Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alexis06

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.8 (Dec 24, 2015)

Post by Alexis06 »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:I finally got myself Zandronum and testing now with it as well. I found issues with version 3.0 in certain checks (doesn't seem to recognize CheckClass command) and it's going to be fixed in the new version. Stay tuned!
Thanks for that.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

tky wrote:BugFixes is cheers for good work.
How can a matter of ammunition,
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
Please, find somebody who can translate for you. Machine translation doesn't make any sense. Sorry for the trouble.
tky

Post by tky »

Oh... Sorry.
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:
Skrell wrote:Would you be kind enough to release a mod pack of HD items WITHOUT the guns? That way we can enjoy the armor, health, keycard pick ups in ANY mod that changes weapons.
The description says the mod is modular. Unpack the PK3, take out the BDoom_HDsprites.wad. Voila.

I may create a separate topic on it later.
Based on your 1st post it sounds like fallen weapon sprites are still part of BDoom_HDsprites.wad... I was hoping to have a version of this wad without any weapon sprites in case I wasn't clear in my original request. I apologize for being difficult :-(
Jekyll Grim Payne

Skrell wrote: Based on your 1st post it sounds like fallen weapon sprites are still part of BDoom_HDsprites.wad... I was hoping to have a version of this wad without any weapon sprites in case I wasn't clear in my original request. I apologize for being difficult :-(
Why would you want a pack of HD item sprites that doesn't include weapons? Weapons are items too. Sorry, but I'm not really willing to make and upload lots of various versions of my wads which include or don't include this or that. You can easily do it yourself, just open it up with any archive-editing program and delete any sprites you don't like.

Here's a new topic which links to a file with pickup sprites only: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 99#p873899 (there it's a PK3 so it can actually be opened with any archive-editing program).
Skrell

Post by Skrell »

Thank you I appreciate your help!
Jekyll Grim Payne

Skrell wrote:Thank you I appreciate your help!
No problem.
Baseplate

Post by Baseplate »

Thanks for the hard work...this update made my holidays. :D
Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.0.9.9 (Dec 29, 2015)

VERSION 6.0.9.9
*** ADDED
- FINALLY, PLAYER'S ALT. DEATHS AND GIBS!
All the same that zombies have: fire, green fire, plasma, BFG, chainsaw deaths and advanced gibbing with unique gibs
- Secrets and kills counters to the statusbar
*** IMPROVED
- Health, armor and ammo counters on the statusbar now change color depending on the amount
- Steampack, Medikit and Berserk HD sprites are slightly improved
- Enhanced Guns now don't work in Deathmatch (although the player class can be selected, you'll still get vanilla guns)
*** FIXED
- Possible bug when SFX would turn back on when entering a new level even if you'd turned them off before that
- Removed unnecessary TEXTURES lump from BDoom_Monsters.wad that may have caused some errors
- Enhanced Shotgun alt. attack doesn't leave holes on walls anymore
- Zandronum: Replaced CheckClass command with a different one so that the mod works in Zandronum
- Zandronum: changed rocket's damage type so that it doesn't trigger fire deaths anymore (seems like in Zandronum
Jekyll Grim Payne

Found a mistake I made in ACS that still allows using Enhanced Guns in Deathmatch. Will be fixed in 6.1.
tky

Post by tky »

Ammunition number of bug was not repaired.
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

You should put all updates past latest under a
Spoiler:
Jekyll Grim Payne

Glaice wrote:You should put all updates past latest under a
Spoiler:
Right, I haven't thought about it, thanks.
tky wrote:Ammunition number of bug was not repaired.
I'm sorry again but there's no bug with ammunition.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.1.0.0 (March 4, 2016)

Hey, guys. I decided to finally upload version 6.1.0.0. Sorry it's been so long. I wanted to release it along with the updated trailer, but I simply don't have enough time right now and I can't get around to doing it. So no updated trailer for now :(

But the mod has been updated. Nothing major, mostly cosmetic and bug fixes. I think I'll now also upload it to Doomworld.

VERSION 6.1.0.0
*** FIXED
- In 6.0.9.9 Enhanced Guns still worked in Deathmatch because I made a mistake in the script. Now they don't.
- Dual Pistols don't spawn in Deathmatch games
- Fixed a bug where Shotgun Guy would stay mirrored (walk backwards) after being resurrected by an Arch-Vile
- Fixed a bug where Imp would show incorrect resurrecting animation after one of the 2 possible "plasma death" animations
- Cacodemon now shows corret resurrection animations depending on which death animation was used
- Enhanced Shotgun melee alt. attack doesn't alert monsters anymore
- Arachnotron's plasmaballs leave proper green decals, not blue ones
- Missing dynamic lighting when firing a weapon
- Decorative blood spawned by hanging dead bodies now properly disappears when landing on water
- Decorative dead bodies now never spawn blood if Advanced Bleeding is off
- Missing sprite in Cyberdemon's death animation
*** ADDED
- When connecting to a deathmatch game having selected Enhanced Guns you will see a message telling you they won't work, after which you'll be switched to Vanilla Guns
- Alternative death animation for Chaingun Guy, similar to Smooth Doom, but with improved blood graphics (and less smooth, to correspond to the original sprite rate)
- Sprite variations for decorative marine corpse
*** IMPROVED
- All scripts connected to toggling special effects were moved to the MAIN wad, so that now there's only one section of controls related to turning on/off the SFX in 'Customize Controls'
- Decorative dead bodies don't spawn decorative blood as often
- Changed the font and the position of the SFX-toggle on-screen messages
- Added improved HD sprites for Medikit, Stimpack, Berserk, Health Bonus, Green Armor and Blue Armor
Crudux Cruo

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.1.0.0 (March 4, 2016)

Post by Crudux Cruo »

well i have this is by far the absolute best vanilla+ mod ever. i've looked and this is it. my only problem? i wish ketchup 5 worked with this... i know i'm an asshole for saying it but... maybe theres something to that?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”