LegenDoom [2.8.3] - LDL [4.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: LegenDoom [1.6] LDL [1.3]

Post by Yholl »

wildweasel wrote:Many apologies for the bump, but I have a nugget of feedback and/or a question - I've been playing LegenDoom 1.6 with the DRL Monsters lately, and noticed that the Scrapper weapons don't have any additional effect on some of DRLM's Technophobia monsters (most notably cyber-imps and former human cyborgs - interestingly the Heavy Revenants are affected, though!). Any intention of changing this?
I know it can be confusing because of that, but the intent was that its extra damage against specific types of monsters. Scrapper does extra damage to Revenants, Arachnotrons and Mancubi, and only them. I'll explain it.

• Exorcist - All Former Humans
    Extinguishing - Imps and Arch-viles
    Wrangler - Demons and Spectres
    Scrapper - Revenants, Arachnotrons and Mancubi
    Anti-air - Cacodemons, Pain Elementals and Lost Souls
    Blessed - Hell Knights and Barons of Hell
    Heroic - Any monster with +BOSS, overrides any other type.

A monster can only have one of the above, so a boss imp, for instance, would only have a weakness to Heroic.

So yes, even though it says cybernetic enemies, it's really about damaging those three types only.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

yeah, i figured it wouldn't work on all Technophobia enemies. although, i recall Scrapper not being exactly clear what enemies it works on (it says all "cybernetic" enemies, not the specific trio of monsters), so it could be confusing when playing on Technophobia to find that all the cybernetic enemies aren't affected.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I suppose there's not much getting around that without putting a wall of text in front of the player for the description. Understandable, though, I'll note it for the future.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Here's my guide to the Legendary Weapon effects.
Spoiler:
I'll be looking forward to the new effects with the next release.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Just because I feel like being pedantic right now...
dljosef wrote:Nuclear: Less damage, infinite ammo
Best Weapon: Any
Comment: Essentially the same as if you took the optional effect.
That's technically not true.

Optional does 100% damage, but does 40% damage once you have no ammo left.
Nuclear always does 60% damage.

The difference is slight, but it is there. Nuclear is good if you are constantly ammo starved, or want to conserve ammo for the other shell or cell weapon if it's on one of them.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Yholl wrote:Optional does 100% damage, but does 40% damage once you have no ammo left.
Nuclear always does 60% damage.
Oh... I didn't really notice the damage differences. Thanks for clearing that up.
Viscra Maelstrom

so i noticed something strange playing this again with the DRLA monster pack. for whatever reason, none of the effective damage weaponry works on the enemies i tried them on. Exorcist doesn't do 3x damage to zombies, Extinguishing doesn't deal 3x to imps and arch-viles etc. i'm genuinely confused as to why this is happening, given that WW posted earlier about playing this WITH the monster pack and it working just fine, apparently.

i don't think anything i have autoloaded would cause this issue, because i have things like njsplash and sound caulking autoloaded, but those wouldn't affect the monsters themselves, i don't think, and the effective damage weapons does work without the monster pack.

does anyone else have this problem?
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:so i noticed something strange playing this again with the DRLA monster pack. for whatever reason, none of the effective damage weaponry works on the enemies i tried them on. Exorcist doesn't do 3x damage to zombies, Extinguishing doesn't deal 3x to imps and arch-viles etc. i'm genuinely confused as to why this is happening, given that WW posted earlier about playing this WITH the monster pack and it working just fine, apparently.

i don't think anything i have autoloaded would cause this issue, because i have things like njsplash and sound caulking autoloaded, but those wouldn't affect the monsters themselves, i don't think, and the effective damage weapons does work without the monster pack.

does anyone else have this problem?
The same in my case, different monster type effects don't work on DRLA monsters and apparently I thought that either DRLA Monsters need to be updated in order to use Legendoom effects or Legendoom itself is too updated to support DRLA mons...
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:so i noticed something strange playing this again with the DRLA monster pack. for whatever reason, none of the effective damage weaponry works on the enemies i tried them on. Exorcist doesn't do 3x damage to zombies, Extinguishing doesn't deal 3x to imps and arch-viles etc. i'm genuinely confused as to why this is happening, given that WW posted earlier about playing this WITH the monster pack and it working just fine, apparently.
It works for WW because as he's contributed to DRLA several times, he's got one of the indev DRLA builds, which has all that stuff.
Viscra Maelstrom

ah, so that's how it is. i could have sworn that the monsters worked with the effective damage weaponry, but i guess not then. thanks for clearing that up.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

yhole
i made fragtrak work w/ ur mod
am a very satisfy
More seriously, the only bug is that plasmatic weapons count for the plasma rifle, because it checks the projectile and cannot find the origin of it reliably. Otherwise it's a+ gucci, very easy to work with and test
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Tapwave wrote:yhole
am a very satisfy
More seriously, the only bug is that plasmatic weapons count for the plasma rifle, because it checks the projectile and cannot find the origin of it reliably. Otherwise it's a+ gucci, very easy to work with and test
ohmy
thas cooooooooool

Is that bug something I can fix easily on my end? If it's not terror, I can do it for 2.0.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

Yholl wrote:
Tapwave wrote:yhole
am a very satisfy
ohmy
thas cooooooooool

Is that bug something I can fix easily on my end? If it's not terror, I can do it for 2.0.
I don't think you can, it's something that's caused by how I detect killer/killed actors. Projectiles check for BFG, Rocket, then Plasma, so plasmatic rockets count for the RL but Plasmatic anything else counts for the plasmagun, as I can't fetch the player's weapon reliably. Since I don't use the PGun much (and from what I heard, most people don't do it much either), it can help compensate for that, imo.
∞Phantasm

Post by ∞Phantasm »

There is a bunch of script errors in GZDOOM 3.2.0, but it loads.

However, it doesn't work at all with Zandronum 3.0

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "LegenDoom_1.6.wad:DECORATE" line 233:
Invalid state parameter a_spawnparticle
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

∞Phantasm wrote:There is a bunch of script errors in GZDOOM 3.2.0, but it loads.
Yup.
∞Phantasm wrote:However, it doesn't work at all with Zandronum 3.0
Yup.
Zandronum 3.0 is unfortunately just under ZDoom 2.8.1/GZDoom 2.1.1 in terms of features.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”