Combined_Arms v2.3: Reloaded edition! (Bugfix 5-25-21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Combined_Arms v1.3: Red hot Blastmaster MK2 edition!

Postby Tesculpture » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:55 am

Minor bug (or is it intentional?); Slugger/Defiance hitscans and Ranger grenades leave no bullet hole/scorch mark decals.

Also, the Particle Smasher does not fully reload from a single key press; it will load two shots, then go back to being idle. To fully reload it when fired dry, you have to hold the key down, causing the reload animation to play start to finish three times. If it's intentional you load cells one by one into the Smasher, gradually filling its supply, why doesn't it reload continuously like the Icarus Launcher?
Tesculpture

Postby Funky Gnoll » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:14 am

What the hech is a teck monk
Funky Gnoll

Postby Combine_Kegan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:37 pm

Tesculpture wrote:Minor bug (or is it intentional?); Slugger/Defiance hitscans and Ranger grenades leave no bullet hole/scorch mark decals.

Also, the Particle Smasher does not fully reload from a single key press; it will load two shots, then go back to being idle. To fully reload it when fired dry, you have to hold the key down, causing the reload animation to play start to finish three times. If it's intentional you load cells one by one into the Smasher, gradually filling its supply, why doesn't it reload continuously like the Icarus Launcher?

The bullet hole thing was an oversight, though the particle smasher reloading one at a time was intentional, because it takes a long ass time and reloading from empty would force the player into that animation for a VERY long time, so I offered a compromise by letting you reload that weapon at your own pace, whereas the icarus launcher is significantly faster, even going from empty.

Funky Gnoll wrote:What the hech is a teck monk

My take on the protagonist from Xexyz on the NES.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Re: Combined_Arms v1.4: Red hot Blastmaster MK2 edition!

Postby Gideon020 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:33 pm

I'm fascinated by Tactical Sideharms and the Visions Of Power, but I'm looking forward to melee awesomeness with the Tech-Monk or Past-Linked.
Gideon020
Fanboy

Postby popguy12 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:27 pm

I must admit that the wall kick mechanic is the best thing ever.
popguy12

Postby Alptraum » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:43 am

One of the most fun mods to play with ^^ Combine Kegan is doing a good work.
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby making4 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Any chance of Heretic and Hexen compatibility?
making4

Postby AvzinElkein » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:43 pm

making4 wrote:Any chance of Heretic and Hexen compatibility?

I do not have any connection with him, but odds are no.
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinTW#6569
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Combine_Kegan » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:45 am

making4 wrote:Any chance of Heretic and Hexen compatibility?

I'm afraid not.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby Alptraum » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:13 am

I hope we will see 1.5 soon ^^
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Combine_Kegan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:29 am

Alptraum wrote:I hope we will see 1.5 soon ^^

I'm hoping to get it out soon for you guys, but I'll be honest, I haven't even started coding any weapons, I've been working on art assets for one of the sets, but I can share them here to give you guys something to look at:

The laser hand's idle frame is gonna be replaced because right now it's too similar to the hand beam.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby Twitchy2019 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:19 pm

Combine_Kegan wrote:

I'm hoping to get it out soon for you guys, but I'll be honest, I haven't even started coding any weapons, I've been working on art assets for one of the sets, but I can share them here to give you guys something to look at:

The laser hand's idle frame is gonna be replaced because right now it's too similar to the hand beam.

Maybe make that laser hand into a microwave hand. The microwave could act as an AOE BFG9000 where enemies shake or grow like in Duke Nukem 3d and then explode when in a certain range of the player. That would be pretty neat.
Twitchy2019

Postby Combine_Kegan » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:20 pm

Twitchy2019 wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:

Maybe make that laser hand into a microwave hand. The microwave could act as an AOE BFG9000 where enemies shake or grow like in Duke Nukem 3d and then explode when in a certain range of the player. That would be pretty neat.

Oh don't worry, I've got everything planned how it's gonna work mechanically, I'm just talking about the hand gesture.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby Tesculpture » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:56 am

The striker and burst ball gestures look identical; will one of those be changed?

I know it's stupid, but I really hope the firing animation for the wave ball has you literally waving casually at your enemy...

As for other gestures to use for the laser, maybe metal horns?
Tesculpture

Postby Combine_Kegan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:09 am

Tesculpture wrote:The striker and burst ball gestures look identical; will one of those be changed?

I know it's stupid, but I really hope the firing animation for the wave ball has you literally waving casually at your enemy...

As for other gestures to use for the laser, maybe metal horns?

Striker is gonna be a little different in that it's not a directly selectable weapon, you'll have to charge up into it, plus there's only so many hand gestures that'll work here, so it's a bit of a compromise. The Wave ball is gonna be a hard horizontal sweep across the screen, like a horizontal karate chop, and finally no, no metal horns, the laser is gonna be strong as hell so I'm planning on a more intense clawed hand gesture.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods