Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
AfroDemon562

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - Version 3 Fighter Demo

Post by AfroDemon562 »

GZDoom 2.4.0 fixed the problem when GZDoom 2.3.0 had.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Re: HudMessage IDs: check out MAKE_ID from this code snippet. You can use it to generate a unique ID based on 4-letter IDs, instead of numbers. It's definitely less prone to clashing than using numbers directly.

Credit to ZZYZX

Code: Select all

#library "MAPTITLE"
#include "zcommon.acs"

function int MAKE_ID(int a, int b, int c, int d)
{
   return (a<<24)|(b<<16)|(c<<8)|d;
}

script "MAPTITLE" ENTER
{
   SetHudSize(640, 480, true);

int not43 = FixedDiv(GetScreenWidth()<<16, GetScreenHeight()<<16);
   if (not43 != 1.33333)
   {
      // scale
      not43 -= 1.33333;
      not43 /= 2;
      not43 += 1.33333;
   }
   int Xoffs = ((FixedMul(480.0, not43))-4.0)&0xFFFF0000;

SetFont("SMALLFONT");
   HudMessage(s:"THE CURRENT MAP IS"; HUDMSG_PLAIN|HUDMSG_NOTWITHFULLMAP|HUDMSG_NOTWITHOVERLAYMAP, MAKE_ID('C','M','A','P'), CR_DARKRED, Xoffs+0.2, 4.1, 0.029);
   SetFont("BIGFONT");
   HudMessage(n:PRINTNAME_LEVEL, s:" - ", n:PRINTNAME_LEVELNAME; HUDMSG_PLAIN|HUDMSG_NOTWITHFULLMAP|HUDMSG_NOTWITHOVERLAYMAP, MAKE_ID('C','M','A','T'), CR_GOLD, Xoffs+0.2, 12.1, 0.029);

Delay(1);
   restart;
}

MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Please, add support for 5:4 resolution. Please! Because as it's now, it's impossible to play.

By the way, I saw your video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeq4qZWZ67M&t=1s which has a very interesting RPG system with awesome looking leveling and Magical Skill system. Not sure if this project is dead, but I'd really love to see it's still being advanced and added lots of different and overpowered all sorts of Magic skills in there for everyone's preference and taste. :P

I really hope the necromancer gloves still remains like in V1 that is available for download, seeing that in video it was replaced with rather boring generic katana.
florida3d

Post by florida3d »

This mod is awesome. I hope the cleric and mage weapons are added soon! The fighter was always my least favourite class :P

Thanks for you work!!
Seidolon

Re: Brutal HeXen/Heretic RPG - A Final Update

Post by Seidolon »

Alright, I'm really sorry to say this, but I'm going away for a while. I want you guys to have these files because they're the most updated versions I have on my computer. I hope somebody else is willing to work on them and turn them into what I never could.

ULTIMATE HEXEN
The expanded maps of Hexen that I was working on. It modifies the maps the same way the maps of chaos modifies Doom 1 and 2. Only finished up to part of the way through the Shadow Wood hub. It needs to be run with Brutal Hexen RPG because it uses a key from it.

BRUTAL HEXEN RPG V4
Lots of new RPG elements added like a crafting system. Still only fighter class.

BRUTAL HERETIC RPG V2
Alt fires added to weapons. Some stuff fixed for multiplayer mode. Still a few enemies and projectiles that have yet to be brutalized.
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Brutal Heretic feels absolutely fantastic how it is now with V2. going to do a full run to see whats missing, but after testing the weapons they feel worlds better than the old version (and the ultfires are great!)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Fun mod! Reminds me of Wrath of Cronus, but more focused and with BD gore, pretty fun. I wish there was a way to use it in Doom maps though, Heretic and Hexen don't have many good level sets.
Gadosen

Post by Gadosen »

Seidolon wrote:Alright, I'm really sorry to say this, but I'm going away for a while. I want you guys to have these files because they're the most updated versions I have on my computer. I hope somebody else is willing to work on them and turn them into what I never could.

ULTIMATE HEXEN
The expanded maps of Hexen that I was working on. It modifies the maps the same way the maps of chaos modifies Doom 1 and 2. Only finished up to part of the way through the Shadow Wood hub. It needs to be run with Brutal Hexen RPG because it uses a key from it.

BRUTAL HEXEN RPG V4
Lots of new RPG elements added like a crafting system. Still only fighter class.

BRUTAL HERETIC RPG V2
Alt fires added to weapons. Some stuff fixed for multiplayer mode. Still a few enemies and projectiles that have yet to be brutalized.
Man... I really hope you come back and continue updating... all of your brutalized mods are so good and fun to play :D
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I didn't know about those maps...
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

I spent the entirety of last night using the code of the most recent Brutal Heretic build to learn a lot about how various decorate commands work, and will hopefully have a surprise for this thread very soon :)
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Ryuhi wrote:I spent the entirety of last night using the code of the most recent Brutal Heretic build to learn a lot about how various decorate commands work, and will hopefully have a surprise for this thread very soon :)
Learning from other woks is good sometimes,but don't help you completely remember.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

Alright, just stopping by one more time to let you all know that if I ever happen to resume progress on this project, it would be posted on my youtube channel, and possibly Moddb after that. This is a big if, however.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiep4o ... CZePbddAPg
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

I have made a gameplay video to show the weapons/alternative fires, tome of power with weapons and item flechette, i have forgotten to show the kick...

Everything seem good! You have keep the spread of the Hell Staff but with the alternative fire (when level up), we can get an awesome version of the "fire rain" (i call it fire rain but i don't really know what it is).
Tome of power can help a lot because it cost less ammo and is still the most powerful with the weapons, alternative fire help a lot too but cost more ammo, good balance.

I feel like the weapons are really powerful for the original game (smite meister) but at least, it should be really fun and playable in the hardest wads ^^ (Episode 1 of Heretic is really easy at the end because the enemies are less dangerous and there is a lot of them).

It could be fun to play some wads like Curse of D'Sparil or Treasure Chest with it! :D

What things need to be "brutalized", it's more about details right?

For me, the gameplay is all good, i will play it with some wads like Htchest after the original game! Thank you very much for this mod, Brutal Heretic is really fast and violent!
theleo_ua
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by theleo_ua »

>>It could be fun to play some wads like Curse of D'Sparil or Treasure Chest with it!

Masters/Hordes of Chaos will be best imho
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Is it compatible? I have tried with ElfGetPissed, it didnt work..... maybe because those wads have customized stuff? Or need a patch :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”