Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mutator

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 7/12/2016]

Post by mutator »

Is that going to be final release or are you thinking of adding more things to mod later?
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

IDK, I just kinda add things when I feel like it. Also, I'm gonna use the SAA, the new revolver doesn't look western enough. Of course, there is still spinning.
EDIT: Better spinning.
Last edited by xenoxols on Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Honestly, I think this mod could better fit as a more modern style of a Gun Slinger. Right now, the direction of where this mod wants to go seems lost, though the basic ideas point toward the Western style obviously.

I'll start on the Colt Walker some time. I imagine it'd be a gun that holds six shots, and when those six shots are up, you have to wait for it to recharge before firing it, considering doing a reload for it would take so long. Also, it will be more on the super natural side, if you like a gun that fires mini Soul/Invulnerability Spheres. :twisted:
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Honestly, I think this mod could better fit as a more modern style of a Gun Slinger. Right now, the direction of where this mod wants to go seems lost, though the basic ideas point toward the Western style obviously.

I'll start on the Colt Walker some time. I imagine it'd be a gun that holds six shots, and when those six shots are up, you have to wait for it to recharge before firing it, considering doing a reload for it would take so long. Also, it will be more on the super natural side, if you like a gun that fires mini Soul/Invulnerability Spheres. :twisted:
I'm going to stick to older stuff. The C96 will probably be the newest gun in the mod. Also, new screenshots.
KarolineDianne

Post by KarolineDianne »

So this is pretty cool! I gotta find some appropriate maps to use this mod with.

Though there's something I noticed about the machete... It's really weird how the camera moves when you swing. If you hold the attack button down, your camera will invariably drift down until you're looking at the floor, because you don't return to a neutral position after each swing. It just points you straight down after a few attacks, and that's very disorienting.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

I know the Colt is lefty, but so are Duke Nukem's pistols.
mutator

Post by mutator »

what does the 100 points you earn for each killing?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The score that is going to be implemented, i think?
mutator

Post by mutator »

Captain J wrote:The score that is going to be implemented, i think?
does the score you earn is beneficial or is it just there for fun? for example like in d4d you can buy or upgrade stuff with credit/score you earn
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Just for fun, if i can guess. Like there's no purchasing system, after all.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

A katana. Reminds me of that Charles Bronson movie with a samurai. It was called Red Sun here on Brazil, i don't recall the original name. It's an excellent complement as a weapon.

But i feel the need to say though, i heard somewhere that while a fistful of dollars is a direct adaptation of Yojimbo, the very same Akira Kurosawa inspired himself on Dashiell Hammett's book, Red Harvester.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

GAA1992 wrote:A katana. Reminds me of that Charles Bronson movie with a samurai. It was called Red Sun here on Brazil, i don't recall the original name. It's an excellent complement as a weapon.

But i feel the need to say though, i heard somewhere that while a fistful of dollars is a direct adaptation of Yojimbo, the very same Akira Kurosawa inspired himself on Dashiell Hammett's book, Red Harvester.
I've never actually seen Yojimbo, but since it is apparently Fistful of Dollars with swords, it passes as a western in my book, thus the katana.
Captain J wrote:Just for fun, if i can guess. Like there's no purchasing system, after all.
Maybe in a later version. I want to make the mod fully functional first.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

And i appreciate it a lot! I'm eager to slash cowboys down with it!
xenoxols

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 11/7/2016]

Post by xenoxols »

Updated! Details in OP, but keep in mind it's still not done.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”