ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide v4.0 [LU 06/03/17] NEWS PAGE 16

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh, yes! Thank you for reporting. Unfortunately i don't know how i can get around this issue, since weapons in Aracnocide are Inventory Items and not weapon pickups, so they'll always be picked up (think on, Soulspheres, let's say).

And good thing you bumped, so i wouldn't have to. Aracnocide is on halt until i can get in the mood to work it again. I've made a big wishlist for this and i don't think i want to update so few things after a long time. So, i know it's been long, but be patient boys. Aracnocide V5 will see the light of day and you won't regret.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Quick double bump because i would like to update the actual status of the mod.

Back like, 2 months ago, i wish i could have something ready for the new year's eve, since it's the birthday release date of the mod. Obviously, i don't have anything ready ATM. But Aracnocide is going to get some more love as soon as i work some small details in Kriegsland.

So, anyway, stay tuned around! Best wishes for you guys. Happy New year!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Surprisingly, you're right! This mod IS released in Janurary 1... Very interesting, and Happy Birthday to Arachnocide!
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

GAA1992 wrote:Oh, yes! Thank you for reporting. Unfortunately i don't know how i can get around this issue, since weapons in Aracnocide are Inventory Items and not weapon pickups, so they'll always be picked up (think on, Soulspheres, let's say).
I think I know a way how you can pull this off. :D

Put A_CheckFlag (DROPPED, "EnterStateHere") into the pickup state, and if a weapon was dropped by a dead enemy, it will have said flag. The second parameter tells the game which state to jump to in this case. So you make another pickup state in which you define half the original amount of ammo. If you can't follow me, I can post some example code :3
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks for the tip! I really didn't knew i could do that. I'll try to whip something once i get back to Aracnocide. But for now i am stuck at Kriegsland, again. =p
mutator

Post by mutator »

when you are full on ammo you still pick up ammunition, will you fix this in next update?
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

mutator wrote:when you are full on ammo you still pick up ammunition, will you fix this in next update?
oh you mean the weapon pickup bug? it is fixed by me, but i don't know if gab will release it yet. for now, it's for the weapons only edition.
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

As usual, there is a vídeo made for you. This time, its about the Aracnocide Weapons Pack.

I hope you like it, because I liked this version a lot.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thank you Facínora!

Whoever is watching the video may think: "this version is so different from the original, what happened?"

I asked three friends who i know that like Aracnocide for a little beta testing. I would edit the page and show everyone what's new. But i am enjoying some national holidays at the beach and i am not even thinking about opening Slade3 until monday night. I think i deserve it, right? =p
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Oh, it updated? Cool, I better download then.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

The main link in the page isn't ready yet. Only the weapons version was uploaded by Facínora, and still, there's sone more work to do.

By monday night (or even tonight if i can), I'll update the links.
Stock-Doom

Post by Stock-Doom »

GAA1992 wrote:The main link in the page isn't ready yet. Only the weapons version was uploaded by Facínora, and still, there's sone more work to do.
By monday night (or even tonight if i can), I'll update the links.
Hey, maybe just a suggestion for the mod : Within the weapons choices, I wonder if it's possible to add a M4A1 Colt (Like in the Factonum Mod) and/or some HE grenades?

...It's just some propositions, you can do whatever you want, since it's your mod...

Oh, played the demo by the way. Many sprites and functions have improved and the new class is amazing.

My only beef with it though, is the Franchi SPAS-12. That weapons feels kinda awkward and is not very punchy, particularly with the pump animation where you can notice the difference between the hand sprites.

So, see ya.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, wish i could, but i can't fill more weapons in. The slots are more than occupied. But i'll give weapons a bit more of treatment and maybe this won't make you regret it.

So, boys, i received a great gift from TerminusEst13 today. He did a stream with the new class, Stella Gibson in the Scimitar mapset. It's almost THREE hours of pure action! he showcases not only the new weapons, but also the upgrade system. I suggest you grab some popcorn to watch it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/313092295

I don't like to promise, but i may upload a better version to make it official in the future, so thanks for following the progress so far!
EddieMann

Re: Aracnocide v4.0 [06/03/17]

Post by EddieMann »

Game could definitely use a stronger "Insectonator" feel to it, maybe some larger bugs/hitboxes to make them incrementally easier to hit?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Aracnocide v4.0 [06/03/17]

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Don't worry. Whenever i release the new enemies pack, i'll make the smaller ones spawn as mobs around/from bigger insects.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”