[V2] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
loismustdie555

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by loismustdie555 »

Spartan of Approval wrote:Is there an ETA on next update for Brutal Guncaster?
No ETA, but I'll work on it soon. Since it seems to be a repeatable bug.
Kalvash

Post by Kalvash »

The game just crashed on me. I got up to map15 in Doom2 and was screwing around with the Chill Touch. I froze a couple and shattered them by shooting them with the revolver. When I walked over the spot they died a message would come up that said something like "Have fun picking up things with unattached strings". I kept doing it to other enemies and it would crash. I saved the crash logs if you need them.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Kalvash wrote:The game just crashed on me. I got up to map15 in Doom2 and was screwing around with the Chill Touch. I froze a couple and shattered them by shooting them with the revolver. When I walked over the spot they died a message would come up that said something like "Have fun picking up things with unattached strings". I kept doing it to other enemies and it would crash. I saved the crash logs if you need them.
That's very odd. Must be some of Pillowblaster's code or some native engine code? I never added that in there. Send them to me but also send them to Pillow maybe? I'm not the best coder out there but he'd likely know more about it than me.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

That's odd... Chillgrasp doesn't have enemies drop items with no pickup messages...

I highly doubt this is a problem with Guncaster itself.
Anony

Post by Anony »

When I cast skyfist spell, the monsters fly but the fists doesnt appear
toshiaki2115

Post by toshiaki2115 »

Save and Load ,Shotgun Shell system broken
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

I'm now working on merging in GC 2.8. And I will attempt to fix the shotgun bug. Stay tuned!
EDIT: Finished! Report any bugs you find! I think the update fixed the shell bug. If it didn't I'll take another look!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

loismustdie555 wrote:I'm now working on merging in GC 2.8. And I will attempt to fix the shotgun bug. Stay tuned!
EDIT: Finished! Report any bugs you find! I think the update fixed the shell bug. If it didn't I'll take another look!
Out of curiosity, do I load both pk3 files to use the mod?
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

Gideon020 wrote:
loismustdie555 wrote:I'm now working on merging in GC 2.8. And I will attempt to fix the shotgun bug. Stay tuned!
Out of curiosity, do I load both pk3 files to use the mod?
Yes, load the one with A_ first then the one with B_ second.
TKBold

Re: [NEW UPDATE!][V2.8] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by TKBold »

This mod is great stuff! But for some reason if I boot an Imp in the chest, it basically becomes immune to gunfire. I have to kick it to death or blow it up to kill it.
loismustdie555

Post by loismustdie555 »

TKBold wrote:This mod is great stuff! But for some reason if I boot an Imp in the chest, it basically becomes immune to gunfire. I have to kick it to death or blow it up to kill it.
I'll have to look into that later, it's almost midnight here, gonna head to bed.
Please do keep testing!
Morter

Post by Morter »

Yeah it seems after an imp gets knocked back (by kick or explosion), it cannot be shot down.

Also ran into another bug: Shooting a chaingun guy with a chaingun, while loadsamoney mode is on, makes him bleed/drop multiple chainguns.
wpninja

Post by wpninja »

Also a possible huge bug to look out for is Hellknight and spidermastermind interactions causing crashes. Not sure if its prevalent in this mod but in the Latest Project Brutality its a huge problem.
toshiaki2115

Post by toshiaki2115 »

bullet shot is not overkill.(Guncaster override monster death)
dose not Cuirty bonus.
Martinoz
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Martinoz »

After getting killed, my autoshotty is bugged - I can only use maximum to the 8 shells shown in HUD, while in semiautomatic mode it depletes ammo without any problems, but HUD doesn't show these shells. The bug is really annoying and critical, all the save games are corrupted after death. I don't think that the shell bug has been fixed - after the death I can only use to the maximum 8 shells in auto mode, while HUD is broken.

Another one - problems with BFG sprite, it seems to be swapping with a vanilla BFG during the shooting.

Player gets hurt randomly on various areas - for example, gets hurt on water or when going through teleporters.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”