[V2] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby Grigori » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:21 pm

While combining both mods you replaced some of the blood textures and decals form Brutal Doom (Project Butality) with blood textures and decals from Guncaster. Guncaster uses older blood textures and decals from Ketchup Gore Mod, which IMO are worse than what Brutal Doom and other variations of it are using right now. Newer ones have lower resolution and no transparent pixels, which fixes problem with blood being visible through sprites and makes blood blend better with vanilla textures.
Last edited by Grigori on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Grigori
 
Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Discord: Agitatio#4183

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby loismustdie555 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:25 pm

Grigori wrote:While combining both mods you replaced some of the blood textures and decals form Brutal Doom (Project Butality) with blood textures and decals from Guncaster. Guncaster uses older blood textures and decals from Ketchup Gore Mod, which IMO are worse than what Brutal Doom and other variations of it are using right now. Newer ones have lower resolution and no transparent pixels, which fixes problem with blood being visible through sprites and makes blood blend better with vanilla textures.


I shall fix that in the next update, currently been busy dealing with life. But shouldn't be too long.
loismustdie555
Pro at getting ahead of myself
 
Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby aspookyheretic » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:32 pm

loismustdie555 wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:Out of curiosity, will there be potential to add/brutalize the monsters from the Guncaster Monster Pack if permission was received?


Maybe, I'm not the best at spriting. That was mainly Kain's (not sure what his username is) job. I'm more of a coder. And Kain too is busy these days.



Hehe, lost info to my old account but was too lazy to regain the stuff. Also ye, I am somewhat busy with other stuff as well as spriting a lot of stuff for PB recently but if I can finish up some more stuff for it, I could get time to help out with the brutalizing things, only if you want though.
aspookyheretic
 
Joined: 03 Jan 2016

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby DoomKrakken » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:37 am

Dude.......... when you said you were working on this, I'm guessing you forgot to show me this thing?

Not offended, but I would have liked to see this sooner...

I'll need to try this out. :)
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Avidly Anonymous Suggester. Hardcore Catholic Gamer. Problem? PM me.
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby loismustdie555 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:32 am

DoomKrakken wrote:Dude.......... when you said you were working on this, I'm guessing you forgot to show me this thing?

Not offended, but I would have liked to see this sooner...

I'll need to try this out. :)


Totally forgot about helping out with your project. My bad! But yeah it's pretty fun.
loismustdie555
Pro at getting ahead of myself
 
Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby DoomKrakken » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:23 pm

No, no, it's totally fine! :)

What were the changes you made to Guncaster itself? I'd think it'd be more efficient to make a compatibility patch for it...

If you tell me, I could probably get started working on one...
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Avidly Anonymous Suggester. Hardcore Catholic Gamer. Problem? PM me.
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby loismustdie555 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:37 pm

DoomKrakken wrote:No, no, it's totally fine! :)

What were the changes you made to Guncaster itself? I'd think it'd be more efficient to make a compatibility patch for it...

If you tell me, I could probably get started working on one...


I don't even remember entirely. I do believe 90% of it was changing damage types and then I had to add the Midas and Gumpop deaths to each monster.
loismustdie555
Pro at getting ahead of myself
 
Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby DoomKrakken » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:27 pm

Yeah... then we can just cut down on 99% of the code for Guncaster.

By the way, unless the weapon is firing hitscan attacks, you should put damagetypes on the projectile itself. Also, rather than changing the damagetypes of weapons to make them compatible with Brutal Doom, you should really consider DeathTypes. That way, projectiles can still have their damagetype, but do different death animations. For instance... the Cauterizer fires projectiles dealing "Lightning" damage. Rather than changing the damagetype to "Plasma" to do those "charred to a crisp" death animations, you can add "DeathType Plasma" to the projectile, so that it does "Lightning" damage, while making monsters do a "Plasma" death.

I want in on this project... :D
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Avidly Anonymous Suggester. Hardcore Catholic Gamer. Problem? PM me.
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby loismustdie555 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:34 pm

DoomKrakken wrote:Yeah... then we can just cut down on 99% of the code for Guncaster.

By the way, unless the weapon is firing hitscan attacks, you should put damagetypes on the projectile itself. Also, rather than changing the damagetypes of weapons to make them compatible with Brutal Doom, you should really consider DeathTypes. That way, projectiles can still have their damagetype, but do different death animations. For instance... the Cauterizer fires projectiles dealing "Lightning" damage. Rather than changing the damagetype to "Plasma" to do those "charred to a crisp" death animations, you can add "DeathType Plasma" to the projectile, so that it does "Lightning" damage, while making monsters do a "Plasma" death.

I want in on this project... :D


Go ahead and work on it and PM me your builds. I'll post them and post you in credits. I don't have time to work on this since I'm actively working on The Cataclysm with a bunch of other members.
loismustdie555
Pro at getting ahead of myself
 
Joined: 25 Sep 2014
Location: Renton, Washington, USA

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby Rheap » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:38 pm

I have a trouble when i try to play it. I try with the last build of GZDoom and previous build of GZDoom with ZDL but same error. What i can do?

Code: Select allExpand view
Script error, "555_BrutalGuncaster_A_ProjectBrutality.pk3:animdefs" line 1024:
Unknown texture BLODRIP2
User avatar
Rheap
Rhoken
 
Joined: 04 Mar 2016

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby DoomKrakken » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:57 pm

Is this error preventing you from playing?
User avatar
DoomKrakken
Avidly Anonymous Suggester. Hardcore Catholic Gamer. Problem? PM me.
 
Joined: 19 Oct 2014
Location: Plahnit Urff
Discord: DoomKrakken#2719

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby Rheap » Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:50 am

I want to report a bug. Randomly or when i pickup Ironblast, the shell go to 8 and i can't pickup shotgun shells. It happens like 3 times.
User avatar
Rheap
Rhoken
 
Joined: 04 Mar 2016

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby Spartan of Approval » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:00 pm

I've also come across the shotgun ammo glitch.

I'm pretty sure it it happens as soon as you pick up the Ironblast Shotgun. Cause it happened to me almost immediately after picking up the weapon.
Spartan of Approval
 
Joined: 26 Mar 2016

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby Endless123 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:40 pm

Just something i noticed. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's intentional but i noticed that whenever i cast a fire spell too close to an enemy or close to a door or wall the spell also hurt me. If it's intentioanal it's ok but if it wasn't intended to be that way that's something i thought you should be informed about.

You might want to reduce the number of warnings (red and yellow ones) when the mod is launched . Why? Because it's easier to determine what is the problem if an error preventing the execution of the mod happens while using a custom wad or map pack. When there is a tone of warnings and error messages at launch it can be hard to see if it's the mod that is broken or the wad used with it that causes the problem.

Lastly, and i'm sure you already working on it, is the size of the file. It's big and having to launch 2 separate files to run the mod can be a problem for some. Merging the 2 files into 1 and a shorter name for the file would simplify the launch of the mod.

Other that that i'd say it's a solid merge of PB and Guncaster.

Keep up the good work :)
Endless123
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2013

Re: [Update][V0.3] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Postby Spartan of Approval » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:12 pm

Is there an ETA on next update for Brutal Guncaster?
Spartan of Approval
 
Joined: 26 Mar 2016

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DotBot, faslrn, TweetMeme [Bot], wildweasel and 8 guests