Zion V08 WIP

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheCamaleonMaligno

Re: Gore Mod Well Optimized

Post by TheCamaleonMaligno »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:probably catch from the last Version of Brutal Doom or did you modify?
the base gore mod i used for Zion was ketchup v5 perhaps? i don't remember. I had to slightly modify it 'cuz the code was a bit messy and also changed some sounds plus added some custom effects
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

TheCamaleonMaligno wrote:
Doctrine Gamer wrote:probably catch from the last Version of Brutal Doom or did you modify?
the base gore mod i used for Zion was ketchup v5 perhaps? i don't remember. I had to slightly modify it 'cuz the code was a bit messy and also changed some sounds plus added some custom effects
Good job you did on this modification :thumb:
darkeagle529

Re: Zion V07 (DOOM 4 in DooM 2) WIP

Post by darkeagle529 »

Can anybody help me? I have been using both Zion v07 and v08 alpha, and I have missing some weapon mods along the way. What are the commands, if any, to get those weapon mods.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Use the "summon" cheat in the console, and type in the name of the weapon mod actor you wish to summon. You can find them in their DECORATE definitions.

Both Guncaster and Trailblazer now have this actor known as a "Cheater's Blessing", which grants players many of the inventory items not granted via "Give All". I think a similar "cheat" actor would be useful for testing/cheaters here, for the weapon mods and whatever else, instead of having to summon every single mod available, one at a time.
BerserkerNoir
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BerserkerNoir »

TheCamaleonMaligno wrote: the base gore mod i used for Zion was ketchup v5 perhaps? i don't remember. I had to slightly modify it 'cuz the code was a bit messy and also changed some sounds plus added some custom effects
Is there by chance a Standalone of the modified Ketchup used in Zion?
I really like the gore effects, the enemies look really juicy.
SAHZALPABAEL

Post by SAHZALPABAEL »

BerserkerNoir wrote:
TheCamaleonMaligno wrote: the base gore mod i used for Zion was ketchup v5 perhaps? i don't remember. I had to slightly modify it 'cuz the code was a bit messy and also changed some sounds plus added some custom effects
Is there by chance a Standalone of the modified Ketchup used in Zion?
I really like the gore effects, the enemies look really juicy.
Maybe , but itll look weird without the monsters
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Weapons are better than ever, but i'm experiencing some sound oddities, like weapon firing sounds gone/interrupted as soon as you hit the enemies. I was using gzdoom-2.5pre-259-g4b127c7 from 04.04 and the issues persist on the fresh g3.0pre-75-g21af612 build from yesterday. Same happens with melee, there's no hit sound if i hit an enemy, but there is if i attack a wall.
Zeskofp

Post by Zeskofp »

jdredalert, have you checked the Sound channels through setting? Maybe you set it to lowest.

out of curiousith, are you guys (Zion team) going to convert all these DECORATE code to ZScript?
TheCamaleonMaligno

TPhentr wrote:out of curiousith, are you guys (Zion team) going to convert all these DECORATE code to ZScript?
The mod is intended to work at least with zandronum 3.0. However i was thinking on making a separate addon for gzdoom, but not for now.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

TheCamaleonMaligno wrote:The mod is intended to work at least with zandronum 3.0.
And I thank you for that. GZDoom might have more and better features and gets updated more often than Zandronum, but I still prefer Zandronum. I think it's more user friendly with the skins folder since you don't have to change the mods in ZDL evertime you want to play another mod or another mod combination. And you just can make seperate folders for each mod combination instead throwing every mod in only one folder, if you use the cumbersome drag & drop method.
Zeskofp

Post by Zeskofp »

TheCamaleonMaligno wrote:The mod is intended to work at least with zandronum 3.0. However i was thinking on making a separate addon for gzdoom, but not for now.
I heard one of Zandro developer talking about ZScript lately, can't remember where. I think it's very possible for it to be in the future release or maybe even this Zandronum 3.0.

I hope you will still make the ZScript version separated even if Zandronum 3.0 support ZScript because...
Spoiler:
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

TPhentr wrote:jdredalert, have you checked the Sound channels through setting? Maybe you set it to lowest.
They were set to 128. Problem persists even at 256. After looking inside the weapons code i think i might have found the reason. Gonna do some tests and send some feedback.

(and most important, am i the only one who's getting this problem?)
TheCrimsonFucker

Post by TheCrimsonFucker »

TheCamaleonMaligno

bump for update
http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom4-emulati ... -v08-full/

also @Sahzalpabael, please update the first post
Shadez12

Post by Shadez12 »

Found a bug: killing a Cyberdemon while charging its laser will have its charging FX stay and continuously grow in size

Return to “Gameplay Mods”