Beautiful Doom 7.1.6 (June 2nd, 2021)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
camper

Re: Beautiful Doom 6.3.2 (April 15, 2018) - brightmaps

Post by camper »

An interesting mod. I was delighted with the tracers, but then I realized that the tracers and the bullets were separated. Bullets hit the target instantly. This is clearly seen when shooting at the water. But it seems the bullets act at a finite distance?
https://yadi.sk/i/k6Ps2-I_qMpHPQ
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

He wasn't aware you can combine projectiles with hitscan attacks so the tracers act appropriately. He knows now and if another update comes out I'm sure it'll be addressed.

As far as I know, Doom's bullets have a finite distance of 8192. https://zdoom.org/wiki/A_FireBullets "range - The maximum distance the bullets can hit something. Default is 8192."
DoomN00b

Post by DoomN00b »

Hey there - so, I'm trying to create a monsters-only version of BeuD which can play nice with Final Doomer+. I've managed to get it working pretty well, except ONE thing... After 10 minutes or so of play, the gun-info messages you get from Final Doomer+ is replaced with the letter "a"! >_<

I notice that these messages are stored in Final Doomer+ language file - I also notice that your own mod defines sounds when walking into stuff, with this line: "step/tile/a"; <-- could there be a connection? Some sort of language conflict?

If so, how do I erase this incompatibility?
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Do I need to do anything special if I want to use a weapon mod?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

DoomN00b wrote:Hey there - so, I'm trying to create a monsters-only version of BeuD which can play nice with Final Doomer+. I've managed to get it working pretty well, except ONE thing... After 10 minutes or so of play, the gun-info messages you get from Final Doomer+ is replaced with the letter "a"! >_<

I notice that these messages are stored in Final Doomer+ language file - I also notice that your own mod defines sounds when walking into stuff, with this line: "step/tile/a"; <-- could there be a connection? Some sort of language conflict?

If so, how do I erase this incompatibility?
It's unrelated to Beautiful Doom, I posted an answer in the FD thread.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

Hey guys. Due to lack of time and news I decided I should finally make unfinished versions available to those who want to tinker with them and see what's coming.

As a result I now have a GitHub repository. Feel free to play with that! (also I hadn't used github before in case you notice any issues)
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Been waiting to get my hands on this! And with that...a minor bug report.

-P_Startscript: Unknown Script "BD_BloodRemoval"

I'm guessing the ACS module wasn't included in the upload, otherwise this is freakin awesome!
Jekyll Grim Payne

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

BROS_ETT_311 wrote:Been waiting to get my hands on this! And with that...a minor bug report.

-P_Startscript: Unknown Script "BD_BloodRemoval"

I'm guessing the ACS module wasn't included in the upload, otherwise this is freakin awesome!
Thanks. Not sure why it happened, but apparently not all ACS modules made it to git. Weird. Hopefully other stuff did; I actually haven't checked if the repo was working properly.

P.S. If people could post issue reports on github, I'll greatly appreciate it, because I'm most likely to notice the reports there. AFAIK this feature should be open to anyone.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Really appreciate the new fix on the GitHub version. Love the Modern weapon set's alternate Berserk Attack, HULK SMASH!!! Hahah
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TDRR »

What was the last Zandronum compatible version? I imagine it's one from 2014 as the version of GZDoom Zandro is based off is from Aug. 2014.

If not, then what was the last ZDoom 2.8.1 compatible version? I really want to use this with ZDoom LE.
hybridial

Post by hybridial »

Hi, Beautiful Doom is a great mod but for some reason when there's flame effects on screen (like a lot of lost souls, or the all the fire pillars on the final level of evilution) I get some stutter and really bad screen tearing. It happens with Smooth Doom as well, and I'd be fine with an option to perhaps turn those off if its possible, or if maybe there's another setting that could help.

Thanks.
lumbo7332
Operating System Version (Optional): Fedora Kinoite
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by lumbo7332 »

Is there a Discord server or something similar where there is discussion about development of this mod?
3saster

Post by 3saster »

@hybridial try turning "Halos & Particle Flames" in the Beautiful doom options off.
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

3saster wrote:@hybridial try turning "Halos & Particle Flames" in the Beautiful doom options off.
Hey 3saster I had a question about the GitHub version, if you turn Max Shadow Distance all the way down to 0, does that turn monster shadows off completely?
3saster

Post by 3saster »

@Beezle Yes. In fact I have an outstanding pull request on the GitHub to, among other things, have it say "Shadows are disabled" when it's set to zero.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”