LegenDoom [2.8.3] - LDL [4.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lwks

Re: LegenDoom [1.6] LDL [1.3]

Post by lwks »

So this seems to run well with GZDoom 3.2, except for the fact that there are no options menu for LegenDoom in the Options Menu. Is it too much asking for a simple fix? :3:
And just so you know this doesn't work with Smooth Doom Monsters Only (LegenDoom does work, but Smooth Doom doesn't though)
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

lwks wrote:So this seems to run well with GZDoom 3.2, except for the fact that there are no options menu for LegenDoom in the Options Menu. Is it too much asking for a simple fix? :3:
Sorry, you'll have to wait till 2.0.
lwks wrote:And just so you know this doesn't work with Smooth Doom Monsters Only (LegenDoom does work, but Smooth Doom doesn't though)
You would have to load Smooth Doom Monsters after LegenDoom, LegenDoom has monsters defined in it that you'd want to overwrite.

EDIT: Added a Discord link to the main post for those interested in whatever crap I get up to. Also contains more interesting Marrub stuff.
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

Can anyone tell me how I might get this working with Project Brutality 3.0 Test? I'd think since it's compatible with any monster mod all one would need to do is replace the weapons to get legendary effects in the legendoom.wad, but I'm not sure of what to do. Any help much appreciated!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Run it with LegendoomLite instead.
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

Legendoom Lite doesn't have the legendary weapon effects.... does it? I thought lite ver just removed those effects?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

tyrantkyng wrote:Legendoom Lite doesn't have the legendary weapon effects.... does it? I thought lite ver just removed those effects?
Well, the problem is, in order to make those legendary effects work, LegenDoom (non-lite) needs to replace weapon and monster actors, which would overwrite (or cause clashes with) PB's.
tyrantkyng

Post by tyrantkyng »

ahhhh... I C. lol. Sorry, new to doom modding and aren't too sure how it works. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. If I can get DoomRPG+RLA working, ill just use those & the legendoom patch is has. Thanks!
Yholl

Re: LegenDoom [1.6] LDL [2.0]

Post by Yholl »

tyrantkyng wrote:ahhhh... I C. lol. Sorry, new to doom modding and aren't too sure how it works. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. If I can get DoomRPG+RLA working, ill just use those & the legendoom patch is has. Thanks!
LegenDoomLite does not work with DoomRPG, sorry. It's one of the few things it breaks.

In other news, LegenDoomLite 2.0 is released because drla is pissing me off and I needed something else to do

Features include -
  • Is now a nice shiny pk3 file!
    Has support for Heretic, Hexen, Strife and Chex Quest!
    Has slightly more robust monster detection, along with an option to disable that if you want it for whatever reason
Feel free to grab it in the main post.

Also, feel free to bring up an balance issues about the newly added games supported, i.e. making something too common or whatever
TootsyBowl

Post by TootsyBowl »

Got a bizarre bug where a Rapid Chaingun I was using couldn't stop firing after I used a resurrect cheat. The gun, once fired, will only stop once your ammunition is dry. Was somehow fixed by picking up a regular chaingun and firing it a few times, then picking the rapid chaingun back up.
lwks

Post by lwks »

When is the new version comming out?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

TootsyBowl wrote:Got a bizarre bug where a Rapid Chaingun I was using couldn't stop firing after I used a resurrect cheat. The gun, once fired, will only stop once your ammunition is dry. Was somehow fixed by picking up a regular chaingun and firing it a few times, then picking the rapid chaingun back up.
Weird, will take a look.
lwks wrote:When is the new version comming out?
Huh, I didn't think anyone was actually waiting for it.
2.0 was about half done when I stopped messing with it a long time ago, I wouldn't have a clue when it'd be done. I'm surrounded by projects that all need to be done quickly, it's not too fun right now.
Churrupez

Post by Churrupez »

-If you charge a Chargeup weapon and you switch to another weapon while holding Fire, the Chargeup weapon fires like a normal non-Chargeup weapon until you release the Fire key.
Lifeform

Post by Lifeform »

I just Created this account only to say THANK YOU !!!

I just recently got back to play OLD SCHOOL DOOM and after trying your mod i FRICKEN LOVE IT MAN, the whole RPG randomization elements make the game feel so satisfying, its just soo fun to find interesting and AWESOME weapons enemies can randomly drop... In my opinion this is definitely one of the best doom mods out there... you have my approval man... i really wish JOHAN ROMERO would have seen this... 5 / 5 AWESOME !!!

Keep doing what your doing you deserve ALL THE BEST !

Are there any plans in the future for further updates ? Are we gonna see items or weapons that drain health of enemies and heals the player, that would be awesome, or maybe Heroic Weapons Tire... Maybe even a really RARE LEGENDARY Weapons that can MIND CONTROL Demons to fight for you... or a Lazer BEAM weapons or rail guns... Mancubi Flamethrowers and Revenant Fireball Launchers Weapons would be Bloody Amazing if we could steal those weapons from them... these are just some nice ideas that you can improve... maybe even make Randomize Power UP items as well that could give different buffs and bonuses...

I really really REALLYYYY LOVE YOU WORK... Your Awesome !!!

Cheers !!! :mrgreen:

Lifeform.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Thank you Lifeform for your friendly comment! I'm glad you are enjoying this mod, welcome back to Old School Doom.

As for your update ideas, there is infact a gun that makes demons join your side and fight for you, and I believe there is a railgun upgrade for every hitscan weapon (bullets and shells) in the game! Keep hunting for more guns, there are a lot to try out!
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Churrupez wrote:-If you charge a Chargeup weapon and you switch to another weapon while holding Fire, the Chargeup weapon fires like a normal non-Chargeup weapon until you release the Fire key.
That's terror. I'll try and work out what's the issue there.
Lifeform wrote:I just Created this account only to say THANK YOU !!!
Hahaha, I'm glad you're enjoying it so much. Coincidentally enough, I actually started working on this again just yesterday, I'll keep powering on through and try to get 2.0 done soon.
There's 60 effects in the current LegenDoom, there will be 120 new ones in 2.0 for a total of 180 effects, look forward to it!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”