LegenDoom [2.8.3] - LDL [4.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Soul Sucka

Re: LegenDoom [1.6] LDL [1.1]

Post by Soul Sucka »

DRPG works fine with LegenDoom, but LDLite doesn't seem to work as well with it. It understandably won't run if you load DoomRPG-LegenDoom alongside it since it can't find LegenDoom entries, but even though it runs without it, the constant legendary monster triggering bug happens (this also happens if you load LegenDoom without DRPG's LegenDoom add-on). Are there any plans to make LDLite also compatible with DRPG?
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I've just had a crash in this that may have been involved by me firing a piercing BFG at a Spider Mastermind. I'd saved at the start of the map, so I was able to recreate it with a quick noclip/notarget and got the same result. I'm guessing it's to do with how the Spider's massive hitbox reacts to piercing weapons, because I read somewhere about that also allowing you to very quickly destroy it with Hexen's Sapphire Wand (except in Samsara)
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Soul Sucka wrote:Are there any plans to make LDLite also compatible with DRPG?
No.
SiFi270 wrote:I've just had a crash in this that may have been involved by me firing a piercing BFG at a Spider Mastermind. I'd saved at the start of the map, so I was able to recreate it with a quick noclip/notarget and got the same result. I'm guessing it's to do with how the Spider's massive hitbox reacts to piercing weapons, because I read somewhere about that also allowing you to very quickly destroy it with Hexen's Sapphire Wand (except in Samsara)
Sounds like a problem with whatever GZDoom version you are using to me. This is designed for 2.8.1/2.1.1, much like DRLA.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I did mean to acknowledge the possibility that it could be the new GZDoom's fault, but I forgot. It happened again, but this time without the spider, so I was wrong anyway.
tyketto

Post by tyketto »

I'm about to wrap up a YouTube series of myself playing this mod with Ancient Aliens. I haven't had that much fun with new weapons in quite a long time, and I'm sure I barely scratched the surface as far as what other potential weapons are available here! Excellent work all around!

If you're curious - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... gtu5QglKhc
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

tyketto wrote:I'm about to wrap up a YouTube series of myself playing this mod with Ancient Aliens.
This was actually pretty good. I'm not the type of person to watch people play games, normally, but you make it quite enjoyable, and seeing your reactions to things is good fun. I'm about halfway through at this point. I'm super glad also that your microphone doesn't pick up your keyboard except rare occaisions, so that's a big point in your favour. Stuff like that drills into my brain, heh.

I did a once over on the planned stuff for 2.0, and began some preliminary setting up and preparing for it, but it will be a while before I get started on that, as I've got some other stuff I want to finish first. But you certainly gave me enough motivation to start the next phase of things, thank you.
tyketto

Post by tyketto »

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! I've gotten a bit better at video/audio editing over the years, though admittedly I'm no expert. Excited to hear a new version is in the works, as well!
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Bug report: Setting Gun Casings to Silent doesn't actually make them silent. Didn't found any mention of that in this thread, sorry if I missed it.

Edit: Pretty sure Instructional Pickup Text option doesn't work. I set it to off, but I still get the text.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

the pickup text maybe doesn't change until you load a new map?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Grigori wrote:Bug report: Setting Gun Casings to Silent doesn't actually make them silent.
Oooh, well spotted, thank you. Will fix for 2.0.
Grigori wrote:Pretty sure Instructional Pickup Text option doesn't work. I set it to off, but I still get the text.
Working fine here. Instructional Pickup Text is the paragraph of stuff that appears when you walk over a Legendary weapon you already are carrying.
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Yholl wrote:Instructional Pickup Text is the paragraph of stuff that appears when you walk over a Legendary weapon you already are carrying.
Guess I just misunderstood what that option was supposed to do.

Sorry for bump. That was a missclick.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

There's a bump feature?
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

Hey. I've tried looking on my own for an answer, but, I was not having any luck. What is the status of using DoomRPG + DoomRLA + LegenDoom together? I have a feeling that throwing this mod into the mix would theoritically be a great addition to an already great pair of mods, but, I'm not sure how well it would work in reality.

Edited to fix a typo and grammer.
Last edited by austen1000 on Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

LegenDoom Lite should probably work with those two combined, but don't count on me for that. throwing regular LegenDoom probably won't work because of the new weapon effects it brings in. you'd need whatever legacy version of DRPG that works with DRLA too, since the latest version were taking advantage of features in the yet-to-be-released beta version of it, i think.
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:LegenDoom Lite should probably work with those two combined, but don't count on me for that. throwing regular LegenDoom probably won't work because of the new weapon effects it brings in. you'd need whatever legacy version of DRPG that works with DRLA too, since the latest version were taking advantage of features in the yet-to-be-released beta version of it, i think.
According to Yholl's respone to someone, LegenDoom Lite is not made to be compatiable with DoomRPG. I already have the legacy DoomRPG version and the latest availble DoomRLA (arsenal, hud, and monsters). I got curious as to what this mod was, as I saw the compatiability patch in the DoomRPG folder, and after looking at the features, I wanted to figure out if all 3 could work together, given that I like Fallout 4.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”