ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide V5 [28/10/18] Back to Zandronum!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey my guys, here's another update for this weekend!

Moved by 80's music, Coffee Coke and ANGER for testing the new stuff in Plutonia, i decided to upload this new file! The changelog is here as always, but the best things you can expect are a new weapon for Stella (pistol upgrade), stats display when a weapon is upgraded, an item that converts upgrade kits into backpacks (in case you already did all possible upgrades), more lore stuff, and Aracnocide can be played on Zandronum again! (with some warnings, but it can) =p
Spoiler:
Have fun and a nice weekend!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Someone64 wrote:EDIT: Found a bug with the mask. It seems if you pick up another powerup after picking up the mask it stops whispering.
This is because the mask sound is played on the "time stop" channel, which is kinda distinct from the others. I don't think i can solve it.
Someone64 wrote:Also, may I request that you be more generous with ammo but only for the main mod? And maybe give the standalone monster mod ammo pickups at low frequency of drops (like sometimes enemies won't drop ammo). As it stands, playing through Doom II is EXTREMELY hard usually due to lack of ammo and playing through a lot of community wads that rely on enemies to give you ammo from drops is nigh impossible. In general there should be ways more ways of obtaining ammo if you want to retain the same ammo pickup sizes as playing on the lowest difficulty for more ammo is WAY too easy.
I raised some bits in this update but i'll consider making better drops in the future.
Someone64 wrote:I'm liking the new weapon accuracy, though.
God knows how this was indeed needed.
Black Rock Shooter

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

Congrats on your release man! This build has been really fun to play.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

Just gave this mod a try, and am liking what I see so far! I just have a few questions, though...

*Will the Ammo display be remade to fit the new HUD style?
*Will Ammo and Inventory Status be moved closer to the right edge of the screen, to account for wider aspect ratios (i.e. 16:10, 16:9, 21:9)?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Black Rock Shooter wrote:Congrats on your release man! This build has been really fun to play.
Thanks buddy!! I hope you keep your ideas coming, you are part of it too. ;)
ShockwaveS08 wrote:Just gave this mod a try, and am liking what I see so far! I just have a few questions, though...

*Will the Ammo display be remade to fit the new HUD style?
*Will Ammo and Inventory Status be moved closer to the right edge of the screen, to account for wider aspect ratios (i.e. 16:10, 16:9, 21:9)?
I can give it a try, yes :)
Juste_ssgunner

Post by Juste_ssgunner »

sorry my english is bad i use a translator....
oh man.....I'm not dreaming? aracnocide is updated?
A dream come true, I expected this for some time .....
good job man is awesome is perfect ....
:D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It is, my good friend! Take your time and enjoy the mod! Giving the author some feedback after playing the mod might be helpful-
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks Juste!

Hope you like the new weapons and features! Expect more bugfixes and updates in the future. :)
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote:Thanks Juste!

Hope you like the new weapons and features! Expect more bugfixes and updates in the future. :)
Speaking of future bugfixes, your bullet impact sprites have that minor black-border problem again.
Juste_ssgunner

Post by Juste_ssgunner »

I've been playing for a while and I do not see any mistakes or similar things, everything is fine but I'll continue testing it to see what I find
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

My luck must be bad, no matter how many backpacks I find I haven't gotten a single upgrade box yet. :D
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

keep trying =p

the chance is low,really. But the upgrades are worth it =)
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote:keep trying =p

the chance is low,really. But the upgrades are worth it =)
Damn right it's low. It took until level 14 of Whispers Of Satan to get two upgrade boxes and I was lucky enough to get them in the same level and secret area, and Whispers Of Satan basically throws Backpacks at you. :shock:

I was disappointed I couldn't upgrade Marion's shotgun-pistol though, but at least the upgraded SMG and Light Pistol made up for it.

EDIT: Also, I've noticed that even if you're full on ammo, you'll still pick-up dropped enemy guns in the weapon's only mod.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Found another bug, but I think it's with the mapset. When playing Epic 2, the weapon that spawns in the third level's Super Shotgun spawner is a vanilla Super Shotgun instead of the Arachnocide/Arachnocide Weapons Pack version.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Hey GAA, just some time ago I tried your latest version of Aracnocide and decided to express your opinion on this version but this opinion applies only to the version with weapons because I did not play the full version because I suffer from arachnoophobia but to the point, describe my feelings in terms of form:

Derrick Wolfe - Very nice character and has a lot of nice weapons, but I do not like that sprite character is a Ranger from Quake I, I think it should be a completely different sprite here

Blake Klieesen - Also a nice character and probably the most favorite, has a very good arsenal and I like the changed sprite rifles and their sounds, shooting with them is just a pleasure, only when it comes to chainsaw that I think it should be fueled like a flamethrower. As for the sprite of a character, I do not understand this procedure just like in the case of a sprite, the freedoom sprite is terrible in my opinion , but I do not understand why the doomguy is inserted in this form, I think the appearance of this character should be quite different.

Marion Callahan - In my opinion, a very good character and has a quite good arsenal, I do not have any more comments about her.

Stella Gibson - An interesting character and I think you've done well that you put a woman here, it adds a bit of variety and besides, it reminds me of Ellen Ripley a bit . This is an arsenal of very cool, sprite figures alright. :wink:

General mistakes which at least I have noticed so far, one that you can pick up weapons with ammunition from enemies even though you already have the maximum amount. I hope that my opinion will be helpful :wink:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”