[V2] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ArkVogel

Re: [V2] 555 Project [Brutality] Guncaster

Post by ArkVogel »

Soooo... I'm trying to modify the difficulty levels in Slade so that the monsters are less bullet-sponge and more blast-you-to-smithereens.
Does Guncaster decrease the player damage or increase monster health with higher difficulties? Cause I'm pretty damn lost on which parameters to modify.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Guncaster has natural damage factors in the player pawn's actor definition. Cygnis is more resistant to damage because of his dragon scales, so it wouldn't make sense for you to modify the bullets to deal that much more damage.

If you want to modify damage factors, I'd suggest looking into modifying MAPINFO.

Not sure you'll want to continue doing this at the moment, considering all of this will be scrapped and overhauled when the next version of Guncaster comes out.
ArkVogel

Post by ArkVogel »

Thanks! Modding ZMAPINFO was actually all I needed. I've never done any real modding before so I didn't know about it. The deactivated ADHD mode was pretty fun in a Russian Overkill kinda way :mrgreen:
WolfMann

Post by WolfMann »

I'm still here with my blood problem. Blood appears on the walls and the floor, but there are no gibs nor any blood puffs. I tried changing the settings, turning it off and on again, redownloading everything. Nothing works ;-;
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Wait.

For.

The.

Overhaul.

You will have to wait. I'm busy with a mod of my own, right now. After that, I'm gonna be working on a patch that should make Guncaster compatible with other mods without having to change those other mods from the inside out.
barosans

Post by barosans »

now that the GunCaster 3.0 is out, he will soon have a patch to make compatible another monster mod ? (like colorefull hell or other)
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Check out "Guncaster Vindicated". It appears to do what this project was attempting to do.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”