Lizardcommando's Eri-Guns mod (Ver. 4)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lizardcommando

Lizardcommando's Eri-Guns mod (Ver. 4)

Post by lizardcommando »

Spoiler: old video
Spoiler: very old video
This was originally made for my own personal use, but I figured I should just release this for everyone else to enjoy.

It's supposed to be a simple single-player weapons mod for ZDoom (version 2.8.0 as of this writing). This mod should work for the latest version of GZDoom as well.

This mod uses Eriance's guns and the original Eriguns wad by Xaser as a base. It's a very simple weapons mods. There are new weapons that behave almost like the original Doom weapons. The fists, pistol, combat shotgun, machinegun and plasma gun have a secondary kick function.

You can play as a female marine or good ol' classic Doomguy.

Anyways, have fun with this mod.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/avzrevyxh ... 4.zip/file

UPDATE:
  • Added Auto-Shotgun!
  • *Added Railgun! (Thank you Neccronix for the new sprites) *Note, the primary function might end up being changed later on.
  • Removed Laser-Point Rocket Launcher.
  • Tweaked the Missile Launcher so it won't be as useless.
  • Tweaked the Combat Shotgun's bullet spread.
  • Fixed the Combat Shotgun's firing sound (you no longer hear an empty shotgun shell casing
    bouncing in the background lol)
Last edited by lizardcommando on Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Crudux Cruo

Re: Lizardcommando's Eri-Guns mod

Post by Crudux Cruo »

WOW. I haven't had this much fun with a classic weapons pack since parkour (still waiting for bugfixes so i can play it again :/)
Thanks for releasing this, This is a blast with colorful hell

edit:
chainsaw could use a little more oomf, doom64 style, otherwise the mod is perfect

edit edit:
attached is the decorate file that makes chainsaw rev/attack 2 ticks instead of 4, and it works GREAT with the mod.

triple edit:
eriance didn't make fist replacement? sort of a bummer, would be nice for berserk though to have improved fists, IF you wanted to, not like it really is a gamebreaker or anything though.

super QUAD EDIT:
woohoo i love you is SUPER annoying. for the secret sound... is there any way to get a different one? i merely disabled myself.

ultra edit:
I wouldn't mind a woohoo i dont think. on other sounds, i have no real gripes except the double barrel. you got a great single fire sound, but the default super shotgun for both barrels? and the reload sounds a little crusty. love everything else. WHEW, i think thats enough edits.
Attachments
DECORATE.txt
(21.39 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Last edited by Crudux Cruo on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

I like this mod, it's pretty simple and nice. The gun sprites aren't too flashy, but the machinegun's numbers sorta bounce off'a the gun at times. The gun sounds could use some more "punch" to them. Otherwise, great work.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Oh cool, thanks for the little chainsaw fix, Crudux. I'll add that in.

As for the numbers bouncing around for the Machinegun. I'm not entirely sure how to go about fixing that. Xaser was the one who implemented that for the original Eriguns wad. The sounds are good in my opinion. However, I may change the machinegun sound to the Terran Machinegun sound effect, that is if there is a way to get a really nice clean version of just a single shot (or at the very, very least, get a sound that is very close to it).

EDIT: That old Secret sound effect was changed to something more appropriate, haha.
Last edited by lizardcommando on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TypeSaucy

Post by TypeSaucy »

Good ol' lizardcommando coming out with something classic.I'll be trying this out in a few.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Awesome. Watching this makes me wish I had time to doom-mod. :(
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

it looks pretty cool. have you thought about replacing the Chaingunner sprites with the one carrying a machinegun, to make it fit in more with the weapon that's replaced (a punchier firing sound could be nice, too)? i'd also probably suggest giving the SSG alt-fire less horizontal spread, so it doesn't completely outclass the regular shotty in every way. other than that, it looks pretty nice.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

@Lizardcommando: would you mind linking the original somewhere in the OP and textfile? I don't mind the mod-edit but would appreciate the credit linkage.

[note to self: do the same and include a textfile in eriguns.zip (linking to Amuscaria's DA site or somewhere appropriate), which i forgot to do for v1.1a -- doh!]
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

No problem man. Sorry about the late response. I've updated the mod. The textfiles should all be updated to reflect that now.
lizardcommando

Re: Lizardcommando's Eri-Guns mod V2

Post by lizardcommando »

EDIT: Please re-download it! I uploaded the wrong version! The wadfile should be labeled as "lc-eriguns-v2"

I've made a small update to the Eriguns mod I edited. You can play as Doomguy if you want now. Also, there's a secret weapon. It's more of a test weapon, really. I'm on the fence on whether or not I want to actually keep it. It's actually a port of a weapon from a canceled Doom mod I made a while ago.

There's also a tiny mod that was thrown into the video for the hell of it, but that is its own separate thing, not a part of this mod. It was originally for the 64KB mod contest, but I have no idea what's going on with that thing.

LC's Eriguns mod:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dit5k ... uns-v2.zip

Please let me know whether or not I should add that secret weapon in to the mod or get rid of it.
Last edited by lizardcommando on Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Lizardcommando's Eri-Guns mod (V2)

Post by Captain J »

Awesome improvement. I was hella enjoyed this old mod when i was still a teenager. But i've had some gripes during playing this, tho;

- Sound effects are the major problem; Super shotgun's break sound plays very late, so it gets billowed by shell inserting sound.

- And despite some new sound effects were added, but i still can hear the vanilla sounds the mod had in the first place. But BFG one is very nice touch.

- Speaking of which, shotgun fire sound has shell casing bouncing sound, mixed together. But other weapon's sounds are not.

- Also about the graphic glitch, machine gun's ammo screen shows up like this;
Screenshot_Doom_20160914_175658.png
- And When rocket launcher's rocket explodes, it gets cut off during the explosion, unlike missile launcher's rocket.

- Chainsaw seems out of place. And yes, i know Amuscaria didn't made the new one for demon eclipse... I think, but if someone managed to make it with such style, be my guest!

- Lastly, i was expected for more weapons, but for balancing and retrospective reasons, guess not![/i]

Other than those, thank you so much for reinforcing it! :D Also if interested, i could help you with the sound effect enhancing.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Might also want to give the machinegun an underbarrel shotgun/grenade launcher or something of the sort.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Captain J wrote: - Sound effects are the major problem; Super shotgun's break sound plays very late, so it gets billowed by shell inserting sound.

Do you mean the sound gets cut off once the shell inserting sound plays? Wouldn't I be able to fix that simply by changing that to A_PlayWeaponSound instead of A_PlaySound? The timing is pretty much the same as the original Eriguns wad.

- And despite some new sound effects were added, but i still can hear the vanilla sounds the mod had in the first place. But BFG one is very nice touch.

Which sounds? I know most of the weapon sounds were changed. The enemy sounds, I never changed.

- Speaking of which, shotgun fire sound has shell casing bouncing sound, mixed together. But other weapon's sounds are not.

Ah yes, that was from one of those Modern Warfare 2 Doom mods. I thought I had edited that, but I guess somehow that mistake slipped through.

- Also about the graphic glitch, machine gun's ammo screen shows up like this;

I have no idea how to fix that. That was coded in from the original Eriguns wad.

And When rocket launcher's rocket explodes, it gets cut off during the explosion, unlike missile launcher's rocket.

Are you talking about the sprites' animations being off? I'll have to look into that.

- Chainsaw seems out of place. And yes, i know Amuscaria didn't made the new one for demon eclipse... I think, but if someone managed to make it with such style, be my guest!

I actually like the chainsaw. It was in the original Demon Eclipse resources, if I remember correctly. Probably an older resource.

- Lastly, i was expected for more weapons, but for balancing and retrospective reasons, guess not!
I was tempted to add more weapons like that autoshotgun, but I wanted to restrain myself. That's why that secret weapon isn't in the weapons list officially. Adding too many weapons has been a very bad habit of mine, haha. Just look at the weapons list for Lizard Squad! :P
Other than those, thank you so much for reinforcing it! :D Also if interested, i could help you with the sound effect enhancing.
If you want, go ahead and help with the sounds. :)
EddieMann wrote:Might also want to give the machinegun an underbarrel shotgun/grenade launcher or something of the sort.
Nah, I think the machinegun is fine as it is (unless there are more people who want it). Besides, there aren't any sprites that would be suitable for that.

Has anyone else played this mod yet and have any questions or comments? Does anyone want me to get rid of the secret weapon or add it in to the weapons list?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

lizardcommando wrote:Do you mean the sound gets cut off once the shell inserting sound plays? Wouldn't I be able to fix that simply by changing that to A_PlayWeaponSound instead of A_PlaySound? The timing is pretty much the same as the original Eriguns wad.
Yes, that. Would be much appreciated if you can fix it.
Which sounds? I know most of the weapon sounds were changed. The enemy sounds, I never changed.
Plasma rifle's fire sound, plasma rifle projectile sound, rocket launcher fire sound, rocket launcher rocket's explosion sound hasn't changed, just like in the original.
I have no idea how to fix that. That was coded in from the original Eriguns wad.
It's not possible if you know how to touch ACS script a bit;

Code: Select all

script 888 (int pos)
{
	// font initialization
	SetFont("MECHNUMS");
	SetHudSize(320,200,1);

// determine base display height (varies according to statusbar)

int baseheight = 158.1; // fullscreen
	if(GetCVar("screenblocks") == 10)
		baseheight = 142.1; // status bar
	else if (GetCVar("screenblocks") < 10)
		terminate;

// position -- 1: idle, 2: recoil, 0: off
	switch(pos)
	{
	case 1:
		HudMessage(i:CheckInventory("Clip"); 0 , '898' <- Change 888 into 898 , CR_UNTRANSLATED, 167.2 ,baseheight      , 0);
		break;
	case 2:
		HudMessage(i:CheckInventory("Clip"); 0 , '898', CR_UNTRANSLATED, 167.2 ,baseheight + 2.0, 0);
		break;
	case 0:
		HudMessage(s:""; 0, '898', 0, 0, 0, 0);
	}
}
Now it'll show fine in machine gun's ammo display.
Are you talking about the sprites' animations being off? I'll have to look into that.
Rocket launcher seems just fires vanilla rocket while Amuscaria's rocket explosion has multiple sprites, like missile launcher's rocket explosion. So it looks like got cut off during exploding.
I actually like the chainsaw. It was in the original Demon Eclipse resources, if I remember correctly. Probably an older resource.
Thanks to its blend and blurry detail, it doesn't quite fit with other newly made weapons. Well, in my eye. But if you says so.
If you want, go ahead and help with the sounds. :)
Thanks. And you'll see, you won't regret!

Also, i see your mod have been recently updated. Because now i can see the new weapon; Laser-point Rocket launcher! Also it acts like another one from your older mod Special Operations as well! But it has one flaw; When the rocket explodes while guiding it with laser, i can't refire, move or change at all. Just goes frozen.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

- The SuperShotgun opening sound being delayed can be fixed easily in audio editing software like audacity; there is a large empty gap before the sound plays, so you would simply trim this empty space out.
- The rocket Launcher explosion is simply missing some of the explosion frames, that's all.

Just a silly question - how do you acquire the Gatling gun and the Missile launcher in-game? :\

Return to “Gameplay Mods”