Re: Combined_Arms v2.3: Reloaded edition! (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tesculpture

Re: Combined_Arms v1.3: Red hot Blastmaster MK2 edition!

Post by Tesculpture »

Minor bug (or is it intentional?); Slugger/Defiance hitscans and Ranger grenades leave no bullet hole/scorch mark decals.

Also, the Particle Smasher does not fully reload from a single key press; it will load two shots, then go back to being idle. To fully reload it when fired dry, you have to hold the key down, causing the reload animation to play start to finish three times. If it's intentional you load cells one by one into the Smasher, gradually filling its supply, why doesn't it reload continuously like the Icarus Launcher?
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

What the hech is a teck monk
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Tesculpture wrote:Minor bug (or is it intentional?); Slugger/Defiance hitscans and Ranger grenades leave no bullet hole/scorch mark decals.

Also, the Particle Smasher does not fully reload from a single key press; it will load two shots, then go back to being idle. To fully reload it when fired dry, you have to hold the key down, causing the reload animation to play start to finish three times. If it's intentional you load cells one by one into the Smasher, gradually filling its supply, why doesn't it reload continuously like the Icarus Launcher?
The bullet hole thing was an oversight, though the particle smasher reloading one at a time was intentional, because it takes a long ass time and reloading from empty would force the player into that animation for a VERY long time, so I offered a compromise by letting you reload that weapon at your own pace, whereas the icarus launcher is significantly faster, even going from empty.
Funky Gnoll wrote:What the hech is a teck monk
My take on the protagonist from Xexyz on the NES.
Gideon020

Re: Combined_Arms v1.4: Red hot Blastmaster MK2 edition!

Post by Gideon020 »

I'm fascinated by Tactical Sideharms and the Visions Of Power, but I'm looking forward to melee awesomeness with the Tech-Monk or Past-Linked.
popguy12

Post by popguy12 »

I must admit that the wall kick mechanic is the best thing ever.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

One of the most fun mods to play with ^^ Combine Kegan is doing a good work.
making4

Post by making4 »

Any chance of Heretic and Hexen compatibility?
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

making4 wrote:Any chance of Heretic and Hexen compatibility?
I do not have any connection with him, but odds are no.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

making4 wrote:Any chance of Heretic and Hexen compatibility?
I'm afraid not.
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Alptraum »

I hope we will see 1.5 soon ^^
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Alptraum wrote:I hope we will see 1.5 soon ^^
I'm hoping to get it out soon for you guys, but I'll be honest, I haven't even started coding any weapons, I've been working on art assets for one of the sets, but I can share them here to give you guys something to look at:

The laser hand's idle frame is gonna be replaced because right now it's too similar to the hand beam.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Combine_Kegan wrote:
I'm hoping to get it out soon for you guys, but I'll be honest, I haven't even started coding any weapons, I've been working on art assets for one of the sets, but I can share them here to give you guys something to look at:

The laser hand's idle frame is gonna be replaced because right now it's too similar to the hand beam.

Maybe make that laser hand into a microwave hand. The microwave could act as an AOE BFG9000 where enemies shake or grow like in Duke Nukem 3d and then explode when in a certain range of the player. That would be pretty neat.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Twitchy2019 wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:

Maybe make that laser hand into a microwave hand. The microwave could act as an AOE BFG9000 where enemies shake or grow like in Duke Nukem 3d and then explode when in a certain range of the player. That would be pretty neat.
Oh don't worry, I've got everything planned how it's gonna work mechanically, I'm just talking about the hand gesture.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

The striker and burst ball gestures look identical; will one of those be changed?

I know it's stupid, but I really hope the firing animation for the wave ball has you literally waving casually at your enemy...

As for other gestures to use for the laser, maybe metal horns?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Tesculpture wrote:The striker and burst ball gestures look identical; will one of those be changed?

I know it's stupid, but I really hope the firing animation for the wave ball has you literally waving casually at your enemy...

As for other gestures to use for the laser, maybe metal horns?
Striker is gonna be a little different in that it's not a directly selectable weapon, you'll have to charge up into it, plus there's only so many hand gestures that'll work here, so it's a bit of a compromise. The Wave ball is gonna be a hard horizontal sweep across the screen, like a horizontal karate chop, and finally no, no metal horns, the laser is gonna be strong as hell so I'm planning on a more intense clawed hand gesture.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”