[WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXED]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Carbine Dioxide

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.1.8 Released! [LEAD IS MY BREAD]

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I thought you were saving that for Helsturm. :?:
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

TheRailgunner wrote: I may also be thinking about doing something with this weapon:

The Nishimura Seven Battle Rifle.
A sniper rifle with (Extra)Ordinary functions and ammo?
like, Exploding shots?
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.1.10 Released! [DUAL-WIELD SMGS]

Post by TheRailgunner »

YukesVonFaust wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote: I may also be thinking about doing something with this weapon:

The Nishimura Seven Battle Rifle.
A sniper rifle with (Extra)Ordinary functions and ammo?
like, Exploding shots?
Only the most explosive variety - antimatter bullets!
Carbine Dioxide wrote:I thought you were saving that for Helsturm. :?:
Without a reloading frame, there isn't much I can do with it for Helsturm, although I do intend to port the newer sprites back to it eventually.
YukesVonFaust wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:
Carbine Dioxide wrote: I've added the XM27 Submachine Gun, a lightweight automatic weapon with an extremely high rate of fire. Occasionally spawning in the place of the clip, the XM27 is a slot 2 weapon.
Can it dual wield? 'cause dual wielding needs more love.

Working on it.

EDIT: The XM27 can now be dual-wielded.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

TheRailgunner wrote:
Glaice wrote:Do tell me not much changed under the monster DECORATE sections since 0.13? The download links still show an April date too and the same file name, should they not follow a version filename like the_trooper_v18 or something like that? Makes it easier to hold onto older files without overwriting the previous version.
To be honest, I usually don't remember to update the "last updated" text with each update, which is probably something I should handle more promptly in the future. I usually don't apply the version name to the files themselves - hence thetrooper.pk3, helsturm.pk3, etc. Monster DECORATE hasn't really changed much since 0.1.3 either
So this must mean I can just copypaste the old monster DECORATE and RDND sprites into the new version without doing everything by hand again? :)
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Glaice wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote:
Glaice wrote:Do tell me not much changed under the monster DECORATE sections since 0.13? The download links still show an April date too and the same file name, should they not follow a version filename like the_trooper_v18 or something like that? Makes it easier to hold onto older files without overwriting the previous version.
To be honest, I usually don't remember to update the "last updated" text with each update, which is probably something I should handle more promptly in the future. I usually don't apply the version name to the files themselves - hence thetrooper.pk3, helsturm.pk3, etc. Monster DECORATE hasn't really changed much since 0.1.3 either
So this must mean I can just copypaste the old monster DECORATE and RDND sprites into the new version without doing everything by hand again? :)
Pretty much.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

http://imgur.com/os2mkkh

The Crimson Spectre's sprite edge doesn't fit on the screen properly on very high resolutions (The original image is 2560x1080, 110 FOV)
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Glaice wrote:http://imgur.com/os2mkkh

The Crimson Spectre's sprite edge doesn't fit on the screen properly on very high resolutions (The original image is 2560x1080, 110 FOV)
I've uploaded a fix - the Crimson Spectre's sprites no longer have a cutoff on the right side, so they should fit regardless of resolution.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2 Released! [ULTRA BOOTS+FIXES]

Post by TheRailgunner »

A few quick fixes, plus a new powerup:

*Quad Damage now replaces Berserk; Berserk effect is now exclusively granted by the Demon Blood Sword.
*Dual-wielding the XM27 during Quad Damage functions properly now.
*Nishimura Seven no longer bobs during A_WeaponReady sections of its firing animation.
*Joe Nameless now has a few new attributes - lowered side-move speed, increased jump height, smaller radius, increased step height, and slightly lower gravity.
*Blursphere now replaced with Ultra Boots - grants a jump-height increase, 1.75x movement speed, and lower gravity for 60 seconds!
*Monsters can cross monster blocking lines.

EDIT: Fixed a bug where the Nishimura Seven's Ready state was missing A_WeaponReady.
Doctrine Gamer

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2 Released! [ULTRA BOOTS+FIXES+ZAN

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Random Deaths and Decorations is to be used with or without the mod Glaice?
He even has a slightly larger size than the original Trooper.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Doctrine Dark wrote:Random Deaths and Decorations is to be used with or without the mod Glaice?
He even has a slightly larger size than the original Trooper.
The RDND version is standalone, so it can be used without the_trooper.pk3 or the base RDND mod right out of the box.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Thanks! I have not downloaded it because I thought it would be incompatible but now will use.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.1 Released! [QUICK MELEES!]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Alright, so I've added quick melees:

*The knife can be used while any gun is drawn with User1.
*The Demon Blood Sword can be used (if you have it) in the same fashion using User2.

Note that since weapons now have +THRUGHOST (so that the DBS can still reflect projectiles), any custom/non-Doom enemies that have the +GHOST flag will be immune to anything other than projectiles/FastProjectiles, so keep that in mind if you, uh, like shooting ghosts. You cannot quick melee if you have a melee weapon drawn, mainly because such would be rickdiculous and unnecessary.

EDIT: Fixed a huge sound bug with sword-based melees playing the weapon's firing sound.
mutator

Post by mutator »

you been working on fixing bugs alot ;) you are dedicated modder
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

loved the update so far, but somewhat felt uncomfortable with the new movement, as some of the jump-disabled maps can easily get trapped. especially jump-disabled megawads.
A CVAR and/or a menu would work, so i can switch to Trooper Movement or Vanilla Doom Movement.
LordMordecai

Post by LordMordecai »

Played this for about an hour on Episode 2 of Switcheroom. I love all of the authentic names for the weapons and their background info: real cartridge names, etc. I can tell where you got some of the inspiration. I dig the steal shell-casing from the AK-4- I mean- AS-46. All of the weapons feel great. When ever I play with a weapon mod, I'm always nervous that it'll unbalance the game and make it too easy, your mod does the opposite. It feels harder, more tactical. I had to adjust my play-style to not get rekt.

I like how the enemies retreat quickly when hurt, but I feel that tougher enemies, like Hell-knights, Barons, and Cacos should become MORE aggressive instead, perhaps doing several attacks in quick succession, or charging towards the player to do a powerful melee attack. I also noticed a couple weapon sprites look like they're aiming a little downwards, like the XM27 and Pulsar-D, but this isn't a big deal.

My only major gripe is the new MaxStepHeight. TONS of maps are designed around 24 unit MaxStepHeight, so when it gets bumped up, there's potential to break those maps. It becomes annoying when maps use a 24 unit tall railing to keep players from falling off of a bridge and into a slime pit, or when you've accidentally wandered into a part of the map before your supposed to be there. I'd like to see an optional patch to restore the MaxStepHeight to 24. After all, if players need to get up higher than that, they could always just jump. :wink:

Congrats on making such a great mod, can't wait to see Zandro servers using it! :mrgreen:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”