Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
hybridial

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.3 (January 29, 2018) - the Smooth updat

Post by hybridial »

Hi, I am posting because I'm a big fan of the mod and would like to use it with the weapon wheel mod, from what I've figured out myself the conventional instructions to make Weapon Wheel.pk3 work with a mod as explained won't work with Beautiful Doom, the issue is that the weapon wheel when loaded will stop time for when the button for it is pressed, but displays no menu.

I have basically no technical expertise on these things, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.3.1 (April 8, 2018) - the Smooth update

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

Sorry it took so long.

VERSION 6.3.1 || April 8, 2018 || DOWNLOAD (ModDB) DOWNLOAD (Dropbox)

* ADDED/IMPROVED *
-- Bullet tracers now respect autoaim settings
-- Arch-Vile's attacks now trigger fire death animations (although inconsistently)
* CHANGED *
-- Reduced the volume of some of the louder sounds:
- chaingun fire sound by 40%
- chaingun emtpy casing sound by 50%
- pistol emtpy casing sound by 30%
- shotgun empty shell sound by 60%
- chainsaw wall hit sound by 65%
* FIXED *
-- Added code optimization that *should* fix the issue that caused Pain Elemental/Cacodemon deaths to sometimes crash the game (thanks Rowsol)
-- The kick attack no longer pushes enemies away if they're behind walls, and the push effect is only activated if you actually hit a monster
-- Chaingun will no longer fire 2 bullets if you have only 1 Clip left
-- Fixed an issue that allowed using kick in the short window after Vanilla Chainsaw primary attack (thanks SiFi270)
-- While using Dual Pistols with Bullet Tracers on, the tracers are now properly aligned with the guns (used to be reversed)
-- Revenant's missile is no longer missing dynamic light (thanks Rowsol)
-- BDoom*.txt now properly lists GZDoom 3.2.5 as the earliest compatible version
-- GZDoom loading screen now properly lists the release date instead of TBA (GAMEINFO lump)
-- Fixed the spelling of the name of the 'Beautiful Doom Credits' menu (thanks Chewcumber)
affandede

Post by affandede »

I had made a version of HXRTC Hud for Beautiful Doom, if anyone is interested, link is on the last comment of HXRTC Hud thread.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

I just started using Beautiful Doom and already an update :P Also Thanks affandede for the new Hud.
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Script error, "BDoom631.pk3:decorate" line 1:
Unexpected character: ď (ASCII -17)

Occured when trying to edit DECORATE. Even saving unchanged DECORATE fuck up the mod, WTF?
Jekyll Grim Payne

jablon1000 wrote:Script error, "BDoom631.pk3:decorate" line 1:
Unexpected character: ď (ASCII -17)

Occured when trying to edit DECORATE. Even saving unchanged DECORATE fuck up the mod, WTF?
Well, you obviously added a character at the beginning. If it had been unchanged, there would've been nothing to save.
Jekyll Grim Payne

I noticed you can't actually properly play the mod without new weapons if you try to comment the weapon lines in DECORATE. This will be fixed very soon.
namsan

Post by namsan »

Thanks for update! Now I can slaughter cacodemons with explosives without worrying.
Jekyll Grim Payne

namsan wrote:Thanks for update! Now I can slaughter cacodemons with explosives without worrying.
...Probably :)
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:I noticed you can't actually properly play the mod without new weapons if you try to comment the weapon lines in DECORATE. This will be fixed very soon.
I hope so. This mod is essential for me while i use weapons mods :)
Jekyll Grim Payne

I'll try to release an update this week. It'll have a couple of consistency improvements, hopefully it'll be possible to exclude weapons from DECORATE and play it properly, and also I'm preparing a little but nice new visual feature.
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Just a request for you, you can add some attention to realism with hitscanners and hitscan weapons. Here's an example of a Shotgunner's attack code:
A_CustomBulletAttack(22.5, 0, 3, random(1,5)*3, "BulletPuff", 0, CBAF_NORANDOM, AAPTR_TARGET, "BulletTracer")

P.S. I recommend to set the speed on BulletTracer to 150.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Noooo Hitscan bad :(
Jekyll Grim Payne

Rex705 wrote:Noooo Hitscan bad :(
What exactly are you talking about?
A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:Just a request for you, you can add some attention to realism with hitscanners and hitscan weapons. Here's an example of a Shotgunner's attack code:
A_CustomBulletAttack(22.5, 0, 3, random(1,5)*3, "BulletPuff", 0, CBAF_NORANDOM, AAPTR_TARGET, "BulletTracer")

Are these two different suggestions or one? If it's the former, please elaborate what you mean by adding "attention to realism with hitscanners".

As for tracers, I'll test it out, but you have to understand that bullet tracers are just for effect. Their current speed (100) was chosen only with visuals in mind. I feel like it's the most optimal choice, otherwise on short to medium range you can't really see the effect and enjoy it. I might increase it a bit but it won't change much; speeds like these look more or less the same in Doom.
A_D_M_E_R_A_L

Post by A_D_M_E_R_A_L »

Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:
Rex705 wrote:Noooo Hitscan bad :(
What exactly are you talking about?
A_D_M_E_R_A_L wrote:Just a request for you, you can add some attention to realism with hitscanners and hitscan weapons. Here's an example of a Shotgunner's attack code:

Are these two different suggestions or one? If it's the former, please elaborate what you mean by adding "attention to realism with hitscanners".

As for tracers, I'll test it out, but you have to understand that bullet tracers are just for effect. Their current speed (100) was chosen only with visuals in mind. I feel like it's the most optimal choice, otherwise on short to medium range you can't really see the effect and enjoy it. I might increase it a bit but it won't change much; speeds like these look more or less the same in Doom.
2 requests in 1. And "attention to realism with hitscanners", I meant the bullet tracers will go where the bullet puff will be. It'll still be a hitscan attack

Return to “Gameplay Mods”