Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Abba Zabba

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/6/2016]

Post by Abba Zabba »

Liking the Mauser and the cheeto dust tracers. Few things though:

Hell Knight replacing Black Weredragons don't do a check for LoS before attacking, so if you have a bunch of awakened ones in a level, it will be a cacophony of impacting fireballs.

Chaingunners being jacketed zombiemen seems out of place, compared to the other monsters (new monsters are pretty great btw)

Lastly, some sort of stripper clip for the Mauser would be nice. Good update all considered.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Video:
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

im gonna lead my 2c as what to do for the future without suggesting feature bloat

1: Add a fully auto c96 alt fire
to be honest a lot of folks were expecting the c96 to be fully automatic when first shown, granted thats only in the chinese variants except for a small test field, but at the least it'd give it a proper alt fire so you dont have to sacrifice initial designs

2: Finish up that gatling gun
that thing is fantastic, and this mod is in desperate need of a proper fully automatic weapon

3: Add some sort of long range explosive weapon
the sad reality of it is, is that the dynamite, whilst can be thrown far, isnt far enough, and even if it can be thrown far it cant go straight. thats the killer of a lot of mods is that there needs to be a proper straight shooting explosive in the end, simply for icon of sin compatibility. Use that explosive rifle idea, or dynamite bows, or hell even a giant cannonball shooter to keep in theme, its just one of those things that because of the nature of the boss, you kinda have no choice but to add some sort of straight shooting explosive. its for wad and levelset compatibility.

4: Shrink and speed up the tracer projectiles
if you're gonna go for that over hitscans, it's really important to have them as tiny (but noticable) as possible, as again for wad support. some wads you have to shoot a switch thru even a tiny tiny hole, and that can be a hassel with the current system.

5: Something has to be done with the 1887
its more about how it animates and how it looks. The weird bending/rotating one handing it is actually really... jarring? like i can get the implied motion, but it doesnt really look natural or clean at all
Last edited by chronoteeth on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luigi2600

Post by Luigi2600 »

Not to be rude but am i the only one who thinks the bullet puff in this mod looks like exploding glitter.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

Luigi2600 wrote:Not to be rude but am i the only one who thinks the bullet puff in this mod looks like exploding glitter.
Yeah, like I said, the tracers are more like fireballs, not only having a big bright fiery trail, but also because they explode. And the most obnoxious part is, they do that even when you hit something fleshy. It just isn't a very good tracer effect in my opinion. :/
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

But they fit perfectly for an fire-themed weapons mod! You got a download for those tracers?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

chronoteeth wrote:1: Add a fully auto c96 alt fire
to be honest a lot of folks were expecting the c96 to be fully automatic when first shown, granted thats only in the chinese variants except for a small test field, but at the least it'd give it a proper alt fire so you dont have to sacrifice initial designs
Were they? Were they really, though? :/ Can people stop talking for other people in this thread, please?

Anyways, the C96 does have a proper alt-fire. It's called firing the C96 in your other hand. It's not like it's a chore getting a second one since every chaingunner you meet's gonna drop one. If you really must insist though, alt-fire with a single C96 could have you attach that fancy wooden holster-stock the thing is so famous for, turning it into a fancy carbine for longer-range shooting. That would make more sense and be time period accurate, since full auto C96 variants didn't exist until the early thirties.

Also, editing this in, as I had this idea just now. Maybe make the self-rezzing revenants gibbable while they're on the ground to aid in ease of disposal? Although it's not so difficult to just machete fight them in a door frame and then crush them with it, I feel like being able to go all Evil Dead mode on the corpse with a more manual form of dismemberment would be a nice touch.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

The current gun designs are pretty sweet so far (the double-barrel could still use an alt fire), but the extra monsters from realm667 just seem superfluous and don't fit the theme at all. I could probably see the death incarnates fitting in a Deadlands way, if they were wearing ruined old duds of the era.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Hey guys, update with better tracers and explosive rounds for the lever rifle. No new guns yet, sorry!
EddieMann

Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[Demo 4/19/2016]

Post by EddieMann »

For the SS soldier, try a confederate zombie.

Whenever I play it in Zdoom with the latest version, the HUD is gone;
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Try using full screen HUD.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:Try using full screen HUD.
The problem's still there.
Last edited by EddieMann on Wed May 11, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

I'm disappointed you don't have a punt gun as the BFG.

It could be sawed off for all I care.
demo_the_man

Post by demo_the_man »

Why don't you just use a maxim or Gatling gun for a BFG

Return to “Gameplay Mods”