LegenDoom [2.8.3] - LDL [4.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: LegenDoom [2.0] - LDL [2.0]

Post by Yholl »

Redead-ITA wrote:So i decided to give it a try on the DOOMtest map, and the first thing i see is the lack of any other weapon (besides the chaingun) appearing when i load the map, is this a bug?
Don't look at me, I didn't make the map.
Machine-Reaper wrote:Replicating causes weapon ammo to be continuously picked up regardless to limit.
Impossible and false. Replicating has nothing to do with ammo pickups, and even if it did, you can't pickup ammo beyond your maximum.
Machine-Reaper wrote:Also Upgrading Weapons cause all ammo to be picked up regardless to limit.
Also false. Upgrading uses ammo when maxed to upgrade your weaponry. There is indeed a limit.
Churrupez wrote:-Illegal Super Shotgun doesn't have the reloading animation when firing it with no ammo (it's really overpowered :lol: )
-Prototype BFG displays the incorrect sprite if you try to fire it with no ammo.
Hahahaha holy crap that sounds amazing! Will fix, thanks for the heads up!
Churrupez wrote:-Lacerating Chainsaw's effect doesn't work at all
Damn, yeah, somehow it just eternally resets. My bad!
Churrupez wrote:-If you choose the option to start with a Legendary Pistol, you spawn with nothing selected (changing weapons fixes it)
That's because it's hax. You aren't starting with a pistol at all, therefore you can't have it selected.
Churrupez wrote:-I started in MAP09 of Doom II under the effect of a Chronostrike Rocket Launcher, I tried to use the lift from the first room... and my FPS dropped to 1 FPS :o
Don't look at me, it's just a standard timefreeze.
Churrupez wrote:Also, Kenshiro Mode and Kegan Mode seems to have no effect. Maybe I just have to get lucky...
it is a mystery
bisousbisous wrote:Trying to play with colorful hell and I see no colorful monsters. Tried loading Colorful hell before and after Legendoom to no avail.
Load LegenDoom before it always, sorry for giving wrong advice earlier in the thread.
kadu522 wrote:Rapid fire is spaming console mensages.
Yeah, already aware of the Rapid Chaingun and Favoured Melee. Also nice broken video.
GAA1992 wrote:Jesus zombie christ, Yholl. This update is batshit insane.
Thanks! Now that I got this out of the way, I can go and do the thing I said I'd do for you ages ago.
Hopefully it'll still be useful after all this time.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Dear yholl:
How...
Screenshot_Doom_20180620_141735.png
No seriously how do i upgrade a chainsaw?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Redead-ITA wrote:Dear yholl:
How...
by Ripping and Tearing perhaps?
Churrupez

Post by Churrupez »

Redead-ITA wrote:Dear yholl:
How...
You can upgrade it with all types of ammo, not only with the Upgrading weapon's type.

-Six-Shooter Pistol displays the incorrect sprite if you try to fire it with no ammo (same issue as Prototype BFG)

-Concentrating Rocket Launcher fires invisible rockets

-Trees can get the Persistent DoT effect with a Rocket Launcher. I just made a tree bleed :shock:

-Infiltrator's Pistol's effect doesn't work at all

-Quickdraw's "no prefire time" affects all of the BFG's startup, not only the universal prefire delay. Is that intentional?

Also, I've found one good candidate for the "Worst Weapon-Effect Combination" award... Short Range Rocket Launcher :D You can only use it if you move backwards :D
Last edited by Churrupez on Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

What are Thematic weapons? At one point I got a shotgun that said it would get stronger if I had more of them. Does it refer to the tier an effect belongs to? Would it work best with an arsenal full of D64-styled weapons?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

these new weapon effects are seriously a lot of fun. not in just how they work, but how they can synergize with each other, like triggering Warm Up's effect so you can use the much more reliable Extended Melee everywhere. or triggering Action Hero and then using a Shaped Charge Rocket Launcher to obliterate everything. i haven't even found all the effects yet, or found out if there's other effects that has been tweaked, so i'm hopefully going to be playing this for a long time. :)

some bugs/stuff i thought to point out:

- the Stealth effect, or whatever the one was called that makes you invulnerable with blurspheres, doesn't seem to work like it should for me.
- some of the new weapons with stacking effects, like Action Hero and Infiltrator, doesn't have little icons letting you know how long the powerup is lasting.
- lastly, all the guns with movement based effects is hard to tell whether they're actually having any effect or not, like Pro Strat and Serious. it'd be nice having some sort of indication when the effect triggers, as i genuienly can't tell whether it's working or not.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

to add to the above:
you can just hold both opposites and get the increased damage without needing to actually move
and the condition for the strafing one, when using slow firing weapons (ie ssg), is so trivial it might as well be a permanent double damage

the dual wield icon isn't doomguy pulling the scrunched up max payne face
that is a major issue right there
Yholl

Re: LegenDoom [2.1] - LDL [2.0]

Post by Yholl »

Churrupez wrote:-Six-Shooter Pistol displays the incorrect sprite if you try to fire it with no ammo (same issue as Prototype BFG)
-Concentrating Rocket Launcher fires invisible rockets
Fug. Damn, you're really good at finding all these bugs, thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!
Churrupez wrote:-Trees can get the Persistent DoT effect with a Rocket Launcher. I just made a tree bleed :shock:
Hahahhahaa, whoops!
Churrupez wrote:-Infiltrator's Pistol's effect doesn't work at all
Working fine here.
Churrupez wrote:-Quickdraw's "no prefire time" affects all of the BFG's startup, not only the universal prefire delay. Is that intentional?
Yep. Quickdraw is instant switch and instant fire.
Churrupez wrote:Also, I've found one good candidate for the "Worst Weapon-Effect Combination" award... Short Range Rocket Launcher :D You can only use it if you move backwards :D
Hahahahhaah, I wondered how long it'd be till someone found that thing.
SiFi270 wrote:What are Thematic weapons? At one point I got a shotgun that said it would get stronger if I had more of them. Does it refer to the tier an effect belongs to? Would it work best with an arsenal full of D64-styled weapons?
Get more Thematic weapons.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:- the Stealth effect, or whatever the one was called that makes you invulnerable with blurspheres, doesn't seem to work like it should for me.
It's not invuln, it's massive damage reduction, along with immunity to AOE damage.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom wrote:- some of the new weapons with stacking effects, like Action Hero and Infiltrator, doesn't have little icons letting you know how long the powerup is lasting.
That's because they're normal powerups, they're in the powerup bar.
comet1337 wrote:and the condition for the strafing one, when using slow firing weapons (ie ssg), is so trivial it might as well be a permanent double damage
you gotta do the sidestep boogie, if you want the sidestep kablooie
comet1337 wrote:the dual wield icon isn't doomguy pulling the scrunched up max payne face
that is a major issue right there
I laughed way too hard upon waking up, thanks! My day is already off to a great start.

Ok, having sat and gathered bug reports for a while, I'm gonna start fixing all this and get 2.1 done. Thanks again for all the bug reports, I'm glad you're having enough fun with this to encounter so many!

EDIT: 2.1 is now finished, fixing all the bugs that've been reported so far.
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

I wanted to report titlemap crash with Champions, but it looks like people already noticed.

So I'll just say that Augmented anything with Champions equals near-permanent damage/defense buffs.
Also, I noticed that the mod still uses open-script with RaduisGive to legendarify stuff. I think the same thing can be achieved with a ZScript handler, while also giving a chance to legendarify to monsters spawned after the map start.
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
bisousbisous wrote:Trying to play with colorful hell and I see no colorful monsters. Tried loading Colorful hell before and after Legendoom to no avail.
Download latest beta of Colourful hell
Spoiler:
and load it after Legendoom.

also use GZDoom 3+
Thank you!!
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I was wondering if there would, at least, be a mode where you start with at least just the persistent pistol. (Well, for Colorful Hell when it comes to whittling down big enemies' health.)

Though I'll have to admit the unique legendary weapons, such as the six-shooter and the machine pistol were very nice. Especially the former. (Well, my fave DRLA class is the scout because of the multiplied pistol damage.)
isaacpop23

Post by isaacpop23 »

Bug thing: If you use auto-aim with the shielding effect, then your shots are constantly angled upwards (tested with the Plasma Gun in 2.1).
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I know you can't please everyone and you don't have to, but my only personal issue with LegenDoom is again the amount of ammo available to the player. Dropped clips that give 10 bullets and map-spawned shotguns that give 4 shells I can sort of live with. But 40 bullets per chaingun/ner is just too much 😅

Edit: Are the weapon pickups switchable decorations? Because with IDDT they appear blue on my map, the same color I have set for non-counting monsters.
Churrupez

Post by Churrupez »

Yholl wrote:Damn, you're really good at finding all these bugs, thanks a lot! I really appreciate it!
I like to play with die.exe activated, so I already saw a lot of weapon combinations :P

-Quickdraw Pistol fires much faster than it should.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I do have plenty of favorites among the new effects per tier so far. (spoilered for being a long list)
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”