GII Overkill [Version 2.3!] NOW WITH 2.7mm KOLIBRI!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Spaceman333

Re: GII Overkill DONE [Version 1.9] HAMMERED AND SICKLED!

Post by Spaceman333 »

This looks interesting, I've greatly enjoyed Russian Overkill and this seems to be an alternative take on the same idea, so I'll definitely give it a try.

Reading the descriptions gave me a good laugh, so I thank you for that piece of entertainment already. :D
15098D

Post by 15098D »

Spaceman333 wrote:This looks interesting, I've greatly enjoyed Russian Overkill and this seems to be an alternative take on the same idea, so I'll definitely give it a try.

Reading the descriptions gave me a good laugh, so I thank you for that piece of entertainment already. :D
Why thank you comrade! Im glad you enjoyed reading it and do tell me what you think of it. :D
goanna678

Post by goanna678 »

so you could call it multi country overkill
edit: add the PPSH-41
15098D

Post by 15098D »

goanna678 wrote:so you could call it multi country overkill
PPSH! YES! THANK YOU FOR THE IDEA! :lol:
15098D

Post by 15098D »

goanna678 wrote:so you could call it multi country overkill
Expect to see it in 2.0
15098D

Re: GII Overkill [Version 2.0!] FIGHT COMRADES!

Post by 15098D »

We are in version 2.0 with some new WW2 themed weapons!
15098D

Re: GII Overkill [Version 2.0!] FIGHT COMRADES!

Post by 15098D »

Found an error, expect a patch soon
15098D

Re: GII Overkill [Version 2.0!] IMAGE ERRORS, COMRADES!

Post by 15098D »

I can't for the life of me figure out why [img] doesn't work any more and since [imgur] isn't working either I'm out of ideas. Sorry comrades. Hope you enjoy what is likely the last version of GII Overkill anyway

edit: Trying to take the .png off the end and submitting results in all the text being erased, and I mean ALL OF IT
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

15098D wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why Image

Code: Select all

[img]http://i.imgur.com/NTg2lx9.png[/img]
I noticed with Imgur that some links work with [imgur], while others are meant to be used with [img], so test both.

Speaking of the mod, its interesting to see a new version released. Back in the day when I tried it for the first time, I thought it had some enjoyable ideas, but the code had bugs, the graphics did not have standardization/consistency (hi-def sprites mixed in with low-def sprites) and the general gameplay felt like it was great to see what each weapon did, but to play with it for a full campaign did not feel as satisfying and cohesive as it did with russian overkill.

But yeah I'm gonna try 2.1, maybe its better than version 1.9 that I tried back then.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

There, I quickly fixed the main post's images with notepad++'s text replace:
Spoiler:
Just quote my post and copy paste all the text inside the spoiler tag into the first post of the thread to fix the issue.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Make sure you've opted into the [img] user group, too - the thread to do so is in Rules & Announcements.
15098D

Post by 15098D »

wildweasel wrote:Make sure you've opted into the [img] user group, too - the thread to do so is in Rules & Announcements.
Thanks a billion wild ^^
15098D

Post by 15098D »

Spaceman333 wrote: Speaking of the mod, its interesting to see a new version released. Back in the day when I tried it for the first time, I thought it had some enjoyable ideas, but the code had bugs, the graphics did not have standardization/consistency (hi-def sprites mixed in with low-def sprites) and the general gameplay felt like it was great to see what each weapon did, but to play with it for a full campaign did not feel as satisfying and cohesive as it did with russian overkill.

But yeah I'm gonna try 2.1, maybe its better than version 1.9 that I tried back then.
Yeah, I have no issue admitting this mod lacks the polish of RO, especially considering Im fairly hopeless when it comes to making my own sprites ^^; That cohesiveness that RO has definitely works in its favor and is kinda missing from GIIOK. Hope you enjoy it anyway c: I may add more in the future
PillowBlaster

Re: GII Overkill [Version 2.0!] IMAGE ERRORS ARE FIXED,COMRA

Post by PillowBlaster »

I'll just pop in here to endorse this again as much as it lacks polish, if you'll somehow fix the bugs and some weird design choices (citing: "one guy has a starting weapon that fires one explosive bullet normally, and then on alt-fire a bunch of them for no ammo") and concentrate more on finding fitting sprites and making ideas around them (that's how me and many others here handles stuff!) - you should be on good way to improve and perhaps starting something of your own. The riceinator got me and other crew member in stitches. Wishing best of luck!
15098D

Re: GII Overkill [Version 2.1!] IMAGE ERRORS ARE FIXED, COMR

Post by 15098D »

PillowBlaster wrote:I'll just pop in here to endorse this again as much as it lacks polish, if you'll somehow fix the bugs and some weird design choices (citing: "one guy has a starting weapon that fires one explosive bullet normally, and then on alt-fire a bunch of them for no ammo") and concentrate more on finding fitting sprites and making ideas around them (that's how me and many others here handles stuff!) - you should be on good way to improve and perhaps starting something of your own. The riceinator got me and other crew member in stitches. Wishing best of luck!
Thanks so much for the support Pillow ^u^ Especially coming from the guy who inspired me to start this whole thing

Return to “Gameplay Mods”