[Add-On] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (V4) FINALLY.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Add-On] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (V4) FINALLY.

Post by DoomKrakken »

Huh... I never thought of doing that...

Sounds cool. That may come out in another release... (gotta dust that damn mod off, I haven't worked on it in ages...)

Thanks for the suggestion!!! :D
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Thank you for considering the idea! :D

Even if you simply copy-paste a general imp gore explosion for all monsters, that would still be awesome and satisfying enough to matter.

I can explain some basics I was able to notice while looking through the "DECORATE.DoomMonsters" file, which is the only file you'll need to work with. Heres a sample of a basic gore definition. Almost 90% is just a straight fire-and-forget copy-paste without too much fiddling needed. Only a few parts need a little replaced text.

Code: Select all

//===========================================================================
//
// Imp
//
//===========================================================================
ACTOR BrutalizedImp: DoomImp Replaces DoomImp
{
Bloodtype "Brutal_Blood"
GibHealth 15
	States
	{
	Death:
		TROO I 8 A_CustomMissile ("Brutal_Blood", 48, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		TROO J 8 A_Scream
		TROO K 6
		TROO L 6 A_NoBlocking
		TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("GrowingBloodPool", 0, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		TROO M -1
		Stop
	XDeath:
		 TNT1 AAAAAA 0 A_CustomMissile ("CeilBloodLauncherLong", 0, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (50, 130))
		 TNT1 AA 0 A_CustomMissile ("XDeath1", 32, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		 TNT1 AA 0 A_CustomMissile ("XDeath2", 32, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		 TNT1 AA 0 A_CustomMissile ("XDeath3", 32, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		 TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("XDeath4", 32, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		 TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("XDeath5", 32, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		 TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("Brains3", 40, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (-5, 5))
		 TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("XDeathOrgan1", 40, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (-5, 5))
		 TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("XDeathOrgan2", 40, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (-5, 5))
		 TNT1 AAAA 0 A_CustomMissile ("SmallBrainPiece", 32, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		 TNT1 AAAAAAAA 0 A_CustomMissile ("SuperWallRedBlood", 40, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (-5, 5))
		 TNT1 AAAA 0 A_CustomMissile ("Instestin", 32, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		 TNT1 AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0 A_CustomMissile ("Bloodmist", 35, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		 TNT1 AAAAAA 0 bright A_CustomMissile ("SuperGoreSpawner", 32, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (50, 130))
		XMED A 5 A_Stop
		XMED B 5 A_XScream
		XMED C 5
		XMED D 5 A_NoBlocking
		XMED E 5
		TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("BigBloodSpot", 4, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		XMED E -1
		Stop
	Crush:
	TNT1 A 0 A_PlaySound("misc/xdeath4")
	TNT1 AAAAAAAAAAAAA 0 A_CustomMissile ("Bloodmist", 0, random (-30, 30), random (0, 360), 2, random (1, 45))
	TNT1 AA 0 A_CustomMissile ("XDeath2", 0, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
	TNT1 AA 0 A_CustomMissile ("XDeath1", 0, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
	TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("Brains3", 0, random (-30, 32), random (0, 360), 2, random (-5, 5))
	POL5 EEEEE 1 A_CustomMissile ("CeilBloodLauncherLong", 0, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (50, 130))
	TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("BigBloodSpot", 0, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
	POL5 E -1
	Stop	
	}
}
First, theres the monstername:

ACTOR BrutalizedImp: DoomImp Replaces DoomImp
Change that to:

ACTOR Brutalized[MonsterNameHere]: [MonsterNameHere] Replaces [MonsterNameHere]
Next, theres the:

GibHealth 15
I noticed its different for monsters, depending on how tough they are.

Zombie = GibHealth 15
SZombie = GibHealth 15
CGZombie = GibHealth 15
Imp = GibHealth 15
Demon = GibHealth 25
Baron = GibHealth 30
Cacodemon = GibHealth 30
Mancubus = GibHealth 30
Spider Mastermind = N/A
Cyberdemon = N/A
Basically, I think if you set "GibHealth = 20", I think it will be perfect for all monsters (except bosses like Mastermind and Cyberdemon, which don't have this value at all) all the same.

Finally, theres the 4-letter sprite name:

Death:
		TROO I 8 A_CustomMissile ("Brutal_Blood", 48, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		TROO J 8 A_Scream
		TROO K 6
		TROO L 6 A_NoBlocking
		TNT1 A 0 A_CustomMissile ("GrowingBloodPool", 0, 0, random (0, 360), 2, random (0, 90))
		TROO M -1
		Stop
Notice the TROO (Imp's sprite name). I don't fully know if its 100% necessary to change, but it seems every monster has their own sprite name at these spots, so I guess you'll need to replace those with the custom monster's own 4 letter sprite name.

Thats all.
The rest is straight up copy paste, except I did notice some monsters lacking an XDeath state, such as the Mastermind and Cyberdemon, meaning you'll need to remove the usual Death state code and simply rename XDeath to replace the Death you just removed. I'm not 100% familiar with any of the code or why this works, so maybe some monsters might have some things that need a bit of a unique touch. Thankfully, by looking at the DECORATE.DoomMonsters's gore definitions for each particular monster, I think it will be easy to figure out if any custom tweaking may be necessary for any particular monster.

If you feel really fancy, you can add/remove certain gore pieces for each monsters, but I think its not really that necessary, considering how many monsters there are and how a general Imp's gore is effective for almost all monsters universally.

Ketchup v5.1 is available here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/a ... -gore-mod/

And the only thing you'd need to release is the modified DECORATE.DoomMonsters file.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I need no explanation... I already know how to do the code... it's exactly the way I was able to do this monster randomizer.

Though I thank you for showing me anyway... :)
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Alright, no problem.
I have no clue how busy or interested you are, so I'm just trying to facilitate this as much as possible, since I really want to play your mod with all the gore from ketchup! :D
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

:)

Sorry to say, it probably won't be coming as soon. I've a bit of a one-track mind. Currently, I'm working on making Brutal Doom (Monsters Only) compatible with Guncaster... in its current state, Brutal Doom (Monsters Only) is playable with Guncaster, but it's not entirely compatible with Guncaster, since monsters won't have the pain/death states that are given to monsters in Guncaster. Not to mention, there's a whole bunch of stuff that could be improved when putting the two together (such as having a monster go to a Death.Desintegrate (sic) animation when killed by Tiberium, BlueTiberium, Flesh, or Gumpop damage (with Gumpop expanding the actor before going to Death.Desintegrate), or having a monster go to its Death.SSG state instead of its XDeath state when killed by SuperCloseCombat or SuperShoelaces damage). And then there's making sure that the "last stand" and "dying" monsters are compatible with said deathtypes, and making sure that every monster drops dosh. On top of all of that, I need to make sure that every single corpse can be blasted with corpseblast.

Fortunately, I'm almost done with all of that, though... I just gotta work on the "Last Stand" monsters and burning people, plus a few minor tweaks here and there.

After that, I wanted to modify the new version of Trailblazer to my own personal tastes... probably by adding tracer projectiles to all the hitscan weapons, for starters.

On top of all of that, I've a lot of schoolwork to do. Interestingly enough... I'm making a set of invasion-style maps for a school project. XD

So... I'm thinking that I might get to this during Winter Break (mid December). Sorry for the inconvenience.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Wow thats a lot of stuff you've got under work, I can totally respect that.

All those projects sound like things I'm interested in too. Do you have some sort of news feed, like twitter or should I just follow your threads via zdoom forum's profile page?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

It's actually a lot less than it sounds...

... or not... it probably is just as complex as it sounds. That's what three months of work will do... XD

No, I don't really have a news feed. For now, this is my only mod. My personal edits to Guncaster and Trailblazer are just that... personal. PillowBlaster has made it very clear that he does not want any submods based off of his projects to be released, most especially for Guncaster (not to mention, I never really wanted to release a submod, though I would like my stuff to be shown). Half of the reason why I'm working on the Brutal Guncaster Patch is so that I can give it to loismustdie555, so that he can use that as a base to make Project Brutality totally compatible with Guncaster (the other half is because I've wanted Brutal Guncaster for so long).

So, for now, just follow my threads. :)
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Alright, will do. Thank you. : )
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Brutal or not, this mod is great with Trailblazer as it makes it seem more like an invasion from hell, or the machinations of Vladimir Vladimir. :D
mutator

Post by mutator »

Does this mod have 100% compatibility version of monsters for trailblazer?and does any monster drop backpack.?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

:D

Well... the mod is still not oriented with Trailblazer, but it's totally playable with Trailblazer. Since Trailblazer doesn't have any modifications to monsters (only to pickups that are spawned), then I would think that it's automatically compatible with the vanilla monster pack.

Steel Sentinels always drop backpacks upon death. I know that Dune Warriors have a chance of dropping backpacks in the Guncaster patch, but I don't think they drop backpacks in the vanilla version (nor do I feel like checking that right now XD).
mutator

Post by mutator »

DoomKrakken wrote::D

Well... the mod is still not oriented with Trailblazer, but it's totally playable with Trailblazer. Since Trailblazer doesn't have any modifications to monsters (only to pickups that are spawned), then I would think that it's automatically compatible with the vanilla monster pack.

Steel Sentinels always drop backpacks upon death. I know that Dune Warriors have a chance of dropping backpacks in the Guncaster patch, but I don't think they drop backpacks in the vanilla version (nor do I feel like checking that right now XD).
Steel sentinels are in vanilla monster pack or steel sentinel and dune warriors are both in guncaster patch?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

All the monsters that are in the vanilla version are also in the Guncaster patch. They behave a bit differently, though.
mutator

Post by mutator »

So you can play trailblazer with guncaster patch? because in vanilla version none of monsters drop backpack and sometimes finding backpack can be issue since some levels don't have any... the reason why I'm obsessed with backpacks is because trailblazer mod require blueprint upgrades for really good upgrades but they unfortunately only spawn with backpacks
mutator

Post by mutator »

also sadly monsters don't drop much things in vanilla pack... I'm running out of ammo quickly since some are tough that's why it would be great if you add backpacks to vanilla as well

Return to “Gameplay Mods”