LegenDoom [2.8.3] - LDL [4.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
4thcharacter

Re: LegenDoom [1.6] LDL [1.3]

Post by 4thcharacter »

Yholl wrote:
4thcharacter wrote:Will there be an effect that causes other nearby monsters to fight the monster that is hit/shot by you, similar to the curse spell from Wrath of Cronos? I've suggested this a long time ago.
Nah, sorry.
Ah, shame. It would make a sick legendary weapon effect, so I hope in the future update after 2.0 an effect like that comes in.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Slow progress. Was actually fast at first, but then I had to make way too many images and crap ever so slowly and I just escaped it for a few days.
Right now all the new melee types spawn, (not that they actually do anything right now) and have their hovering names, icons, descriptions and stuff.

I've got to copy across the more streamlined effect dropping code, as well as all the effect spawning/dropping stuff to the other weapons. After that I need to make the small effect icons through TEXTURES for the HUD.
Once that's done, it'll be time to start making the actual effects. There's a staggering amount to do, but I should be able to work through it quickly, as I made copies of a lot of data to quickly convert for the other weapons.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Good to see this project once again. It seems they works nicely and tastes like rainbow!
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Slow but steady. All weapons up to the Chaingun now spawn with any of their new effects (not that they do anything right now), I seem to have streamlined the process enough that I can get one weapon backend done in about 2 and a half hours if I work at it non-stop. Just a bit monotonous. Just a little.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

All 9 weapons now spawn with all the new effects, and the HUD is updated with the new icons as well.
And yeah, while I was getting new effects, I kept getting Doomguy head ones, so I decided to go for a complete set.

Can you guess what each of those new effects are?
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

hrmm, the pistol looks like it would slow down enemies, or put them to sleep, when they're shot. the shotgun, random chance to save ammo on shot? (although that already exists...) the plasma gun might have something to do with gibbing, and the BFG i assume makes shot silent. the rest i'm not really sure.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

My first instinct when I saw the SSG's icon was "summon your skellington army" but then that sounded too incredible for a mere green-tiered weapon.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

no way that's not an agitated/agitating SSG
silencing BFG? prevents enemies from attacking?
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Well, I suppose all those new effects would be fun to try out before I start doing serious runs.

Also, an effect that does quad damage to legendary monsters? That's actually really useful on those boss enemies. (Assuming you activate the "All legendary boss" option.)
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Haha, nice guesses.

Yes, it's a Stealth BFG 9000, doesn't alert enemies at long range.
And yes, it's an Agitating SSG. You'll never guess what it does, though.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

It could involve homing maybe but I'm not sure what that'd mean for the hitscan weapons, and it also sounds too good for green, also I can't remember every effect off the top of my head but I think it may already be there?

Another possibility I thought of is that it might be the opposite of the stealth perk which could be better than it sounds because if a monster becomes active earlier than intended then the player can take them out earlier than intended and not have to worry about being trapped with them under more intense circumstances later on. If so, it could work wonders in Ancient Aliens.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

i'm not sure if that would even be doable, considering there's map tricks to apply that makes the enemies not hear you whatsoever in certain areas. besides, the chainsaw already auto-aggros enemies when you pull it out.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Another question: Are there also some new gameplay modes in addition to the funkygnoll mode?

Also, the Pristine effect...would it still count if the player is above max health?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

SiFi270 wrote:It could involve homing maybe but I'm not sure what that'd mean for the hitscan weapons, and it also sounds too good for green, also I can't remember every effect off the top of my head but I think it may already be there?
Yeah, you're thinking of Seeker.
dljosef wrote:Another question: Are there also some new gameplay modes in addition to the funkygnoll mode?
No, I didn't think of any. If you have any ideas, feel free to throw them at me, but I probably won't do them unless they're pretty easy. The FunkyGnoll mode has some 100% crime code in it that I hate.
dljosef wrote:Also, the Pristine effect...would it still count if the player is above max health?
Yup, 100+.

Marrub helped me get a bunch of effects finished, so now all that remains is the slow slog of finishing all 120 effects across all 9 weapons.
Here's hoping I can power through this without just expiring on the spot.

Once that's done it'll be a bunch of testing, and then release.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

HOW MANY OF THESE ARE APPLICABLE TO KNIFE

Return to “Gameplay Mods”