Re: Combined_Arms v2.3: Reloaded edition! (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Combine_Kegan

Re: Combined_Arms v1.3: Red hot Blastmaster MK2 edition!

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Ts879 wrote:How do you summon crates in the game? I wanna test out the BFG type weapons.
Summon a BFG9000 and knock yourself out!
NotSoHazy

Post by NotSoHazy »

What the wad in the first screenshot?
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

As a lifelong Transformers fan, I fell in love with the Blastmaster Mk2 at first sight. The simple act of tapping my number keys is now a divine ecstasy.

The overheat mechanic makes for some interesting tactical choices. Since the guns generally get more powerful when the thermometer reaches the yellow, I made a habit of using the Mantis Bunker to pre-heat the gun without firing off any ammo. On the other hand, sometimes the guns display more desirable qualities for a situation when they are cool, which requires venting more often. And then there are the different attacks achievable by venting at different temperatures...

Well played sir, well played.
Toberone

Post by Toberone »

I've been playing Blastmaster more recently and I agree, its awesome. I really feel like I'm using every possible tool at my disposal with this character and I like how its basically the namesake of the mod taken pretty literally. The heat system is well done, its both a blessing and a curse and working around it is pretty stimulating. Man lots of spritework too sheesh, I was not expecting pump animations for everything.

I also think it feels like a decent challenge especially with the monster mod. Its a great fit for maps that fit the campy future aesthethic.

My only criticism for it Is I really think we should get a proper bfg mode for it, I think the crates are cool but I think it should really only be for the first character. its just a bit jarring suddenly switching to a new weapon especially when there even a melee mode, I feel like mr.blastermaster should never have to move his arms lol. Also artistically only the .100% pistol really works for blastermaster cause of the eriance/amuscaria sprites. Edit: Course feel free to disagree, rereading what I just wrote, its basically a demand and I apologize.
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

I couldn't help but laugh for like 3 minutes when I found out about the tiny revenant army box. Ohh god I felt like ICARUSLIV3s in his video. A very happy man. Just love everything.
Lime

Post by Lime »

This Update is fun! Here's what I think about the new ones.
- The Rivet Gun has unique concept from shooting rivets then turn to caltrops and the altfire makes it kicking it up for the enemies to waste the health.
- From the Crates, my favorite is the pistol, because I can see from what reference that you've inspired. The 2nd is the Revenant Box, because of the attack to make an army for the agitation and the calcium (Humans needed the calcium....).
-Blastmaster Mk2 has going to an arcade-style with the satisfying deploy animations of the type of weapon to choose, my favorite is the Super Shotgun.

-Overall, This has to be the greatest return of the weapon mods that I've seen! Thanks for making this Mod.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Gave another quick update for both Combined_Arms and Combined_Harms, fixing the Ranger grenade launcher bug, buffs to a few crate weapons, and lowering the HP value of the hell knights in Combined_Harms
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

Combine_Kegan wrote:... lowering the HP value of the hell knights in Combined_Harms
Oh thank God. I was actually just about to come and post something about that, lol. Those things were way too tanky. ^^
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Found a bug; picking up a Fission Sweeper when you already have one displays the wrong pickup message ("You got the Ranger Grenade Gun").

Another thing, though I don't know if it's intentional: the ice beam's heated-up shots don't use the ice damage type (and thus do not freeze enemies) like the normal shots do.
Brett

Post by Brett »

Just want to say, this is a truly great mod! It was one of my favourite weaponsets before and it's even better now with all of these updates and the new loadout! Can't wait to see what's to come!
The only thing I kinda miss is the blursphere being replaced with mid-tier weapons. The new crate weapons are obviously BFG material and awesome, but they can be pretty rare on some map sets and I am not the greatest fan of invis.
But this has to be only nitpick I have. Keep up the great work!
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

Combined Arms is probably the mod I have recorded most videos with on my channel, but I wasn'1 following its development since 1.0. Then I made a simple review video commenting whats new and I think the Fission Sweeper isn't alerting monsters. Also, I had trouble when combined it with some monster packs, like Kriegsland Enemies Pack or even BD's one. I also have to say that I loved the Beastmaster rifle. these animations and sprites are gorgeous.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Facínora wrote:Combined Arms is probably the mod I have recorded most videos with on my channel, but I wasn'1 following its development since 1.0. Then I made a simple review video commenting whats new and I think the Fission Sweeper isn't alerting monsters. Also, I had trouble when combined it with some monster packs, like Kriegsland Enemies Pack or even BD's one. I also have to say that I loved the Beastmaster rifle. these animations and sprites are gorgeous.
Oh crap, you're right, the Fission Sweeper is silent. I'll fix that in a future update, my bad. That's odd that Combined_Arms isn't playing nice with those monster packs, do you have a log of what went wrong?
ArchXeno

Post by ArchXeno »

Cacodemons can infight with each other, probably from the concussive blast attack
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

I'm sorry for being late to the party. Combined Arms became even more Combined! The new BlastMaster MKII set is super enjoyable.

May I suggest adding weapon tags for SKPistol and TSBrick classes in some future update? And maybe to other classes that lack tags.

Oh, and by the way, Weapon Menu's out-of-the box support for Combined Arms is fixed now.
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

Combine_Kegan wrote:do you have a log of what went wrong?
nope... Sorry. I can't remember what went wrong with BD Monsters, but with Kriesgland Enemies Pack it is shown in the video (about 12:00). The monsters' shots turn into some kind of "wire" in the map, and if you touch it, you take damage... It seems to happen randomly as well, but more in GZDoom 3.5.0 than in Zandronum 3.0.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”