LegenDoom [2.8.3] - LDL [4.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
isaacpop23

Re: LegenDoom [1.6] LDL [1.1]

Post by isaacpop23 »

While not designed to be compatible, I have put LegenDoom Lite in with RLA and RPG, and it worked well enough. Though personally I would advise against it, not for any bugs or things like that, but because I simply got so many Soulspheres that it rendered all other health useless. I'd never die. If you do try this anyway, attempt to get the old version of LDLite that doesn't give Soulspheres.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

but then you won't get the rare loot that legendary enemies drop when running this with DRLA.
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

Given the large influx of stuff you get in RPG, not sure that LD is too necessary for getting more stuff. Unless there's some special things that you can only get when in conjunction with RLA and LegenDoom.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

isaacpop23 wrote:While not designed to be compatible, I have put LegenDoom Lite in with RLA and RPG, and it worked well enough. Though personally I would advise against it, not for any bugs or things like that, but because I simply got so many Soulspheres that it rendered all other health useless. I'd never die. If you do try this anyway, attempt to get the old version of LDLite that doesn't give Soulspheres.
LegenDoom Lite does not work with DRPG, you should never run the two together. Normal LegenDoom has compat stuff inside it to work with DRPG, Lite does not, and can cause all manner of fuckery with health values and aura effects and stuff.
I mean, sure, Lite is so well, light, that it works with pretty much anything, but it is breaking stuff that isn't directly obvious when you play with DRPG.

If you want to run something with DRPG, pick either DRLA or LegenDoom, you can't have both.

I'll try and release an update to Lite relatively soon to make item drops more dynamic.
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

Yholl wrote: I mean, sure, Lite is so well, light, that it works with pretty much anything, but it is breaking stuff that isn't directly obvious when you play with DRPG.
Then this is probably what was happening, I don't remember anything out of the ordinary happening, but I'm gonna assume that it was considering you know what's actually happening with the code. I'll keep that in mind for future games then.
austen1000

Post by austen1000 »

Yholl wrote:
isaacpop23 wrote:While not designed to be compatible, I have put LegenDoom Lite in with RLA and RPG, and it worked well enough. Though personally I would advise against it, not for any bugs or things like that, but because I simply got so many Soulspheres that it rendered all other health useless. I'd never die. If you do try this anyway, attempt to get the old version of LDLite that doesn't give Soulspheres.
LegenDoom Lite does not work with DRPG, you should never run the two together. Normal LegenDoom has compat stuff inside it to work with DRPG, Lite does not, and can cause all manner of !@#$%^&* with health values and aura effects and stuff.
I mean, sure, Lite is so well, light, that it works with pretty much anything, but it is breaking stuff that isn't directly obvious when you play with DRPG.

If you want to run something with DRPG, pick either DRLA or LegenDoom, you can't have both.

I'll try and release an update to Lite relatively soon to make item drops more dynamic.
This was the answer I was looking for. Thank you. I'll stick to DRLA. The thing that caught my attention with this mod was the fact it brought over the Legendary mechanic from Fallout 4. But, having to choose between the two, I'll stick with with DRLA, since it compliments DoomRPG so well.
Yholl

Re: LegenDoom [1.6] LDL [1.2]

Post by Yholl »

LegenDoomLite has been updated to 1.2!

This update adds health tiers to legendary monsters (tanks mab!), so the stronger the monster, the better the loot it'll drop on death. No more zombiemen dropping Soulspheres constantly!
The loot is also much more interesting than before, with various ammo types, health items and powerups dropping. DRLA support is extended, with the tiers having their own random lists of DRLA items to spawn.

Have fun, and yell at me if something goes wrong.
Unless it's about RLHandcannonPickup. Don't yell at me about that or I'll shank you or something.
Pokky

Post by Pokky »

When playing with drla, is it intentional for monsters to drop "generic" armor and boots?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Are those the white boots and armor you're talking about? If it is, then maybe no. I think those are the templates for the armors and boots for DRLA.

Unless the generic armor will have a use for the new version of DRLA in the future?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Nice update! Can you elaborate on the monster tiers and how it works with custom monsters?
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

There are 5 tiers, they're based on the enemy's spawn health. The tier rises for every 250 health, so a imp will give you tier 1 rewards, while a knight will give you tier 3 rewards, and a baron tier 5.
Spoiler: Tier reward spoilers
Spoiler: hue
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Generic Boots seem to break the hud in the current version of DRLA though.
Spoiler: Might as well share images of me screwing around with this mod
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

did the typo for the Marathon shotgun spawners for LDL when playing with DRLA get fixed? there's an extra "s" in the spawn name, e.g. Marathonsshotguns instead of Marathonshotguns, which made the previous version of LDL spit out an error whenever a boss enemy dropped it.
Yholl

Re: LegenDoom [1.6] LDL [1.3]

Post by Yholl »

hdfghfgjhjdgj
Well, at least this 1.3 should be good.

Fixed the WSTE-M5s not dropping.
Removed the Generic Armor and Boots because of how utterly broken they are. Thankfully due to this, I've now fixed those issues in durla dev.
Ribo Zurai

Re: LegenDoom [1.6] LDL [1.3]

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Say, does the recently released version of GZDoom work with Legendoom? I've always been running DoomRL and LD in ZDoom so I'm not sure (and cannot test it atm)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”