[WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXED]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.1.6 Released! [HUD UPDATE]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Somagu wrote:First impression is that the background light could stand to be a little less... bright? Not sure exactly what it needs, but that limey green/yellow isn't sitting right with me. I'll see if it grows on me.
How about...blue?
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Blue's gentler on the eyes, but you should probably take a lesson from the ammo counters and raise the contrast on the other hud elements against the background so they stick out more.
Also I found a glitch with the VSK7. If you switch to Slug shots, the alt-fire has infinite ammo for an explosive spread shot; found it because I picked up the weapon at the beginning of Doom 2 where it'd have no alt ammo to begin with.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

there's something about the BFG that makes it really ineffective against cyberdemons
i can dump all the ammo i have on one and still need to finish it off with bullets
also the alt-ammo switch sounds play twice for the tertiary ammo type and the shotgun's ammo swap gets jammed when switching unless you fire/ switch weapons
revolver is pretty cool now
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

RikohZX wrote:Blue's gentler on the eyes, but you should probably take a lesson from the ammo counters and raise the contrast on the other hud elements against the background so they stick out more.
Also I found a glitch with the VSK7. If you switch to Slug shots, the alt-fire has infinite ammo for an explosive spread shot; found it because I picked up the weapon at the beginning of Doom 2 where it'd have no alt ammo to begin with.
comet1338 wrote:there's something about the BFG that makes it really ineffective against cyberdemons
i can dump all the ammo i have on one and still need to finish it off with bullets
also the alt-ammo switch sounds play twice for the tertiary ammo type and the shotgun's ammo swap gets jammed when switching unless you fire/ switch weapons
revolver is pretty cool now
The altammo bug with shotguns has been fixed, as well as the switching sound playing multiple times. I may mess around with the remaining HUD elements (the arms bar numbers aren't supposed to stick out until you pick up weapons anyway).

I don't know why the BFG does so little damage to bosses, I need to read into it more.

Weapons now switch slightly faster - it should be a noticeable gameplay difference.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

TheRailgunner wrote: I don't know why the BFG does so little damage to bosses, I need to read into it more.
just slap +forceradiusdmg in the projectile to counter the +noradiusdmg flag that bosses have
it might become TOO powerul, but nothing some damagefactor tweaking can't fix
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

comet1338 wrote:
TheRailgunner wrote: I don't know why the BFG does so little damage to bosses, I need to read into it more.
just slap +forceradiusdmg in the projectile to counter the +noradiusdmg flag that bosses have
it might become TOO powerul, but nothing some damagefactor tweaking can't fix
I've given +forceradiusdmg and +nodamagethrust to the support projectiles and chain of explosions - Cyberdemons now fall to four direct hits with the Crimson Spectre.

The VSK7's altfire switch should no longer lock up.

EDIT: Fixed a bug where the Sokova 46's grenade didn't deal damage to the player. The Demon Blood Sword can now reflect projectiles.
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

You know what this mod can use? A TITLEPIC screen. Also is the quad damage replacing the blursphere? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing it as well since the hitscanners and projectile users seem hellbent on laying waste to me.

Also even tho you toned down the enemy aggression, where is it I change it, is it just the Refire stuff chance?
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Glaice wrote:You know what this mod can use? A TITLEPIC screen. Also is the quad damage replacing the blursphere? If so, I wouldn't mind seeing it as well since the hitscanners and projectile users seem hellbent on laying waste to me.

Also even tho you toned down the enemy aggression, where is it I change it, is it just the Refire stuff chance?
Quad Damage does replace the Blursphere - I'm thinking of replacing the Invulnerability sphere with something more fun.

It's mostly that enemies have a possible jump at the end of each See state loop that increases their aggression point-blank, with the refire more or less adding to it.

ImageImage
I've added a new ammo drop - Bullet Bags, which contain an assortment of normal (non-alternate) bullets for the Surfeit Torment, Sokova 46, Pulsar-D, and GPMG. Smaller bags occasionally replace clips while larger ones sometimes replace clipboxes.

The Sokova 46's damage has been increased slightly.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Fixed a bug with bullet bag spawn states crashing the game via a zero-tic-duration loop.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

The HUD is a little odd, try making the hologram parts transparent.
TheRailgunner

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.1.8 Released! [LEAD IS MY BREAD]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:The HUD is a little odd, try making the hologram parts transparent.
I've increased transparency in the HUD elements. I've also added the Francis-G8K assault rifle, which deals more damage than the Sokova 46 at a slightly lower rate of fire and greater bullet spread, but overall stays on target much more easily.

EDIT: I've added the XM27 Submachine Gun, a lightweight automatic weapon with an extremely high rate of fire. Occasionally spawning in the place of the clip, the XM27 is a slot 2 weapon.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

TheRailgunner wrote:
Carbine Dioxide wrote: I've added the XM27 Submachine Gun, a lightweight automatic weapon with an extremely high rate of fire. Occasionally spawning in the place of the clip, the XM27 is a slot 2 weapon.
Can it dual wield? 'cause dual wielding needs more love.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

This mod went from a weapon relplacement mod with basic stuff to this level of versatile semi-overpowered stuff right here ( Autoshotguns with explode shells, an explosive handgun that uses mini shotshells to blow shit up, and railguns that shoot explosive rounds, Please don't nerf this). I think this mod is going to get even better with new tools of destruction being released at a steady pace , thats if you plan on adding more things.

P.S. This mod has got me thinking about something weird so please feel free to correct me if i am wrong but is this mod a weapon testing ground for that Immensely Large Project you were planning?
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Do tell me not much changed under the monster DECORATE sections since 0.13? The download links still show an April date too and the same file name, should they not follow a version filename like the_trooper_v18 or something like that? Makes it easier to hold onto older files without overwriting the previous version.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Glaice wrote:Do tell me not much changed under the monster DECORATE sections since 0.13? The download links still show an April date too and the same file name, should they not follow a version filename like the_trooper_v18 or something like that? Makes it easier to hold onto older files without overwriting the previous version.
To be honest, I usually don't remember to update the "last updated" text with each update, which is probably something I should handle more promptly in the future. I usually don't apply the version name to the files themselves - hence thetrooper.pk3, helsturm.pk3, etc. Monster DECORATE hasn't really changed much since 0.1.3 either
The Thing Thing wrote:P.S. This mod has got me thinking about something weird so please feel free to correct me if i am wrong but is this mod a weapon testing ground for that Immensely Large Project you were planning?
Quite possibly, depending on which project you are referring to.

I may also be thinking about doing something with this weapon:

The Nishimura Seven Battle Rifle.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”