Page 34 of 34

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 am
by Jekyll Grim Payne
heidi2 wrote:Now I only have one critique left: when using beautiful monsters (I think thats the relevant option) and you get for example the green blood with Hell Knights, the splatter is still red
I couldn't reproduce that, for me the decals inherit their blood color correctly. Perhaps you're using another mod that overrides the hell knight or their blood.
heidi2 wrote:I've noticed a bug:

with the replaced BFALL texture, if it is used as translucent (GZDoom format) on a double sided linedef, it will run down and then be gone (instead of being constantly replaced from top). because of my lack of language skills heres a video https://youtu.be/Cl7pBMMsvGI I can provide wad too if necessary
This is very interesting! I'll have to check if this can be fixed in the shader. Thanks.

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:51 am
by Jekyll Grim Payne
Kzer-Za wrote:Another thing I wanted to ask about is BD_BaronOfHell. It has separate Missile and Melee states and these states have a different period between the last moment when he calls A_FaceTarget and the attack.

It's a small discrepancy, but still. Is it intentional?
Finally got to look at this. In vanilla, the delay before performing an attack is 16 tics, both for melee and ranged (see here). This is the same in my code:

Code: Select all

Melee:
	#### a 4 A_FaceTarget; // 4 tics
	#### bcde 3; // 12 tics
	// 16 tics in total
	#### f 8 A_BruisAttack;
	Goto See;

Missile:
	#### A 0 A_FaceTarget;
	#### AABB 2; // 8 tics
	#### A 0 A_FaceTarget;
	#### CCDD 2; // 8 tics
	// 16 tics in total
	#### A 0 A_BruisAttack;
	#### EEFF 2;
	Goto See;
The only oversight on my part was that after the first 4 tics in Melee, it doesn't call A_FaceTarget in the next 12 tics. I'll fix that but it doesn't really let the player dodge the attack at all, since it'll switch to missile if they even manage to circle around during those tics.

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:06 pm
by XASSASSINX
Wow, i just remembered about this mod today after years and i had a blast. But there is a minor bug here, but i'm not sure if this is known: when you play with the modern weapon setup and you hit a rifle wielding chaingun guy, his sprite will flicker to the pain frame of the chaingunner. It is a very minor bug, but it bugs me out.

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:00 pm
by heidi2
I've noticed another issue: when shooting multiple bullets into the water each one generates a splash sound and additively, they generate a much louder (too loud) splash sound. This happens everytime on a kill shot when several bullets go into the water (player aims slighty downwards). Pretty annoying.

e: this also applies to the blood drops that fall into the water (classic sprites)

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:55 am
by heidi2
Another bug: bullet puffs on walls have an unnaturally long life time.

e: on some textures only

BIGDOOR7: long lifetime
TANROCK3: no puffs at all
STONE2: normal puffs

is this intended? I think it's odd

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:24 am
by Jekyll Grim Payne
heidi2 wrote:I've noticed another issue: when shooting multiple bullets into the water each one generates a splash sound and additively, they generate a much louder (too loud) splash sound. This happens everytime on a kill shot when several bullets go into the water (player aims slighty downwards). Pretty annoying.

e: this also applies to the blood drops that fall into the water (classic sprites)
I may be able to alleviate this with limit in SNDINFO, thanks.
heidi2 wrote:Another bug: bullet puffs on walls have an unnaturally long life time.
There are several types of puffs. Wooden surfaces produce long, lasting puffs, akin to wood dust/particles. I may tweak them a bit eventually, though.

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:36 pm
by heidi2
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:I may be able to alleviate this with limit in SNDINFO, thanks.
That would be awesome because it really does have a negative impact (especially the vanilla blood drops falling onto water)

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:47 am
by kalensar
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:
heidi2 wrote:I've noticed another issue: when shooting multiple bullets into the water each one generates a splash sound and additively, they generate a much louder (too loud) splash sound. This happens everytime on a kill shot when several bullets go into the water (player aims slighty downwards). Pretty annoying.

e: this also applies to the blood drops that fall into the water (classic sprites)
I may be able to alleviate this with limit in SNDINFO, thanks.
heidi2 wrote:Another bug: bullet puffs on walls have an unnaturally long life time.
There are several types of puffs. Wooden surfaces produce long, lasting puffs, akin to wood dust/particles. I may tweak them a bit eventually, though.
I just tested All of those bug reports and came up with NOTHING even fitting the bug description listed.

Tested GZD 4.7.1 in OpenGL ES. Gibs and Decals all set to 100, aka minimum. I didnt even so much as get the splash reverb thing from blood on the water.

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 pm
by sibullski
Hello so this isn't a bug just an observation. When enhanced gibs is turned off. Both zombie men still have their headshot animation with the difference being that the head vanishes when shot. It looks odd, also the cacodemon has a similar issue. The death animation with gibbing turned on shows the eyeball coming out, but with gibbing turned off the eye vanishes. Maybe a fix could happen for this by getting rid of those animations when enhanced gibs are switched off or keep the full animation with enhanced gibs turned on.

Anyway I play this mod with every megawad and love it to death. Just thought I'd give my opinion on how to make a great mod a little better.

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Thu May 26, 2022 12:20 pm
by Jekyll Grim Payne
sibullski wrote:Hello so this isn't a bug just an observation. When enhanced gibs is turned off. Both zombie men still have their headshot animation with the difference being that the head vanishes when shot. It looks odd, also the cacodemon has a similar issue. The death animation with gibbing turned on shows the eyeball coming out, but with gibbing turned off the eye vanishes. Maybe a fix could happen for this by getting rid of those animations when enhanced gibs are switched off or keep the full animation with enhanced gibs turned on.

Anyway I play this mod with every megawad and love it to death. Just thought I'd give my opinion on how to make a great mod a little better.
Yes, that is a fair point; this logic does get applied to some animations, just not very consistently. When/if I get around updating the mod, I'll tweak this.
Glad you're enjoying it!

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:35 am
by D4N5T3P
Hi! I've been playing this lately and I love it a lot. Although I've noticed a weird thing, not sure if that's intentional: there's no water splashes but there is a sound so it feels weird, and unfortunately the splashes mod viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35547 is not compatible with your mod as well. So I was wondering, is there a way to fix that?

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Tue May 31, 2022 4:51 am
by Jekyll Grim Payne
D4N5T3P wrote:Hi! I've been playing this lately and I love it a lot. Although I've noticed a weird thing, not sure if that's intentional: there's no water splashes but there is a sound so it feels weird, and unfortunately the splashes mod viewtopic.php?f=37&t=35547 is not compatible with your mod as well. So I was wondering, is there a way to fix that?
There are splashes. They work with vanilla textures or textures defined via the TERRAIN lump. Perhaps you're playing with a mod that has its own water textures without a TERRAIN definition.
Video: https://streamable.com/cwujet

Re: Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Posted: Tue May 31, 2022 1:37 pm
by D4N5T3P
I solved the issue! The problem was that I had some old settings from a previous version in my cfg file, I deleted them and now I see the splashes
EDIT: Oh wait, I think I found what my problem actually was and it looks like a bug. If I have bullet tracers off splashes don't appear, there's only the sound. But when I turn them back on it works as intended. I tested it on stable gzdoom with no other mods installed