[WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXED]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Somagu

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.2 Released! [ALL OF THE FIXES]

Post by Somagu »

Oops. Sorry! I meant the revolver shotgun rounds. The normal alternate fire for Surfeit Torment, that fires spread shot. The third fire type consumes the second and third ammo types simultaneously, even if you only have the third type when you fire.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.3 Released! [AIM YOUR PULSAR-D

Post by TheRailgunner »

Somagu wrote:Oops. Sorry! I meant the revolver shotgun rounds. The normal alternate fire for Surfeit Torment, that fires spread shot. The third fire type consumes the second and third ammo types simultaneously, even if you only have the third type when you fire.
Shit - anyway, fixed.

EDIT: Also added the "empty GPMG" effect. Emptying the GPMG also switches to the last weapon you used before picking up/using the GPMG.

EDIT II:

The Pulsar-D can now be zoomed in with the Zoom key.

A new bug that I'm fairly certain is caused by dying and restarting from an level-start autosave (if not just dying and loading ANY save) causes monsters with headshot hitboxes to become immortal (they still react to pain, but otherwise do not die). Curiously enough, all of the examples I have on hand are from playing Alien Vendetta...
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

The D4 weapons looks a little bit weird in this mod.. just say
AdmiralAjax

Post by AdmiralAjax »

So at this point I've had to deal with several invincible Hellknights that when I would then try to use the BFG replacement against, it would cause a crash.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

AdmiralAjax wrote:So at this point I've had to deal with several invincible Hellknights that when I would then try to use the BFG replacement against, it would cause a crash.
Right now I don't actually know what causes this - it doesn't happen in Helsturm, for example, even though they use the same system. It may possibly be an issue with GZDoom (I'll see if it happens in Helsturm, being the control group for custom hitboxes - if it doesn't, it's faulty coding in The Trooper; if it does, it's a new bug, possibly relating to either SXF_SETMASTER or A_SetHealth...or, more likely, both).

As far as what causes the crash, likely repeated calls to A_SetHealth from the hitbox actor from the various different damage sources the Crimson Spectre projectile uses (a few A_Explode, some BFG sprays, and lots of p-randomly spawned explosions). I've seen the invincible HK exactly twice - once in BSTX, and another in a WAD I can't remember at the moment. Now that I think about it, it might also have to do with hitboxes lacking the GHOST flag (all of the weapons have +THRUGHOST because of the Demon Blood Sword's projectile reflection ability - if all else fails, I'll remove +THRUGHOST and the reflection ability, give +GHOST back to the hitboxes, and see if that does it).
AdmiralAjax

Post by AdmiralAjax »

The thing with all that is, that I've been coming across invincible Hellknights almost EVERY time I've played, with the only way to fix it being to completely start over, otherwise even dying doesn't reset whatever causes it to . And since I've been playing through DUMP 1 and 2 a lot, this is very annoying.
Lime

Post by Lime »

Hello!

- Man, The Bugs gone really wrong. Also, I been thinking about the Last Salvo and the Ariel Sharpshooter, the Sprites based on D4 Seems to be off.
@AdmiralAjax - Invincible Hellknights caused by the kind of build you use. Are you using stable or Dev builds? because when you use Dev build, It's fine (sometimes).

- I'll wait for new updates happen. just to be sure.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Enjoying the mod, only real nitpick is that the Last Salvo's pickup sprite looks like a normal rocket launcher even if the Gauss Cannon looks like it came off the Doom 4 set. Good gun though, much more imaginative than a normal rocket launcher.

Incidentally, was it always planned for the Last Salvo to become a Doom 4-expy weapon or was that recent?

Also, I can't the Quick Melee function you mentioned in your changelog anywhere in the control setup.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Gideon020 wrote:Enjoying the mod, only real nitpick is that the Last Salvo's pickup sprite looks like a normal rocket launcher even if the Gauss Cannon looks like it came off the Doom 4 set. Good gun though, much more imaginative than a normal rocket launcher.

Incidentally, was it always planned for the Last Salvo to become a Doom 4-expy weapon or was that recent?

Also, I can't the Quick Melee function you mentioned in your changelog anywhere in the control setup.
I always wanted it to be similar (or, rather, I wanted it a certain way that the D4 GC wound up being close enough to it to use), though I've been getting a LOT of flak for it. As far as quick-melee is concerned, knife melee binds to User 1 and the Demon Blood Sword binds to User 2 (these have to be configured in Options).

Also, I've reworked hitboxes on my end to be otherwise identical to their Helsturm counterparts (+GHOST), but the random invulnerable enemy still manages to spawn. I don't know what exactly causes this yet.
Lime wrote:Hello!

- Man, The Bugs gone really wrong. Also, I been thinking about the Last Salvo and the Ariel Sharpshooter, the Sprites based on D4 Seems to be off.
@AdmiralAjax - Invincible Hellknights caused by the kind of build you use. Are you using stable or Dev builds? because when you use Dev build, It's fine (sometimes).

- I'll wait for new updates happen. just to be sure.
Tested in the newest dev build - it still happens (Mancubus in AV map 02 - funny thing is, he died the first time through, but was invincible after the autosave loaded). I may well have to remove custom hitboxes - this random invincibility nonsense is bullshit. It wasn't happening when I pushed the update or during testing, and I don't know what the fuck I did to it to break it so badly. I've noticed that it only happens with certain enemies - Hell Knights, Mancubi, and Revenants, specifically - and almost always when an autosave is involved.

One difference between mook-level hitboxes and greater-demon-level ones is the health value it resets to; apparently zombie and imp boxes get reset to 10000 (this is so the hitbox doesn't die before the monster its attached to) while every other box gets reset to a much greater value (0x7FFFFFFF) - I'm gonna see if changing it fixes this.

EDIT: It does. I've uploaded the fixed version.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

TheRailgunner wrote: I always wanted it to be similar (or, rather, I wanted it a certain way that the D4 GC wound up being close enough to it to use), though I've been getting a LOT of flak for it. As far as quick-melee is concerned, knife melee binds to User 1 and the Demon Blood Sword binds to User 2 (these have to be configured in Options).
Do you know where in options I might be able to look? I should be able to figure it out if I know which direction to go in. :)

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. :D
Doomguy5th

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXE

Post by Doomguy5th »

I know I sound like an idiot when asking this, but will you do reload animations for these guns (as an addon or maybe as a server CVAR)? You've done a set of sprites for the reload of the Sokoa-46 in the very first release of this mod, but never used them.

Also check your PMs... I got your request from my ModDB thingy.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Railgunner, I've been meaning to ask but could I get a set of reload frames for the VSK-9? I'm asking because I'd like, with your permission of course, to use it as the new hud graphic for the SK-410 Archangel Shotgun in IR Mk.2
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Doomguy5th wrote:I know I sound like an idiot when asking this, but will you do reload animations for these guns (as an addon or maybe as a server CVAR)? You've done a set of sprites for the reload of the Sokoa-46 in the very first release of this mod, but never used them.

Also check your PMs... I got your request from my ModDB thingy.
Probably - I was considering having involuntary reloads (like the Duke3D pistol) for most of the weapons (with the exception of the Last Salvo, which reloads after every shot). They'll be relatively quick (a good comparison would be, say, GTA 5 reload speed with max stats, which is pretty fast). The sprites themselves are holdovers from Helsturm; the other weapons don't actually have reload animations, and the closest I've gotten so far is a couple of frames for a Surfeit Torment reload.

Also, don't remember making a request on ModDB, but my memory honestly isn't the best, so I could've just forgotten about it.
TiberiumSoul wrote:Railgunner, I've been meaning to ask but could I get a set of reload frames for the VSK-9? I'm asking because I'd like, with your permission of course, to use it as the new hud graphic for the SK-410 Archangel Shotgun in IR Mk.2
See above, but I'll get around to making reload frames soon. Other than that...go for it, I guess.
Doomguy5th

Post by Doomguy5th »

TheRailgunner wrote:Probably - I was considering having involuntary reloads (like the Duke3D pistol) for most of the weapons (with the exception of the Last Salvo, which reloads after every shot). They'll be relatively quick (a good comparison would be, say, GTA 5 reload speed with max stats, which is pretty fast). The sprites themselves are holdovers from Helsturm; the other weapons don't actually have reload animations, and the closest I've gotten so far is a couple of frames for a Surfeit Torment reload..
I see, also that's good to hear that the reloads would be very quick too. Noted you "kinda" made the reload for that Torment Revolver, and the iron sights + reload for the Sokoa 46 were in the mod at one point.

Was also hoping you would have a reload for the Pulsar-D by any chance...
TheRailgunner wrote:Also, don't remember making a request on ModDB, but my memory honestly isn't the best, so I could've just forgotten about it.
Eh, it was a comment regarding where you can find an updated version of my "submod" (which of course, still filling in missing credit slots). Now I got a message on my Facebook page (which is "Doomguy5th"), saying that you are TheeRailgunner.

EDIT: Never mind, it was someone on ModDB trying to impersonate you.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

So, I have a working reload animation for the Surfeit Torment - I haven't mirrored and recolored it for the Tunguska Event, but that's on the to-do list. Gotta do reloads for the VSK7, M97, N7, Pulsar-D, DGA-3, and GPMG (not including the secret StG-60 or possible reloads for the Sharpshooter Arm, XM27, or the Crimson Spectre). Also gave the AS-46 its reload back, albeit in much hastened fashion.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”