[WIP] The Trooper - 0.2.4.4 Released! [HITBOXES ARE FIXED]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Seidolon

Re: Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.x4 Released! [4 April 2016]

Post by Seidolon »

Alright, I made voxels for the explosive railgun and the revolver, so the previous download link should have them.

The railgun ammo crates don't give you the correct ammo btw. It's probably a result of this:

Code: Select all

ACTOR RailgunSlugBox : MagnumExplosive replaces RocketBox // inherits from MagnumExplosive instead of RailgunSlug
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Seidolon wrote:Alright, I made voxels for the explosive railgun and the revolver, so the previous download link should have them.

The railgun ammo crates don't give you the correct ammo btw. It's probably a result of this:

Code: Select all

ACTOR RailgunSlugBox : MagnumExplosive replaces RocketBox // inherits from MagnumExplosive instead of RailgunSlug
Huh, didn't notice that (probably because I used IDFA for testing, not even thinking about the possibility that I forgot something about ammo) - it's fixed.
Carbine Dioxide

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.x4 Released! [4 April 2016]

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Analysis on the Last Salvo.

It's a little odd in terms of design. I meant a plasmatic weapon, this seems more like a rifle that uses explosive bullets. I don't mind that, but the pickup sprite is not really accurate with the HUD sprite, unless there's a part of the pickup I'm not seeing on the HUD sprite.

Other than that, the Last Salvo feels awesome!
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Analysis on the Last Salvo.

It's a little odd in terms of design. I meant a plasmatic weapon, this seems more like a rifle that uses explosive bullets. I don't mind that, but the pickup sprite is not really accurate with the HUD sprite, unless there's a part of the pickup I'm not seeing on the HUD sprite.

Other than that, the Last Salvo feels awesome!
I've never really been much for the "energy beam" railgun - yeah, it's what I grew up with and all, but I've noticed that real-like railguns don't really function that way - the Halo 4 railgun is probably the best example of one I've seen in a first person shooter that gets it close to right. That said, I could argue that the thing on the left side of the gun isn't visible from the right-facing pickup sprite, but to be honest, I could've made a better, cooler looking pickup. I'll see what I can do about it before the day's over.

Maybe the projectile needs to move more quickly?
Carbine Dioxide

The thing about the HUD is that it has no scope, where would it be on the HUD?

Here's a concept, not much work was put into it as you can see.

TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:The thing about the HUD is that it has no scope, where would it be on the HUD?

Here's a concept, not much work was put into it as you can see.

Holy shit, that's pretty. Funny thing is, I revised the pickup:

I figured the scope would be out of frame, but now that I think about it, I like your version better. I suppose I could also omit the scope on the pickup, but I'm not entirely sure as yet.
Carbine Dioxide

You can keep the HUD sprite as is if you want, it looks bad ass already. I was just a little weirded out by the pickup. I like the bigger, bulkier look of the front now, and I honestly second the idea to just leave the scope out. I like big ol' rifles that are long ranged, but use no scope.

"Everyone looks like smashed ants from up here!" :twisted:

TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:You can keep the HUD sprite as is if you want, it looks bad ass already. I was just a little weirded out by the pickup. I like the bigger, bulkier look of the front now, and I honestly second the idea to just leave the scope out. I like big ol' rifles that are long ranged, but use no scope.

"Everyone looks like smashed ants from up here!" :twisted:
Right now I'm going with a scopeless pickup. In the mean time, the Last Salvo now functions slightly differently (the same effect...just a bit faster) and the Crimson Spectre is now widescreen friendly (it still cuts off, but past the widest point G/ZDoom can display).

Also, I've got something special in mind to replace the chainsaw - it's made out of demons' blood!

EDIT: Didn't see the pickup you posted. Now I've got to ponder this one...
Carbine Dioxide

Ooh, that chainsaw replacement sounds demonically juicy.

The OP did say it was handheld, so I tried to go for a more compact look.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Ooh, that chainsaw replacement sounds demonically juicy.

The OP did say it was handheld, so I tried to go for a more compact look.
Fair enough, though I do like stocks a lot:

At least this way the actual gun dwarfs the stock. I think I'm gonna roll with this one for now, it's probably the closest I've got to the actual HUD sprite anyhow.

EDIT: Fixed a couple of sounds not playing on pickup (Last Salvo and Crimson Spectre).
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doony

Post by doony »

this red magnum is addicting
I'm shooting the wall just for see the animation
like the super shotgun from golden souls 2, it have a very good animation too
Carbine Dioxide

Next to each other, the Last Salvo looks bigger than the Crimson Specter. I would either scale the LS down or scale the CS up.
TheRailgunner

Re: Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.x5 Released! [5 April 2016]

Post by TheRailgunner »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Next to each other, the Last Salvo looks bigger than the Crimson Specter. I would either scale the LS down or scale the CS up.
Fair enough - the CS has been scaled to 1, while the remaining weapons are scaled to 0.75.

On another note, I've replaced the Chainsaw. I think it'll explain itself well enough.
Gabbuz85

Re: Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.x5 Released! [5 April 2016]

Post by Gabbuz85 »

TheRailgunner wrote:On another note, I've replaced the Chainsaw. I think it'll explain itself well enough.
WOW, when you speak of the demon's blood I did not imagine that you meant THAT sword :shock:
Did you know what time is it? :wink:
Spoiler:
Carbine Dioxide

Re: [WIP] The Trooper - 0.x5 Released! [5 April 2016]

Honestly, the chainsaw replacement switches a bit slow compared to the others. I don't really know how much damage it does, I just tested it on imps and zombies. It seems as though it should have more range. Also, the effect it plays on the walls does not play on monsters, is this intentional?

Also, it'd be cool if you could use it as a hotkey for a quick melee, or some kind of Demonsteele styled melee. :wub:

"This party's getting crazy!" - Dante/Male Hae Lin

Return to “Gameplay Mods”