[WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXED]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.2 Released! [ZOOM ZOOM]

Post by TheRailgunner »

wooze wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:
wooze wrote:I think i seen those sprites somewhere. Did you included credits with this work?
Generally speaking, until the update is uploaded, I don't update the credits - the sprites aren't included in the public version of the mod yet.
Indeed they are.
So for time being this is stealing. Ok.
It just doesn't make sense to list credit for something that isn't actually in the mod yet - adding "Neccronixis: Future Last Salvo and Sharpshooter Arm HUD sprites" to the credits list right now, as opposed to adding the credit line after the update is live, seems premature and unnecessary. I'm not claiming to have made the sprites (though I did recolor the GC slightly, and make the muzzle flashes for both), I'm simply expressing my intent to use them.

I update credits in-step with changes to the mod, and it's really just that simple.
mutator

Post by mutator »

There are 2 doom4 weapons mod that are being developed :) Zion and this mod with doomguy hand sprites
SuaveSteve

Post by SuaveSteve »

When I read this back when there was still one page, I said to myself, here's a mod for people who don't want to be thrown in the deep end of big game changers like Demonsteel but want something more than Weapons of Saturn.

Anyway, are you ever going to do a changelog? It's easy, just put what you would have posted in it :)
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

It's really interesting and badass but ¿Do you gonna add more weapons? Because that would be veeeeeeeeeery nice!

I have this ones for ideas;

-Hand grenades.
-Melee combo attacks with fist (includes kicks).
-Prox mines for a different gun.
-An vertical dual cannon Nailgun rifle, his alternate function makes appear another 2 cannons to shoot. (I have a draw design if you want to see it)
-A kind of Hell-tech gun?

I have several questions..

¿Why the knife it's too big?
¿Why the two kind of shotguns are in different slots and not in the same one?
¿In the future or later do you gonna add more kind of animations in the weapon sprites?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

JackGruff wrote:When I read this back when there was still one page, I said to myself, here's a mod for people who don't want to be thrown in the deep end of big game changers like Demonsteel but want something more than Weapons of Saturn.

Anyway, are you ever going to do a changelog? It's easy, just put what you would have posted in it :)
At some point, though I'm kind of having a crisis of direction as far as the mod is concerned - things like weapon/feature bloat and the need to separate the mod into a base mod and patches. I'm also trying to smooth out existing functionality as much as possible before moving on to the next feature or posting an update. I probably should've maintained a changelog from the start - I can go back and look at my update posts to compile one, but it may not be complete.
NullWire wrote:It's really interesting and badass but ¿Do you gonna add more weapons? Because that would be veeeeeeeeeery nice!

I have this ones for ideas;

-Hand grenades.
-Melee combo attacks with fist (includes kicks).
-Prox mines for a different gun.
-An vertical dual cannon Nailgun rifle, his alternate function makes appear another 2 cannons to shoot. (I have a draw design if you want to see it)
-A kind of Hell-tech gun?

I have several questions..

¿Why the knife it's too big?
¿Why the two kind of shotguns are in different slots and not in the same one?
¿In the future or later do you gonna add more kind of animations in the weapon sprites?
I may add more melee options in the future. Dunno about hand grenades or proximity mines. I don't know if I could make a new Helltech weapon happen, mostly because I probably couldn't produce the sprites. I don't really know what I'd do with a nailgun rifle - there may well be too many rifles as it is...

The knife is more because I only used one sprite and haven't really gotten around to making a complete animation of any kind. The shotguns are separate because I honestly hate having to switch to one to get to the other. Additional animation, hopefully - what kind of animations exactly are you referring to?
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.3 Released! [RAILGUNS AND SUCH]

Post by TheRailgunner »

I've separated the extra weapons from the main mod - they are now optional, limiting The Trooper's default arsenal to just ten weapons. I've also updated HUD sprites for the Last Salvo (which was a doozy) and Aries Sharpshooter Prosthesis, in addition to these other changes:

*Last Salvo now charges for a short period before firing. It is also now technically automatic for laziness purposes.
*Last Salvo gained a special mode - Overdrive, which allows for faster automatic firing and skipping the charge on follow-up shots.
*Sharpshooter Arm and Last Salvo now have greatly reduced deselect times; these are compensated for by their long select animations.

I felt I kind of half-assed the Last Salvo the first time around, and I wanted a satisfying do-over. Hopefully, this should make up for it.
mutator

Post by mutator »

nice job railgunner, your mod is cute :)
Lime

Post by Lime »

Hey Railgunner, Sorry for nothing because I'm on vacation. The Crimson Spectre shows no ammo on the HUD. can you fix it?

EDIT: The fix you had works well. Thanks!
Last edited by Lime on Wed May 25, 2016 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
doomdude

Post by doomdude »

So the mod creator does not care about credits, interesting.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

doomdude wrote:So the mod creator does not care about credits, interesting.
Just as you don't care about the huge number of other peoples' accounts you're getting banned lately through your idiocy. I'd really like to ask that you stop now, filystea.
doomdude

Post by doomdude »

wildweasel wrote:
Just as you don't care about the huge number of other peoples' accounts you're getting banned lately through your idiocy. I'd really like to ask that you stop now, filystea.
Not sure, still few questions were not answered in few topics.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

TheRailgunner wrote:Neccronixis: New Last Salvo and Sharpshooter Arm sprites
Looks like credit to me.
Lime wrote:Hey Railgunner, Sorry for nothing because I'm on vacation. The Crimson Spectre shows no ammo on the HUD. can you fix it?
I most certainly can - assuming you're using the extra weapons add-on, it is fixed now (since TR_CrimsonSpectrePatched replaces TR_CrimsonSpectre, I should've fixed it on the HUD before upload).
doomdude wrote:
wildweasel wrote:
Not sure, still few questions were not answered in few topics.
As far as my thread is concerned, I answered your question.

@weasel: I can't really see how this person is getting OTHER people's accounts banned, or for what, but I do appreciate the moderator intervention. EDIT - ah, ye olde account hax.
doomdude

Post by doomdude »

Well you are right you answered mine. Seems this one is legit. But we have few deleted questions in other topics. Not sure how to fix this up.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Anyway, I've uploaded a quick fix for the Last Salvo's myriad cosmetic bugs - any time you pick up a slug when the LS is out of ammo, the weapon will visibly load...and hopefully, with no discrepancies between empty and loaded states.
mutator

Post by mutator »

just a quick suggestion rail, you should put reload feature for each gun I mean not each gun but the ones that require reload like shotguns, rifles and pistols

Return to “Gameplay Mods”