[Undertale] Determination. (Update 1.11 - LOVE Counter+Fix)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ribo Zurai

Re: [Undertale] Determination. (Update 1.01)

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Beed28 wrote:Another thing I forgot! EXP should carry over between maps. Everytime you move on, it resets to 0 EXP again.

Oh, and what about the LOVE meter? If you've put in an EXP meter, you gotta include LOVE as well!
I fixed it in the 1.01 patch, redownload it please. Also, I'm planning the LOVE meter as well.
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by phantombeta »

Ribo Zurai wrote:That's what I don't understand, It shows up perfectly in my end, but for other people it appears minuscle or going offscreen. And yeah, Sans had the same issue.
That's because the positions stay static with fullscreenOffsets on. Add forceScaled and correct the offsets to what it should be according to the image on that page.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

ForcedScaled fixes the tiny HUD but different resolutions will screw up it's position. Any help?
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Oh yes, it's time to spread some LOVE.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

hahaha fuck your LOVE i just did a pacifist run through doom 2.

almost.

sort of.

okay i guess technically it would've just been neutral. i gained a total of less than 10 EXP though so i wouldn't have even made it to LV 2. wasn't a genocide, at any rate.

monsters killed eachother but i didn't intentionally provoke infighting or anything. i don't think i even got any telefrags.
and i got 1 exp from poking the icon of sin in the brain but i think we can overlook that one because seriously. besides, the bossbrain doesn't even actually have a corpse sprite, for all we know it could still be alive. or at least as "alive" as it was before. not like these bastards stay down for long anyway...
i poked the first door in the Courtyard since that's the only way to open it. No EXP for that though so I think it's fine!! Also I just realized how much of that level is completely optional.
and... (i'm extremely ashamed of this one! (ok not really)) and! i had to stab an explosive barrel in Barrels O' Fun since it was in a place where I couldn't jump over it. apparently it was a living creature because i got like 5 exp for it?? congratu-fucking-lations you made me feel bad for destroying a barrel. (for like 2 seconds before i realized that was stupid and decided that it didn't really count) :violin:

i spent most of my time running and CACKLING DEMONICALLY laughing cheerfully. jumping and crouching were used extensively.
the chasm was obnoxious as hell, but that's not really any different from normal.
i went through the secret map, but not the super-secret map because, y'know, commander keen.
i was on HNTR difficulty because the non-easy monster placements would have made some levels virtually impossible, and as everyone knows ITYTD is for baby bones.

And now to go remorselessly slaughter hundreds of demons because they're literally made of evil, and the only mercy they deserve- or recognize- is a swift death. Or, at least, relatively swift. :chainsaw:
actually on second thought im tired as hell (no pun intended)
which is probably the only reason i even thought to do this in the first place
i guess i can just go save the world through violence tomorrow. yay.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

What's the bottom line of fixing the hud so that it actually works?

I'm talking about the fullscreen hud. For me, fullscreen hud doesn't have health, armor and tiredness meters.
Ribo Zurai

Re: [Undertale] Determination. (Update 1.1 - LOVE Counter)

Post by Ribo Zurai »

I still don't know how to fix that. Anyone there who could lend me a hand or give me a few tips, feel welcome to do so!

Also bump for update 1.1, added a LOVE counter. Still tweaking the equation for it though.
Silentdarkness12

Btw, I really wish there was some sort of projectile attack. Something. ANYTHING. Because there's plenty of maps that put enemies where you can't get to them. With this mod, this means you literally can't do anything to them, except laughing maniacally and running away.

EDIT: About the Hud issue. It wasn't that hard. Just remove the forcescale, and the fullscreen offsets, and start trial and erroring it.
Spoiler:
Here's the SBARINFO as I had it.
Spoiler:
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:
Spoiler:
Your version of the HUD is even more resolution dependent than the mod's original. It only works properly at 1440x900. (At 800x450, the resolution I use, it goes completely offscreen) It would look fine if you either set forceScaled and made the HUD offsets in 320x200/320x240 or used fullscreenOffsets with the proper style of offsets. (Or both)
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Does this look okay? It's pretty tiny but at least won't get out of the screen anymore.

EDIT: Alright, figured it out. I just needed a single line to fix it:

Code: Select all

resolution 340, 240;
My thanks for Major Cooke for this info. Will add him and silentdarkness12 to the credit list for the hand. :D

Now about the ranged attack issue. I'm not sure what to do there, hence you don't have those in Undertale. Any suggestions? I'm open for them.
Silentdarkness12

Re: [Undertale] Determination. (Update 1.11 - LOVE Counter+F

Uh.....Soul power?

Yellow Soul Power? Via the Cell Phone?

EDIT: Also, I wasn't suggesting that what I did was a fix-all. I just felt like I had to do something, or else it was never going to get fixed.

DOUBLE-EDIT: The energy pellets would actually be balanced, because they wouldn't be insta-kills. You'd still want to use the Real Knife when possible.
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Well, uh, thanks? I'm not that experienced yet with Doom modding in general. SBARINFO was kinda made entirely on trial and error.

And good idea, I didn't think about the soul power whatsoever. I will check what I can do.
Silentdarkness12

Once that's in order, the only problem I can think of, standing in the way of someone playing through an entire megawad with this mod, is the Icon of Sin.

The fancy-pants elevator trick.....demon child wouldn't be able to kill Icon of Sin, thanks to that.

In other words, another thing I see for the to-do list is a replacement MAP30.
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

See, the Yellow Soul blaster is a good idea and all, but Alphys never upgrades your phone on a genocide run.
There's always the Empty Gun, I guess??? Just shooting them with imaginary determination bullets like in Undertale itself. Or maybe the kid just clubs them over the head with it... but mind bullets are cooler! (I don't know what the attack animation for the empty gun actually even looks like; I always just stick with the frying pan OF JUSTICE!!!.)
Silentdarkness12

Empty Gun?

How Doom-ish. Interesting. I could go and see what the animation is.

That does make a bit more sense.

EDIT: The animation is a series of stars and a ring.
Last edited by Silentdarkness12 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”