ARACNOCIDE 2.7 (Updated 03/Sep/23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BFG

Re: Aracnocide [Beta Again... for now!] - Weapon/Enemies Mod

Post by BFG »

love that wasp sprite, never seen it used in a Doom mod before! Will you add that spider robot from Strife? that thing usually gives people the creeps
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

VriskaSerket wrote:I'm slightly arachnophobic.
I'm sorry, but this combination of username and post is hilarious. The spider8itch herself, afraid of spiders? :P
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

VriskaSerket wrote:I'm slightly arachnophobic.
But then again I enjoy these experiences. Time to squash bugs.
And expect some upgrades! ;)

You won't have too much to fear, though.

BFG wrote:love that wasp sprite, never seen it used in a Doom mod before! Will you add that spider robot from Strife? that thing usually gives people the creeps
There are four: The powerslave one (pain elemental), the red one from powerslave(archvile), the Cyclone game
little red one(chaingunner) and the Killing time one (cacodemon). The Killing Time one is really impressive.

There are some other insects on KT (like a Cricket and a Beetle, but they would bloat the size and don't fit the theme too much).

The strife one i can add, but they won't walk on the ceiling like the original, unfortunately.

Soon i'll update some images of cancelled weapons to show some stuff i'm working on. ;)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I've just tried this version right now, it's sure fun to stomp some spiders... And bugs, that are newly added. And since it's part of my gripe, i might show you more of them;
Spoiler: Warning: These gripes may contains about bugs and spiders!
And here's the end of me gripes. Regardless, it's fun to play and found it very clever at the first time! So keep it up!
BFG

Post by BFG »

Here's sprites of a Daggerfall Scorpion and a Witchaven Spider you may find useful!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 9496225485
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

The witchwaven spider already exists on game and may spawn on Spectre places ;)

However, about these scorpions... Hot damn! They are good! They could appear in place of the mancubus or a big guy. Now, the only Scorpion that comes to my mind is the Powerslave one. It would appear with the first spiders, causing some infighting :D

Thanks a lot!!! I'll sure add those scorpies in here!

Now, Cap, thanks a lot! I'll squash those bugs and add some new buddies to the game. I already thought on making separate classes, i'm even thinking on making some spiders that don't want trouble, like real small spiders. I just need some time. Oh, and, there's a new sprite i uploaded on Spriting Carnival. If you guys could help me out answering me if it looks like a Colt 1911, i'll switch the Ranger Glock for this Colt (and add an akimbo as well!) to avoid repeating another Lowtech Remake weapon!

Thanks all you guys. Your feedback crack me up to keep working on it!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

After playing this again i have to say could u remove the stom troopers with another insect cause they really don't fit in with this
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

New update fellas!

Changelog 30/08

- Removed both rifles and swapped the glock for a 9mm colt for many personal reasons.
- Corrected almost all weapon bugs listed by Captain J on page 4, except for the Weapon upgrade boxes. Monster bugs still on progress.
- PDW is free for both classes now.
- Added three new enemies: The Death widow from the old mod, and both scorpions from Daggerfall, thanks a lot to BFG!
- Inner organization a bit.
- Tweaked some states on enemies.
- Changed some sounds for weapons.
- Many new things i forgot. I promise the next changelogs will cover all the details. I'm just kinda busy now.

Get it on first page or here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dxttc ... +29-08.pk3
YukesVonFaust

Re: Aracnocide [Update 30/08] - Weapon/Enemies Mod

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Loved this mod so far! keep it up!
btw, Are you going to plan an upgrade to the Gatling Gun?
like Stationary or something?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, Captain J spotted a bug last version of a "GGUpgrader Spawner" not appearing. That was the Gatling Gun upgrade.

However, not only it was too much overkill, but i had to nerf the first as well. and i was lacking reload animations for the upgraded one. So i thought on taking it out. I had upgrades for the bow and the Nitrogen Cannon that got scraped out too. Sometimes we want to see some expanded arsenal to have fun, but it gets annoying quickly :p

Oh yeah, to keep the news updated: Lex Safonov (of the PSX Powerslave project) gave me the green light and i can use his powerslave scorpion! Not only that, i added the Shadow Warrior wasp as well. I'm still thinking about adding the strife stalker and removing the Stormtrooper.

Expect some new updates soon!
armymen12002003
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by armymen12002003 »

I would get the strife stalker and replace the stormtrooper
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Good idea, replacing stormtrooper into stalker is pretty reasonable idea. And make it so then!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Neeeat. Not only the stalker, but some star guests from Strife as well, to give it some punch, huh.

There's that monster that looks like a giant DJ with a UFO with spider legs as well.

Sorry Strife fans, i just don't play it.

Anyway, i'm sitting here thinking and thinking and thinking. What you guys think about a Dog buddy that helps you? Like the MBFHelperdog Actor. I dunno, this just passed thru. It's a reliable partner and, although as dumb as BD marine, he won't blow up your head or do anything shitty. I need some sprite permissions for a stance i want to use, though.

And, not only that, i'm thinking of releasing something called "Aracnocide Redux". Same game, just following the vanilla weapon patterns and using some more sprites instead of voxels (or, even the opposite). Doomguy hands or not, although i am a Caleb enthusiast.

I confess you guys i'm not in the mood of working Aracnocide this friday. I'm sleeping too late recently due to modding and waking up to work kinda tired. Saturday, if my plans come to reality, i'll be away from the monitor as well; so, i think i'll tweak Aracnocide only sunday. I seriously hope you all understand.

I really got happy seeing all your positive comments in here. Doing it for free and being praised is not bad as many guys say. I never really had good talents, and seeing you guys happy for something new here, or Lowtech, or even Spriting Carnival gets me up really good for the day. Hell, i sometimes sneak out to the bathroom during work to turn the internet on and see if anybody has sent me something, even more when i release new updates.

Thanks everybody, and sorry for the melodrama.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote: There's that monster that looks like a giant DJ with a UFO with spider legs as well.
actually, that giant DJ with a UFO is named, The Programmer.
also, it's about time that i released this.
Time to squash some!
Credits inside the pk3.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

GAA1992 wrote:Anyway, i'm sitting here thinking and thinking and thinking. What you guys think about a Dog buddy that helps you? Like the MBFHelperdog Actor. I dunno, this just passed thru. It's a reliable partner and, although as dumb as BD marine, he won't blow up your head or do anything shitty. I need some sprite permissions for a stance i want to use, though.
Sounds like a good idea. If he teleports right behind you when he's lost, though!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”