[EDGE-Classic] Duke it Out in DOOM (v2.9)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Duke it Out in DOOM (v2.3)

Post by CeeJay »

blackfish wrote:Is there a version of 3DGE you recommend us using this mod with? The current version of 3DGE has no sound for me and the Duke mod has the player using both Doom and Duke weapons. Trying to use the Stable version of 3DGE from their website and Duke 2.2 leads to Duke constantly talking.
In that case I recomend you use 3DGE 2.1.4 Final (https://sourceforge.net/projects/edge2/files/) and version 2.2 of the mod.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Your link takes me to Edge 2.1.0 Test 3, which paired with Duke 2.2 causes Duke to talk endlessly. Sorry for the delayed response.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

https://sourceforge.net/projects/edge2/ ... 20~Final~/

2.0.4 Final, last stable release of the engine.
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Thanks!
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Gearing up for a new release of this acclaimed mod. Stay tuned.

Hail to the king, baby.
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Duke it Out in DOOM (new limited edition)

Post by CeeJay »

New version now available for download (https://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-it-out- ... /downloads).

Also, check out the new Mod Corner review of the mod:
MaxRideWizardLord

Re: [3DGE] Duke it Out in DOOM (v2.4 + Mod Corner review)

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Something that I REALLY felt Duke Nukem is lacking is a, well, a nuke weapon. I guess that orange blaster is some type of nuclear weapon?
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

i seem to have some issues with this mod. when i try to start a game. basically when i try & pick a difficulty setting. it won't start. just acts like i hit the back button when i didn't
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

@CeeJay

I haven't played this version yet. Are you aware that in prior versions the explosive shotgun's altfire had yellow question marks for projectiles? Nvm, the issue was related to Immoral Conduct.

Edit: Dunno if it's because of the latest version's SIGIL support, but selecting a skill setting does nothing. Console output shows an attempt to load map E5M1. I can just load MAP01 from the console, but there's no way to change the skill setting :c

Edit 2: Loading SIGIL as a PWAD shows two instances of the episode Duke on Earth, both load E5M1.

Edit 3: Same thing with Doom Forever Redux, the -iwad doom2.wad command line switch does nothing.

Edit 4: Loading doom.wad and sigil.wad as PWADs allows me to access all episodes from E1 to E5. Duke on Earth still sends me to E5. At least the skill setting is kept when using the map CCmd from within a level.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

MrRumbleRoses wrote:i seem to have some issues with this mod. when i try to start a game. basically when i try & pick a difficulty setting. it won't start. just acts like i hit the back button when i didn't

I haven't a clue what is going on here, for the time being try downgrading the version of 3DGE you're using. Mod works fine with v2.1.0-RC1-93-g12c3a0307
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Using the latest EDGE dev build from DRDTeam and getting this too. Console log says it's trying to load E5M1, which doesn't exist.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I refer you to my previous post. Thank you.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Problem should now, hopefully, be fixed. Please re-download version 2.4.

When playing with Sigil (yes, I am aware of its existence), use DOOM.WAD as an IWAD and SIGIL.WAD as a PWAD (file SIGIL.WAD -iwad DOOM.WAD).
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

CeeJay wrote:
MrRumbleRoses wrote:i seem to have some issues with this mod. when i try to start a game. basically when i try & pick a difficulty setting. it won't start. just acts like i hit the back button when i didn't

I haven't a clue what is going on here, for the time being try downgrading the version of 3DGE you're using. Mod works fine with v2.1.0-RC1-93-g12c3a0307
is there a possible link to said version of 3DGE? cause i can't seem to find that version
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Re-download the mod (version 2.4), and try the latest build of 3DGE. Again. Hopefully, it should work now.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”