Re: Combined_Arms v2.3: Reloaded edition! (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Re: Combined_Arms v1.1: Red hot Blastmaster MK2 edition!

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Really enjoying the new release so far! Took me a while to get used to handling the Blastmaster MK2 itself, but when I realized you can use [AltFire] while "overheated" to keep on shooting, I decided to crank the difficulty up to the Ultra-Violence equivalent, and before I knew it, I was mowing down the Hellish hordes! Looking forward to the GMOTA update when it lands! :D

Played on...
App: Delta Touch (Google Play)
Port: GZDoom v3.5.0 Legacy
Game WAD: Doom Classic Complete (AKA WADSmooshed Doom)
Difficulty: Ultra-Violence
Class: Blastmaster MK2
Monster Set: Classic Doom
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Major bug: you can't equip (and thus, use) crate weapons with the combined arms class. Only the master blaster is capable of using them.

EDIT: Restarting my GZDoom client fixed it. It seems to be inconsistent and I don't know what's causing it. What I did was use blaster master, switch to combined arms and changed maps, picking up a crate weapon it doesn't show up in my inventory no matter how many times I restart the map after.
EDIT2: Found what's causing it. If you burst fire your pistol WHILE picking up a crate weapon it will break. It's possible this may be the case with other weapons, too. In fact, this is happening with normal weapons. After I picked up an axe and threw it, I tried picking up a shotgun and it wouldn't show up either.
EDIT3: You can't pick up a whiplash shotgun at all apparently.
EDIT4: Okay last edit... I'm a moron and apparently Weapon Menu from m8f breaks this.
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Yeah, I discovered that pre-release. Force Universal Mode works fine, but the shotgun, super shotgun and rocket launcher equivalents don't cooperate otherwise with the Weapon Menu for being selected. They can still be selected traditionally by the weapon number keys, but not by scroll wheel or the menu.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

I screwed up and the box of pocket revenants wasn't in the drop pool for the weapon crate, I just fixed that, my bad!
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: Combined_Arms v1.2: Red hot Blastmaster MK2 edition!

Post by chronoteeth »

honestly i love this mod compared to your other mods, its simple yet unique and it does things a lotta fun. it feels doom and different and I like that. sometimes it is nice to play something that isnt high concept for a weapon mod and this does it just right, gj yo
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

For some bizarre reason I can't seem to be able to use the altfire for the Cygnis Rocket Launcher despite having plently of ammo for it. Regular fire works just fine, but when I try and use the altfire, it acts as if there's no ammo and deselects it.

Edit: Okay so if I have just the Cygnis Rocket Launcher and I use alt-fire it just rapidly lowers and raises, as if it's trying to select another weapon.

If I have the shotgun as well, I'll just wind up using the shotgun's altfire instead.
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

Hells to the yes, I've been eagerly awaiting this update for months now. Congrats on the release! I haven't seen everything the mod has to offer yet but I'm having a ton of fun. The monster add-on is a nice unexpected bonus and it ramps up the difficulty quite a bit. And with two whole playerclasses I think my DooM playing habits just had some fresh new life breathed into it.

The monster add-on's sound effects are hilarious too btw, they're just ever so slightly silly and amusing.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

I broke the Cygnis's altfire, my bad. V1.3 fixes that!
If I have to update again so soon for another minor thing like this I am going to eat my socks, sorry everyone.

Other than that I'm glad to see you guys are liking this
Spaceman333

Re: Combined_Arms v1.3: Red hot Blastmaster MK2 edition!

Post by Spaceman333 »

Holy shit one of the greatest classic mod got updated!
And it comes with a monster addon that can be loaded seperately even with other weapon mods too!

Woo : D
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

Found a REAL bug this time. If you hold fire with the rocket launcher of the Blastmaster it will continue to fire normally even after it goes into venting mode. Letting go puts it into vent shotgun mode normally.
snarkel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by snarkel »

Uh, found a pretty big bug. The default combined_arms rocket launcher can still fire without having any ammo
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

snarkel wrote:Uh, found a pretty big bug. The default combined_arms rocket launcher can still fire without having any ammo
Patched that in v1.3, though v1.3 has a different bug regarding the blastmaster's grenade launcher still being fired even after overheating it. But I'm waiting for a bit for any other bugs to pop up.
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

Hey, just wanted to pop by and say that I'm enjoying the new update! Not exactly a "useful" post since I don't really have any balance suggestions or bug reports, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to let you know that I'm loving this. :D
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Dwailing wrote:Hey, just wanted to pop by and say that I'm enjoying the new update! Not exactly a "useful" post since I don't really have any balance suggestions or bug reports, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to let you know that I'm loving this. :D
You saying you're enjoying it helps as well. I appreciate that and I'll keep working on making this even better for all of you guys.
Ts879

Post by Ts879 »

How do you summon crates in the game? I wanna test out the BFG type weapons.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”