Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
inkblot42

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 11/7/2016]

Post by inkblot42 »

The sword and cultist enemies give the western theme a dark fantasy twist that I really like! But speaking of the cultist enemies, the imp replacements projectiles cause my mediocre PC to slowdown, a "toaster mode" that cuts back on the effects for those enemies would be greatly appreciated.
Somagu

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 11/7/2016]

Post by Somagu »

Do you plan on turning the Winchester back into a properly animated lever action, or is it going to stay as it is currently? I liked it better the old way, with the visible levering, also miss the reload animation for the C96, but if those were made in order to speed up the weapons for the sake of balance, I guess that's fine. Absolutely loving the way the new revolver feels, by the way.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Updated 11/25/2016]

Post by xenoxols »

Hey guys, update with better animations and... I don't remember but whatevs.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Hey guys, I'm working on this again, here's what to expect in the next update:

Code: Select all

-Better spinning animation for the revolver
-Spinning the katana
-Faster and improved katana animations
-Firing both barrels of the sawed off at once
-Less awkward C96
-Gatling gun
Here's some screenies.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

YES!!!
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Huh! Rare to see xenoxols return to a mod! No offense. But anyways I'm happy! This mod was badass!!
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Thanks guys!
Gatling gun is in! It even has a crank animation.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That gatlihg gun looks way too futurstic for the western spaghetti!! D: But looks great tho!
xenoxols

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[NEW VERSION!!]

Post by xenoxols »

The new version is available to download!! Look on the OP.
mekanchest

Post by mekanchest »

hey its nice to see your mod again its good :3, btw what version of gzdoom i need to use in this new version??
mutator

Post by mutator »

very good! :) I'll play this alot :P are you going to fix where it shows cell pack for original doom and when you pick it up it says you picked up pack of cells? I am really glad you decided to come back and give the mod life again!
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

mekanchest wrote:hey its nice to see your mod again its good :3, btw what version of gzdoom i need to use in this new version??
I have no clue, but the newest should work best.
mutator wrote:very good! :) I'll play this alot :P are you going to fix where it shows cell pack for original doom and when you pick it up it says you picked up pack of cells? I am really glad you decided to come back and give the mod life again!
The cell pack will be replaced by whatever the BFG replacement uses.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Major bug: I had dual revolvers out and 2 bullets on reserve with both revolvers full. I fired 2 from each and the first revolver was reloaded. Automatically pulled out the second revolver and since I had no more ammo to put into it, it got stuck. Can't fire, can't switch.

Also, I'd request a feature that allows you to press zoom or something to switch sides kinda like in Fistful of Frags. I'd like to use my second revolver single handed and also it can be a problem when the offset of bullets causes you to fire into walls due to it being too far into the sides so it would be nice to allow the player to switch sides for any weapon (since he's clearly ambidextrous).

EDIT: Oh, btw. Lack of explosion delay for barrels breaks the way some maps work and also doesn't allow you to safely blow up barrels that are in the way with bullets since they'll blow you up without giving you time to get away. The way they break maps is how some maps rely on the explosion delay to create slow chain reactions.
mekanchest

Post by mekanchest »

nice work with the mod really, thanks to you mod i made the left sprite for a posible skin for your mod for be well something different and the others two are enemies for my project.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

First term announces his western theme mod and now Xenoxols comes back to his , seeing this makes me wonder if the theme of the Wild West is going to become a thing for a while. I sure hope it does, it's a refreshing change from the Sci-fi action and post 19th century baddassery theme with doom mods. needless to say I am a little bit hyped for the future of this mod.

And I love the new stuff so far since you placed the Gatling Gun in the mod and there are future additions to come. it makes me wonder if the Model 1887s are going to make a comeback as a weaker but more faster shotgun. wherever it does or does not come back I am still fine with it. either way I get to enjoy a new mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”