[EDGE-Classic] Duke it Out in DOOM (v2.9)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Duke it Out in DOOM (v2.4 + Mod Corner review)

Post by CeeJay »

Have you tried making a new clean directory with nothing but the mod, 3DGE (one that comes with the mod) and the DOOM.WAD?
Silverlambda
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Silverlambda »

yeah i tried it and doesn't work
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Can someone tell me what pickups\items do the weapons replace?
also whenever I use the mouse wheel to switch weapons it goes in the wrong order. Even when I have mouse wheel go down to switch to the next weapon in line
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Bobby wrote:Can someone tell me what pickups\items do the weapons replace?
Spoiler:
Bobby wrote:also whenever I use the mouse wheel to switch weapons it goes in the wrong order. Even when I have mouse wheel go down to switch to the next weapon in line
I believe this is due to how the engine handles the scrolling of the weapons, I think they are placed in order of their priorities rather than their corresponding number keys. And in this mod the priority scheme is very different from Doom, the shotgun for instance has one of the highest due to it being the most all-around weapon and as such most commonly used. Maybe this was a mistake, I was trying to be faithful to the original Duke Nukem 3D.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Ok. Thank you.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

*bump*

http://www.mediafire.com/file/83sefztzx ... 5.ZIP/file

New build. Loads of noticable changes. I couldn't bother uploading it to the moddb page, 'cos frankly I'm sick and tired of dealing with the people over there.

And remember, the sound pitching can be turned off in the sounds options menu. I also strongly recomend to turn off auto-aiming.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Can you give us a changelog?
Also, did you fix the weapon being switched out of order?
Additionally, whenever I die I lose weapons from the previous levels.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Bobby wrote:Can you give us a changelog?
It is included in the zip. changelog.txt
Bobby wrote:Also, did you fix the weapon being switched out of order?
Sorry, no.
Bobby wrote:Additionally, whenever I die I lose weapons from the previous levels.
Say what? That's how these games work, you die you lose your progress. That's why you save your game.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

I found a couple of bugs.
1.The freeze gun has a max amount of 199 ammo instead of 200.
2. The max akimbo pistol is 248.
3. The default max pistol ammo is also weird.

Also, is there a way to fix the weapon switch issue?

Additionally could you remove the head swinging; and make the weapons shoot at the crosshair?
CeeJay

Re: [EDGE-Classic] Duke it Out in DOOM (v2.9)

Post by CeeJay »

Version 2.9 is now available for download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-it-out- ... /downloads

Enjoy!
WaterHazard
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by WaterHazard »

This is probably the best Duke mod for Doom, congrats for the new version!

I remember a mention about an Assault Rifle/M203 getting cut in one of your changelogs, any possibility of seeing one in a future version?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I feel that the arsenal is already a little big with plenty of hitscan weapons, which is why I never implemented it. It would basically just be another chaingun cannon.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

so. i was playing with the mod on stream today with the Maps Of Chaos for Classic Doom. and i came across something kinda weird. when i got to Tower Of Babel, the level just ended abruptly for some reason. i thought it was the map mod, but i tried it without the mod, and it worked fine. then i tried normal Doom and i got the same issue in Tower Of Babel. but also the same thing happens in Dis as well

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1496833920
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I did fix the scripts for the boss levels (E1M8, MAP07, etc.) for version 3.0 as I had messed them up: https://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-it-out- ... n-doom-v30

As for that being an issue in EDGE/EDGE-Classic running just DOOM/DOOM II, that is news to me I will look into it.

EDIT: I just ran EDGE-Classic 1.1 with both DOOM and DOOM 2 (assuming that is the version you are using). E1M8 (Phobos Anomaly), E2M8 (Tower of Babel) and E3M8 (Dis) all worked fine for me. MAP07 of DOOM also worked.
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

well it seems i was using the 2.9 version of the mod, cause i had no idea that it gotten updated. so it seems it's all good now

Return to “Gameplay Mods”