Army Of Darkness: A simple gun mod[RELEASED]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SuperSomariDX

Re: Army Of Darkness: A simple gun mod[RELEASED]

Post by SuperSomariDX »

Funny, I one shot a baron with a single bow shot.
doomguy34

Post by doomguy34 »

Mm guns are not bad especially the rifle and in slot No. 2 is nice and more if I'm not mistaken it vien blood of games and also e rifle that is in slot # 3 as it draws an automatic rifle
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Xenoxols wrote:lever rifle does more damage
Thanks for this. Now bullet replacers are consistent and varied, to boot. Either hit them hard with double magnums, snipe with the single magnum, or do damage rapidly with the lever action... I can't help but feel that balance is not a very nice mistress to realism. :P I also can't help but feel that picking up a lever action in the world, no matter whether from a chaingunner or spawn, gives you a ton of ammo.
Xenoxols wrote:About the dualies, it's because he actually needs 2 hands to reload. No magnetic belts here.
Fair enough! Although there is still the visual thing where he raises one magnum if he's done reloading it. Doesn't he need both hands? :P (Headcanon: TB doesn't need magnetic belts, he's actually so fast that his guns don't have time to be affected by gravity before he reloads them.)

Also, one more concern: the thunder stick is cool, but even if you could see through all of the visual effects, it feels like it doesn't have any range at all, and if you're not careful you'll eat up all of the lightning ammo and lose lots of damage in the process. I guess that's just a hazard of the weapon, though. (A colleague also suggests that the repeating sound is annoying.)

Addendum: Wow those smoke effects are really subtle. I would never have noticed them had it not been for a GZDoom-enhanced infrared.
Last edited by Zhs2 on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gaderiel

Post by Gaderiel »

Fine. Mixed this one with a modified version of Doom Rising (file A, containing monsters and spawners) to fight only against fantasy monsters and zombies, added a Hexen 2 texture pack, lowered gamma down to 0.75 and here we go, a true AOD experience.

Nice work, man!
Gabbuz85

Post by Gabbuz85 »

I don't know, I think that the formula chainsaw + guns was better (like the first version that you did long ago).
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Awesome mod, seriously. But I have a few suggestions.
1. A kickass enemy mod to go with this. It would make the whole experience feel more Evil Dead-y.
2. The ability to dual wield the chainsaw and boomstick. It's a little tedious to switch between them.
3. Power down the weapons a tad. The chainsaw and shotgun are SUPER heckin' strong.
4. An altfire for the shotgun so you can empty both barrels at once.
5. Beef up the Winchester a bit. It feels like a peashooter.
6. One-liners don't work.
7. This is a small one, but the crossbow is off-center a little.
Hell, I don't even know if this mod is still being supported by the author. But it's worth a shot, because this is an awesome mod. So if you see this, please take my suggestions into consideration!
Major030

Post by Major030 »

people will probably get mad at me for bumping a 2 year old post but i don't care, i think this mod is great, however there are 2 versions of this, the old, and this one, the new. Strangely i can't say which of these are better, so i would say that xenoxols, the op, should maybe look into combining the mods in some way, and maybe flesh them out a bit. tho this is likely falling on deaf ears, i really think this mod should be updated since it does have a lot of potential.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

I'm probably not updating this anytime. I've mostly lost interest in Doom modding.
Major030

Post by Major030 »

oh, that's sad but it's your decision, of course. if others were to tweak your mod, would you mind?
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Major030 wrote:oh, that's sad but it's your decision, of course. if others were to tweak your mod, would you mind?
No, just give proper credit.
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

This mod is two years old already??? It feels super fresh, like it came out in the past week!

The weapons are punchy as all hell and satisfying to use. This is great for levelsets with stone/gothic/egyptian architecture! I'm glad I found it, I've been enjoying it a lot since I picked it up and can't wait to find more levelsets to play it with. Great job xenoxols!
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

xenoxols wrote:I'm probably not updating this anytime. I've mostly lost interest in Doom modding.
Which of your weapon mods is more complete? I think the best and the only fully done I've seen is the Gunslinger2.0
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

The Rifle fires way too fast, and Please add Ash W Mugshot
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66132

Return to “Gameplay Mods”