Page 17 of 17

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:26 am
by Gideon020
Hopefully they're involuntary reloads, having to tap the reload key is fine and all, but I like the classics as well. :D

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 pm
by Miguel371xd
Help when I use the version 3.0 zandronum I start with the doom pistol and fist.
Please help me

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:36 am
by TheRailgunner
Miguel371xd wrote:Help when I use the version 3.0 zandronum I start with the doom pistol and fist.
Please help me


I can only assume that this means the autoload list isn't correctly typed:

Code: Select allExpand view
Path=$PROGDIR/the_trooper_zand.pk3


I usually replace "$PROGDIR/" with the actual program directory (in my case, "C:\Doom\"). If you're still having issues, I'll give it a whirl in Zand and see if I can't get to the root of the problem.

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:23 pm
by Miguel371xd
Thx a lot Railgunner :D!

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:06 pm
by NullWire
Who created the two reticle scopes of the weapons?

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:32 am
by SoulCircle
I just have one thing to say.... Was the name intentionally hinting to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bgXH3sJ2Q?

Anywho... I will give this a try tomorrow when I am actually awake and will edit, saying what I think about it!

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:48 pm
by TheRailgunner
SoulCircle wrote:I just have one thing to say.... Was the name intentionally hinting to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4bgXH3sJ2Q?

Anywho... I will give this a try tomorrow when I am actually awake and will edit, saying what I think about it!


Yes it is!

Anyway, sorry for my absence - my computer is having hard disk problems, so I can't do much development-wise until I either get it up and running or recover the data from the potentially corrupt HDD. I'll try to get back on top of things as soon as I can (gotta move and find a job).

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:11 am
by SoulCircle
Oh it's fine! And I am sorry for two things... I never played it, and that your HDD corrupted. I will get to this mod tonight if I remember!

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [Comeback Imminent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:04 pm
by TheRailgunner
So, I'm slowly restoring my computer to working order - in the time that has passed since my last post, I've lost the fried HDD and somehow lost access to both my original ZDoom forum account and the email tied to it, so I'm going forward on this alternate account. Unfortunately, this means that any new sprites, code, or fixes are pretty much gone until i can remake them from scratch, but it's never really been a problem before. I'll try to get back on the proverbial horse before or on March 31st, more or less mirroring the original, minutes-before-midnight-on-April-Fool's-Day release.

EDIT: It occurs to me that my in-progress copy of The Legend is probably also gone as well - eh, what can you do, right?

EDIT 2: I can't remember if I ever uploaded the variant that included the ST and AS-46' involuntary reload functionality, so if I didn't, that's possibly gone forever as well, or at least until I redo it - here's hoping I remembered to upload it!

EDIT 3: I just realized that I can't update the OP with this account! Well, I guess I'll just have to start the thread over later, or something like that. I really hope I didn't lose the Surfeit Torment reload, I honestly loved that more than dual-wielded revolvers...

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:14 am
by PooshhMao
Hi,

I really enjoy this mod - it's perfect for slaughter maps, the kind I tend to enjoy the most, and as such gets a lot of playtime.

Is it still under development, though? Despite liking it a lot, I still think there's some flaws (apologies if this has been asked before, I'm not going to scan through 17 pages worth of posts to see if they have)

- The switching ammo/reloading system is kind of a mess, and I still find myself making mistakes even after many hours playing it. Adopting a normal at-will reloading system would improve the mod, and switching ammo types could be moved to an unused user key.

- The auto shotgun is *very* effective, but not satisfying to use. The view sprite does not resemble the world sprite, it looks like you're holding a camera. It just looks poor, especially compared the the other weapons. Another problem is that the firing it full auto causes the sound effect to be cut off - only single shots sound correct.

What do you think?

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 am
by Murix
Seems like the drop box files no longer exist or the links no longer work.

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:35 pm
by TheRailgunner
PooshhMao wrote:Hi,

I really enjoy this mod - it's perfect for slaughter maps, the kind I tend to enjoy the most, and as such gets a lot of playtime.

Is it still under development, though? Despite liking it a lot, I still think there's some flaws (apologies if this has been asked before, I'm not going to scan through 17 pages worth of posts to see if they have)

- The switching ammo/reloading system is kind of a mess, and I still find myself making mistakes even after many hours playing it. Adopting a normal at-will reloading system would improve the mod, and switching ammo types could be moved to an unused user key.

- The auto shotgun is *very* effective, but not satisfying to use. The view sprite does not resemble the world sprite, it looks like you're holding a camera. It just looks poor, especially compared the the other weapons. Another problem is that the firing it full auto causes the sound effect to be cut off - only single shots sound correct.

What do you think?


I might consider the at-will reloading system - also, when you say "auto-shotgun", do you mean the Sturmman M97 (Super Shotgun replacement) or the VSK9 Thunderstrike (Shotgun replacement from Extra Weapons)?

It's worth noting that this isn't the main thread anymore - it has since been updated elsewhere.

Murix wrote:Seems like the drop box files no longer exist or the links no longer work.


For any version of The Trooper linked to in this thread, yes - try this thread instead, The Trooper's on v0.2.4.10/12 now.