Re: [WIP]Gunslinger 2.0[8/20/2022]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EddieMann

Re: [WIP] Gunslinger 2.0

Post by EddieMann »

Will the vickers be on a little "cart" (wheeled tripod) or rigged to be handheld?
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [WIP][Demo] Gunslinger 2.0

Post by xenoxols »

Demo has been released! No Mauser or Maxim yet, but it does have a new revolver sprite.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

How about the idea of a mining pick with a razor-sharp point as a replacement for the chainsaw, that could be swung in a few different ways to really gore hunks outta demons? Or do you have another and better idea?
Flyingcomputer

Post by Flyingcomputer »

The mod plays really well so far and i'm really enjoying going through scythe with it, one thing i have to say though is that the dynamite feels way too bouncy to me, and another thing is that not being able to shoot the dynamite instantly after throwing it feels like is lowers its viability.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Patriot1776 wrote:How about the idea of a mining pick with a razor-sharp point as a replacement for the chainsaw, that could be swung in a few different ways to really gore hunks outta demons? Or do you have another and better idea?
I think that using a mining pick for the default and the machete for the chainsaw replacement could work.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Is this decent for a gatling?
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

That thing looks pretty cool. But the magazine looks a little off, so too does the handle. Otherwise, yeah looks pretty cool.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

DukeWooze wrote:That thing looks pretty cool. But the magazine looks a little off, so too does the handle. Otherwise, yeah looks pretty cool.
Yeah I sort of feel like if you're trying to add a Bruce feed, it'd be considerably straighter.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

xenoxols wrote:Image
Is this decent for a gatling?
I expected it to look more like Captain J's gatling gun.
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

I made this edit for you if you want to use it. It uses the magazine from Captain J's MP40 on his Snapshot workshop thread in the resources board.

JudgeGroovy

Post by JudgeGroovy »

Looks terrific! Is the map in the trailer made for the mod, if not what map is that?
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Thanks for the edit DukeWooze! The map pack is Brotherhood of Ruin.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

xenoxols wrote:Thanks for the edit DukeWooze! The map pack is Brotherhood of Ruin.
I don't mean to ask or anything but do you know of any other mappacks that would go great with this mod?, because playing a Wild West mod in a Techbase-Future Earth environment does not do wonders for immersion.
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

The Thing Thing wrote:
xenoxols wrote:Thanks for the edit DukeWooze! The map pack is Brotherhood of Ruin.
I don't mean to ask or anything but do you know of any other mappacks that would go great with this mod?, because playing a Wild West mod in a Techbase-Future Earth environment does not do wonders for immersion.
Epic 2's early and late levels are a good fit as well, but you might wanna wait for the Mauser C96, Gatling Gun, and Maxim Gun are in the mod first, as you're gonna need those weapons on MAP04, Sarcophagus where the pack's first Spider Mastermind is encountered.

EDIT: Just played most of the way through 'Brotherhood of Ruin' with this, and more the C96 Mauser, the Maxim Gun, and the Gatling cannot be finished soon enough for this mod. :lol: Got really lucky on the first of the maps that have a Cyberdemon showed up. I used a secret passage to get a much better attack approach on the cyber where he was lower than me and I behind a berm so his rockets were only impacting against a wall and so I was able knock him upside the head with bundle after bundle of TNT. But even then, it nearly took a full loadout of TNT bundles, hitting Mr. Cybie in the head with most of them, finally drop him! :shock: A few levels later, came across another cyber, this time both of us out in an open area and with no real higher vantage point to get to in a hurry to chuck TNT, and I just straight up quit my game right then and there because I knew my cowboy was about to be smashed to giblets because of the tactical situation and him not having a Maxim or Gatling with him. :lol:

Anyway, one critque I can offer for sure is that the 'Reinforced Iron Plate' armor really needs to provide up to 200 points of armor I believe, because right now with only 100 points of armor, the same as the 'Rusted Iron Plate', its really not that much better than the Rusted Iron Plate.

I think the secondary attack for the Lever Action Rifle should be tossing a TNT bundle that you can then shoot to finally blow it up, so you do have a sort of pseudo rocket-launcher.

5+1 reloading on the lever-action shotgun wouldn't be a bad idea either. I also think a single-shot scoped rifle, requiring reloading after every shot but packing a serious wallop, wouldn't be a bad idea for this mod too.

Another nice little idea, that would fit this mod very good too, is one that comes from TrailBlazer: Soul Spheres are randomly replaced by a whisky bottle you can carry that serves to restore your health up to 100, and there could possibly two kinds: regular and a 'Select' bottle, maybe 'Kentucky Red Eye', that take your health beyond 100, up to 200, as a complete Soul Sphere replacement.
DukeWooze

Post by DukeWooze »

I have to ask. Do you have any plans for a rocket launcher type weapon? If not you need to think of some kind of a weapon that can kill the Icon of Sin and the only way (that I know of) to kill it is with the rocket launcher by shooting his brain hole.
You could use a fictional handheld version of this thing maybe.

It is a revolving cannon that shoots 37MM rounds if I'm not mistaken. It says on the page that explosive bullets weren't use because they were deemed "inhumane" but you'll be hunting demons so that isn't an issue. :wink:

And by the way I'm not saying you have to use it, but just think of a weapon that can kill the Icon of Sin.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”