Aracnocide [11/01/20] 3 New Classes!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Aracnocide [11/01/20] 3 New Classes!

Postby theroguemonk » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:08 am

why are the enemies so bad
theroguemonk
Banned User

Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Captain J » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:36 am

... Because they have over 4 legs?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby haxray » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:06 pm

Maybe im understanding it wrong from what i read of the posts previously on this thread, but it appears you are no longer updating or supporting the enemy half of this mod? If I read that wrong and you are, then i would like to leave some feed back in regards to the ammo problem.

Im fine with ammo being limited, but every time ive attempted to play this with both the monsters and weapons enabled, regardless of mapset i try to use, I always end up being stuck with no ammo due to enemies not dropping ammo pickups of any sort and it quickly stops being fun being forced to use the melee for everything, especially when the chainsaw replacements also require ammo.

If you plan to update them in the future, consider increasing the amount of ammo available in pickups when using the weapons and the enemies together?
haxray

Postby BradmanX » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:05 pm

From what I've read, it kinda seems like they might want to remake the enemies because they're old and outdated. Would be neat to see them get remade, since the concept of the enemy set is rather unique in Doom and could make for some interesting gameplay.
BradmanX

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:37 am

haxray wrote:Maybe im understanding it wrong from what i read of the posts previously on this thread, but it appears you are no longer updating or supporting the enemy half of this mod? If I read that wrong and you are, then i would like to leave some feed back in regards to the ammo problem.

Im fine with ammo being limited, but every time ive attempted to play this with both the monsters and weapons enabled, regardless of mapset i try to use, I always end up being stuck with no ammo due to enemies not dropping ammo pickups of any sort and it quickly stops being fun being forced to use the melee for everything, especially when the chainsaw replacements also require ammo.

If you plan to update them in the future, consider increasing the amount of ammo available in pickups when using the weapons and the enemies together?

No friend! I just wanted to clarify to the user that the fact the enemies are way too unbalanced and badly coded are fruition of my amateur skills back then. Since there are too many projects i need to move on with and there are many things to fix, i just left them aside. But don't worry, anytime in a remote future i may take this on again.

BradmanX wrote:From what I've read, it kinda seems like they might want to remake the enemies because they're old and outdated. Would be neat to see them get remade, since the concept of the enemy set is rather unique in Doom and could make for some interesting gameplay.

This, thank you Brad!
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby BradmanX » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:16 pm

No problem ^_^
BradmanX

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods