Zion V08 WIP

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: Zion V08 WIP

Post by DoomKrakken »

Doomguy5th wrote:OK about the whole "HQ sprites not working" issue, guys, how are you loading that file with the ZION v8 Code PK3 file?

I'm using ZDL, and I have the code PK3 (only) in my loading order as first and the HQ sprites as 2nd and it works perfectly fine.

Also mod is great, but I'm getting a lot of crashes (and its usually due to having the monster prediction CVAR on and other SFX stuff, but it's just the monster prediction CVAR that's been causing the most trouble for me). A suggestion: Make the shit mods spawn more often than the really good mods. IE: make the following spawn more:
-Charge burst
-Lock on Burst (compared to remote detonate, it's not overkill)
-Heat Blast
-Gatling Rotator
-Precision Bolt
-Tactical Scope

The other weapon mod spawning chances are fine, however. I think just those should spawn a bit more often. Other than that, great job Malingo and Saph and the whole ZION Team!
You know that whether or not the mods are total garbage is totally up to personal preference, right?

I'd say have mods spawn more often in general.

Besides, Tactical Scope is better than Micro Missiles. Micro Missiles may be better from the start, but they don't get much better after being fully upgraded. However, when fully upgraded, the Tactical Scope makes it so that each bullet winds up doing more damage than the individual missiles, and at the cost of 1 bullet per shot. Not to mention, they'll pierce enemies, so you can damage/kill multiple enemies with one shot. All you need to do is be able to aim.
SoundOfDarkness

Post by SoundOfDarkness »

Doomguy5th wrote:OK about the whole "HQ sprites not working" issue, guys, how are you loading that file with the ZION v8 Code PK3 file?

I'm using ZDL, and I have the code PK3 (only) in my loading order as first and the HQ sprites as 2nd and it works perfectly fine.
Besides that I also had the glowing health & armor bar bug, now everything is fine. When using Zandronum 3 Resources should be loaded first, than Code, than HQ.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

DoomKrakken wrote:You know that whether or not the mods are total garbage is totally up to personal preference, right?
Yeah, that is very true.

Also about the multiplayer weapons: they're in there, but you have to summon them via actor (gonna assume that the code in the weapons have like a +WEAPON.CHEATNOTWEAPON flag or something like that). You have to also add the Hellshot via KEYCONF too. But do keep in mind that those weapons are probably not finished (probably? you mean they aren't).

EDIT: Guys, rule number one of ZION v8:
SoundOfDarkness wrote:Besides that I also had the glowing health & armor bar bug, now everything is fine. When using Zandronum 3 Resources should be loaded first, than Code, than HQ.
Don't do what this guy did. The resources get loaded by the code. It's in either the GAMEINFO or MAPINFO lump that declares the resources to get loaded. Which mean guys, only load the code PK3. So in essence, what you're doing is double-loading the Resources pk3.
SAHZALPABAEL

Post by SAHZALPABAEL »

LukasG2004 wrote:15 Weapons? I only see 11. Unless you add MP weapons.
oops, fixed. That was for v7

About the mods though ; ideally we want the mod drone, with its full function (menu to select and such) TheCamaleonMaligno has a nice menu system in the works but its really new stuff so it could be a while.

Then its a question of weather it works gameplay wise. would the player (you) find it cumbersome to use as it slows things down a bit and how could we implement it to the flow of Doom 2?

For now they are random drops with rare drops for the Mobile Turret and Gauss Siege mods that replace the backpack (as they are the strongest in the mod) ... cuz uh, its still fun to gamble lol

Doom 1 will have alot of errors in general, we built for D2 as its cloest to D2k16. I suggest the plutonia experiment :lol:
DoomN00b

Post by DoomN00b »

Hey, I'm planning out working on a mod inspired by Wolfenstein the New Colossus - an IDTech 6 game, just like Doom 2016.

Could you please, please explain which tools you used to get the models and animations from Doom 2016 into your mod? = ) Any particular programs you used overall, while developing this.

I've noted that there are two tools available for ripping animations from Doom 2016:

DoomExtract
http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-4/downl ... tract-v1-4

DoomResEx
http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-4/downl ... plorer-v04

Did you use any of those? There's of course not gonna' be any compatibility with Wolf:NC, but there's of course always the possibility that I could persuade the makers of the tools to create a new version, which allows WNC-resources to be ripped as well, or perhaps getting the source code and then starting a project for WNC.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

If I may level one criticism I had with the mod, (and looking to fix myself if someone can tell me how) is that the shotgunners in general spam those damned shields too much. Makes maps more difficult with them such as the second map in Doom 2 due to them requiring more ammo to deal with. And before any of you "get gud" bozos rear your head
I only want a solution involving a change to the mod to every shotgunner activating a shield, not your crap. Thanks.

As a suggestion perhaps lower the chances of them activating that shield or make the shield guy a different enemy or something?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Actually, I'd like it if all of the shotgun guys were shield guys. :)
quayside

Post by quayside »

How do you change the max ammo amounts in this mod?

Also, are there any plans to add monsters from doom 4?
SAHZALPABAEL

Post by SAHZALPABAEL »

Zion 8.0.9 is coming , it will include :
Demon improvements, such as increased mobility , avoid rockets and plasma , war cries that add extra abilities and buffs, a "rank" system making mini bosses out of regulars that can heal and summon friends, taunts , a few extra attacks here and there, shotty shields are weak to melee, hell razer should be less of a joke, you know how in 2016 DOOM theres always an imp running away somewhere keeping the lock down on ?thats here, HK likes to get in close ,gave pinkies shields, and the gore tree has been added. demons will drop gun mods , player upgrades, armor and a bit more ammo all round.

Glory kills are half as long , brought back the punch and added an option to switch between them ( brought back yes, look up the old version of this mod, we did it first b4 doom eternal) added dash thing from eternal (from doom EXP which was edited from MagSigmaX's Project MSX, here its way faster) Picking up mod boxes you already have will give you upgrades for that mod, added player upgrades for health, ammo and armor so you will start with Doom 2016 defaults and can finally reach max without cheats (RNG depending)

Made the BFG shoot faster if you hold the fire down, Damage boosted the HAR, chaingun and plasma rifle and increased the HAR fire speed a bit.

It uses the Zionv8 resources so just put it in the same folder and it'll run with them automatically. Its not a full update so there might be other issues im unaware of and just generally unpolished as its more of a gameplay update.
NOTE: only works on Gzdoom 3.7.2 and above, turning off monster prediction will break some attacks.

Thanks for playing and remember to share your feedback!
SAHZALPABAEL

Post by SAHZALPABAEL »

oh i forgot, i removed some self player damage, you'll understand after you play, and link :https://www.moddb.com/mods/doom4-emulat ... 8-0-9-code
affandede

Post by affandede »

This mod is rock solid and totally deserves a place among the likes of D4D, D4D and such.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Major Cooke »

I personally stopped using the GAMEINFO loading mechanism because it wound up confusing too many people and, furthermore, if more than one mod has that method, it'll cause some collisions at times with other mods.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”