Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby Captain J » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:59 pm

Hmm... I'm sure this mod was at least fine, but i think GZDoom update did something funny to the mod.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby Jekyll Grim Payne » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:22 am

Hey people, I created a discord server for testing the pre-7 version, so feel free to join if you can spare some time to help: https://discord.gg/MJGdYjk
User avatar
Jekyll Grim Payne
 
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Discord: Agent_Ash#4401
Github ID: jekyllgrim
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build c0d410c (January 16, 2020)

Postby Syrion » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:27 pm

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:
sdaa wrote:If run with BTSX:
Code: Select allExpand view
Script error, "Beautiful-Doom.zip:animdefs.txt" line 32:
Unknown texture BLOOD01


This is intentional and shouldn't prevent the game from running.

Sorry if I'm doing anything wrong, but I just tried playing BTSX with BD pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020) and GZDoom 4.5pre70 (I also tried BD 20200116 and GZDoom 4.5pre79 as well as 4.4.2) and get the same error message as sdaa got in January, but GZDoom fails to start ("Execution could not continue."). Is there anything I can do to make it run? So far I'm just using the BD version I used before (6.3.2) which works.
Syrion
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2018

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby DrR0Ck » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi there - I've been using Beautiful Doom for a few months now, and I'm generally very happy with it. One note I have is that at least since the Pre-7 development release 12.06.2020, and using newer download versions from Github, the Safe Actor Replacement setting keeps resetting to DeHacked only, when I change it to DeHacked and Sprites. Not sure this is on your radar but thought I would mention it.

One question/request: Would you consider an option in the Beautiful Doom settings (non-default) to suppress the Beautiful Doom Menu? I.e. the main menu, and not the options menus. I'm using BD with a variety of pwads, and most of them have their own graphics and menu fonts that I would like to see when loading the maps up.

Anyway, thanks for the ongoing work on the mod; it's very much appreciated.
DrR0Ck
 
Joined: 31 May 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby ABalen » Tue Sep 08, 2020 8:06 am

Congratulations on the mod, it's a perfect mix of vanilla and brutal! My favorite weapon sets is to play with "Enhanced Gun", it's really good! If I could make some suggestions for the "Enhanced Gun":
You could add some secondary attack to the chainsaw again, previously there was the kick that worked with the berserk, this attack was very useful!
Another thing I realized was that the secondary railgun attack of the plasma rifle is much simpler in the last version, in this current version of moddb (pre-7 dev build c0d410c) the graph is much more beautiful.
And finally, I tried the latest version of smoothdoom and the developers add a rifle to the game, and I have to say that it would be an excellent add to the "Enhanced Gun" arsenal, is extremely vanilla and without having to replace the chaingun as in "Modern Guns"!
Congratulations again for the mod!
ABalen
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2019

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build c0d410c (January 16, 2020)

Postby Jekyll Grim Payne » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:27 am

Syrion wrote:Sorry if I'm doing anything wrong, but I just tried playing BTSX with BD pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020) and GZDoom 4.5pre70 (I also tried BD 20200116 and GZDoom 4.5pre79 as well as 4.4.2) and get the same error message as sdaa got in January, but GZDoom fails to start ("Execution could not continue."). Is there anything I can do to make it run? So far I'm just using the BD version I used before (6.3.2) which works.


As I said in the quote, this error can't prevent GZDoom from running, it's not a red error. If GZDoom doesn't run for you, this isn't the reason, it's something else. Also, BTSX runs without issues with Beautiful Doom for me (I'm using g4.5pre-137 right now), I just checked. Try a newer build of the mod, I guess.

DrR0Ck wrote:One question/request: Would you consider an option in the Beautiful Doom settings (non-default) to suppress the Beautiful Doom Menu? I.e. the main menu, and not the options menus. I'm using BD with a variety of pwads, and most of them have their own graphics and menu fonts that I would like to see when loading the maps up.


It's not really possible; to my knowledge GZDoom can't load multiple main menus and choose from them. Try loading your pwads last (after Beautiful Doom in the load order), I believe their main menus will take precedence.
User avatar
Jekyll Grim Payne
 
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Discord: Agent_Ash#4401
Github ID: jekyllgrim
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build c0d410c (January 16, 2020)

Postby DrR0Ck » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:45 am

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:It's not really possible; to my knowledge GZDoom can't load multiple main menus and choose from them. Try loading your pwads last (after Beautiful Doom in the load order), I believe their main menus will take precedence.


I'm already running Beautiful Doom first in my load order. No luck. Appreciate the response nonetheless.
DrR0Ck
 
Joined: 31 May 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build c0d410c (January 16, 2020)

Postby Jekyll Grim Payne » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:52 am

DrR0Ck wrote:
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:It's not really possible; to my knowledge GZDoom can't load multiple main menus and choose from them. Try loading your pwads last (after Beautiful Doom in the load order), I believe their main menus will take precedence.


I'm already running Beautiful Doom first in my load order. No luck. Appreciate the response nonetheless.


I can say for sure that if a mod has its own MENUDEF definition, loading it after will actually override BDoom's main menu. But if there's no MENUDEF... Could you give me a specific example of a mod/mappack where the menu gets overridden?
User avatar
Jekyll Grim Payne
 
Joined: 21 Jul 2008
Discord: Agent_Ash#4401
Github ID: jekyllgrim
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build c0d410c (January 16, 2020)

Postby DrR0Ck » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 am

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:I can say for sure that if a mod has its own MENUDEF definition, loading it after will actually override BDoom's main menu. But if there's no MENUDEF... Could you give me a specific example of a mod/mappack where the menu gets overridden?


It's pretty much everything. Some ones I have played recently are Back to Saturn X E2, Eviternity, Akeldama, Valiant.

Alternatively, could I remove the Main Menu reasonably easily from BD without breaking anything and maintaining the BD options? EDIT - I removed the first section (main menu) of the BD menudef file and the cursor definitions from the BD animdefs file and it appears I have the issue sorted; wad menus are displaying their own menus and I still have access to the BD settings. Haven't played around too much beyond taking a quick look, but I think this about covers it. If you're aware of any potential repercussions to BD from doing this, feel free to let me know. Otherwise, no need to spend additional time on this.

Thanks!
DrR0Ck
 
Joined: 31 May 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby Solus » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:02 am

Hi!
It seems that Beautiful DooM doesn't work anymore with GZDoom. I'm using the build x64-g4.5pre-308-g63035d503.
This is what sows on the console:

E1M1 - Hangar

Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE7"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE7"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE8"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE8"
Attempt to spawn an instance of abstract actor class BD_BaseFlare
VM execution aborted: tried to write to address zero.
Called from BD_ExplosiveBarrel.Tick at BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:z_bdoom/o_misc.zc, line 79

This is the red errors on loading GZDoom:

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 16:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'DBRAIN1'

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 21:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'SFALL1'

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 27:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'BFALL1'
User avatar
Solus
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2017

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby DrR0Ck » Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Solus wrote:Hi!
It seems that Beautiful DooM doesn't work anymore with GZDoom. I'm using the build x64-g4.5pre-308-g63035d503.
This is what sows on the console:

E1M1 - Hangar

Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE7"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE7"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE8"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE8"
Attempt to spawn an instance of abstract actor class BD_BaseFlare
VM execution aborted: tried to write to address zero.
Called from BD_ExplosiveBarrel.Tick at BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:z_bdoom/o_misc.zc, line 79

This is the red errors on loading GZDoom:

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 16:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'DBRAIN1'

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 21:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'SFALL1'

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 27:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'BFALL1'


You are running the last release - Try downloading the current state from Github: https://github.com/jekyllgrim/Beautiful-Doom
Hit the green "Code" button > download zip, and rename .zip to .pk3. Should work in current builds of GZDoom. The only wrinkle is if you are using existing savegames saved with the older build, they may not be able to load properly with the current build.
DrR0Ck
 
Joined: 31 May 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby Linz » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:32 pm

What a beautiful Doom

*chew*
Linz
 
Joined: 29 Jun 2020

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby Solus » Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:53 am

DrR0Ck wrote:
Solus wrote:Hi!
It seems that Beautiful DooM doesn't work anymore with GZDoom. I'm using the build x64-g4.5pre-308-g63035d503.
This is what sows on the console:

E1M1 - Hangar

Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE7"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE7"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE8"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE8"
Attempt to spawn an instance of abstract actor class BD_BaseFlare
VM execution aborted: tried to write to address zero.
Called from BD_ExplosiveBarrel.Tick at BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:z_bdoom/o_misc.zc, line 79

This is the red errors on loading GZDoom:

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 16:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'DBRAIN1'

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 21:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'SFALL1'

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 27:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'BFALL1'


You are running the last release - Try downloading the current state from Github: https://github.com/jekyllgrim/Beautiful-Doom
Hit the green "Code" button > download zip, and rename .zip to .pk3. Should work in current builds of GZDoom. The only wrinkle is if you are using existing savegames saved with the older build, they may not be able to load properly with the current build.


It worked fine on the first level, but then, when was loading map 02 this happen:

MAP02 - Underhalls

Attempt to spawn an instance of abstract actor class BD_BaseFlare
VM execution aborted: tried to write to address zero.
Called from BD_ExplosiveBarrel.Tick at Beautiful-Doom-master.pk3:z_bdoom/o_misc.zc, line 345

I'm using the latest GZDoom build, released today. There were no red errors though.
User avatar
Solus
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2017

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby DrR0Ck » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:52 am

Solus wrote:
DrR0Ck wrote:
Solus wrote:Hi!
It seems that Beautiful DooM doesn't work anymore with GZDoom. I'm using the build x64-g4.5pre-308-g63035d503.
This is what sows on the console:

E1M1 - Hangar

Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE7"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE7"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE8"
Unknown texture: "SP_DUDE8"
Attempt to spawn an instance of abstract actor class BD_BaseFlare
VM execution aborted: tried to write to address zero.
Called from BD_ExplosiveBarrel.Tick at BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:z_bdoom/o_misc.zc, line 79

This is the red errors on loading GZDoom:

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 16:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'DBRAIN1'

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 21:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'SFALL1'

Script error, "BeautifulDoom200612.pk3:gldefs.tex" line 27:
Material definition refers nonexistent texture 'BFALL1'


You are running the last release - Try downloading the current state from Github: https://github.com/jekyllgrim/Beautiful-Doom
Hit the green "Code" button > download zip, and rename .zip to .pk3. Should work in current builds of GZDoom. The only wrinkle is if you are using existing savegames saved with the older build, they may not be able to load properly with the current build.


It worked fine on the first level, but then, when was loading map 02 this happen:

MAP02 - Underhalls

Attempt to spawn an instance of abstract actor class BD_BaseFlare
VM execution aborted: tried to write to address zero.
Called from BD_ExplosiveBarrel.Tick at Beautiful-Doom-master.pk3:z_bdoom/o_misc.zc, line 345

I'm using the latest GZDoom build, released today. There were no red errors though.


I'm running build 305 - I couldn't get 308 to launch and haven't tried any newer builds yet. I probably will though and I'll let you know if I see the same issues.

Edit - Tried the more recent builds and getting the same errors as you. So the last build that works for me with BD is 305. I recommend running with that for the time being.
DrR0Ck
 
Joined: 31 May 2020
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Beautiful Doom pre-7 build 3915302 (June 12, 2020)

Postby Solus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:09 am

You're right. It works fine on 305. I'll run with it. Thanks for the help!
User avatar
Solus
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2017

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bobby, Rodman909 and 14 guests