[Add-On] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer (V4) FINALLY.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Add-On] Guncaster Monster Pack (V2.1)

Post by DoomKrakken »

Holy cow... that was embarrassing.

Yeah, the link would have given you V1... wow. I can't believe this slipped me.

Thanks for pointing this out! :D
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
baddude1337

Re: [Add-On] Guncaster Monster Pack (V2.1)

Post by baddude1337 »

Haha, cool, glad you sorted it now.

Been doing a play through of Scythe 2 with 2.1. Been great fun so far and feels a lot more balanced with the nerfs you did to the units. It's a lot more enjoyable now, while still helping balance out you being too powerful with your abilities. Oh, and the huge variety is also nice. Definitely a permanent add on to Guncaster for me!

Thanks for all our work on the enemy pack.
DoomKrakken

[URGENT QUESTION!] [Add-On] Guncaster Monster Pack (V2.1)

Post by DoomKrakken »

You're welcome!

Glad to have finally made something that people would enjoy... :D

BUMP: Ok, I'm almost done with this next version. Just need to tie up some loose ends (mainly trying to find a way for Korax to launch Korax Bolts without using A_KoraxCommand...)

But anyway, I was wondering if it would be okay with you guys if I gave some of the monsters extra health and/or extra attacks (such as the Chaos Serpents... those things seem too weak, especially compared to D'Sparil's Chaos Serpent... D'Sparil himself could use some extra moves, I think... and maybe Zedek, Menelkir, and Traductus could also use the other three weapons available to the classes they represent). I'm still probably going to do it anyway, regardless of the feedback, but your feedback will help me determine how many monsters should get such changes and the degree of such changes.

Respond ASAP.
The Nameless Watcher

Re: [URGENT QUESTION!] [Add-On] Guncaster Monster Pack (V2.1

Post by The Nameless Watcher »

Varied behavior and attacks are always appreciated. You already know how I feel about health, but if I don't like it I can edit their health myself
DoomKrakken

Re: [URGENT QUESTION!] [Add-On] Guncaster Monster Pack (V2.1

Post by DoomKrakken »

Ok.

The Chaos Serpents can fall in one or two Strucker shots, which I don't like. I say they should each have as much health as an Arachnotron or Bruiser Knight, at least, or have as much health as a Baron, at most. Something to put them on par with the original Chaos Serpent...

The three class bosses don't attack often enough, nor are they tough enough... and they're just one-trick ponies.

Korax moves way too slowly. The Heresiarch moves at a satisfactory pace, but I could have him move faster.

And then there are other things... but these are some of the things I can do.
DoomKrakken

Re: [Add-On] Guncaster Monster Pack (V3): IT'S GAME TIME!

Post by DoomKrakken »

(LE GASP) (LE GASP AGAIN) (LE GASPING...)

BWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRN! (imitating MLG Airhorn)

ANNOUNCING GUNCASTER MONSTER PACK VERSION 3! NOW INCLUDING HEXEN/HERETIC MONSTERS!

Plus a couple new Doom monsters made their way into the mod now... ;)

A couple of them have new attacks, but they won't be spoiled in the OP. Enjoy!
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

perhaps i could be of some assistance with the lookalike?
A Preview.
A Preview.
BLDVA1.png (2.85 KiB) Viewed 2527 times
BloodDevourer.zip
And here is the whole sprite set Includes XDeath frames.
(192.29 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Nice! Looks like I'll be restarting my play through of Sunlust with the new monster pack! Now I just have to hope the working afternoon goes quickly...

How many of the Heretic/Hexen enemies have been added? I assume they have had their attacks tweaked too?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

TiberiumSoul wrote:perhaps i could be of some assistance with the lookalike?
BLDVA1.png
BloodDevourer.zip
I remember this thing from Insanity's Requiem! I was considering getting all of those monsters for a Project MSX monster mod... and maybe a spinoff version of the Guncaster Monster Pack.

Is the XDeath the same as in Insanity's Requiem?
baddude1337 wrote:Nice! Looks like I'll be restarting my play through of Sunlust with the new monster pack! Now I just have to hope the working afternoon goes quickly...

How many of the Heretic/Hexen enemies have been added? I assume they have had their attacks tweaked too?
Never heard of Sunlust. Just looked it up. IT LOOKS SUPER AWESOME. Thanks for showing me! Now I'm playing it! :D

All of the Heretic enemies are added. All of the Hexen enemies except for the Lurker are added as well (it'd just be weird to have a landswimmer in the mod, as only God and Chuck Norris can do that).

Chaos Serpents have enhanced health. Korax has enhanced health, moves faster, attacks way more frequently, and does something cool when he does his Command script (hint... MINIONS!). D'Sparil has extra health in both forms and attacks way more frequently. While the others are totally untouched, some of the monsters spawn in packs of three (such as a pack of three Slaughtaurs replacing a Bruiser Baron). So, no... they don't have any tweaked attacks. The closest thing to a tweaked attack that I implemented was for Korax.

EDIT: Important note... I hadn't replaced the Phase Imp with the "DarkImp" randomspawner actor. In order to fix this, go to the actor definition of "DoomImpReplacer", find "PhaseImp", and replace it with "DarkImp". Fix will be implemented in the next release.

EDIT 2: Another important note... with the Void Dark Imp, in the Guncaster version, I had forgotten to implement Corpseblast scripts in its Death and XDeath states, and they had no ending to them (such as Goto, Stop, or Loop), so they would always jump to raise, and it would raise, and it would be invincible, and drop off of stuff, and pass through you... and all that jazz. Fix will be implemented in the next release.

EDIT 3: Incorrect frame used for Nether Dark Imp in Guncaster version, when looping for Corpseblast. Fix will be implemented in the next release.
Last edited by DoomKrakken on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Is there any chance of the standard pinkie getting one of those custom XDeath animations in any future updates or is it already in there and I'm just not doing enough damage?? :?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

If you look in Demon Eclipse, Eriance had supplied a bunch of monsters (including the Pinky) with XDeath animations. Maybe, in a future update, I'll use those... along with other monsters from there!
LolwellunTeapot

Post by LolwellunTeapot »

Version 3 changelog?
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Nope. Too lazy to make changelogs.

I'll tell you what I can remember, though...

- Added Paladin
- Added Devil Imp
- Added a pack of four Dark Imps
- Added Phantom
- Imported sprites/sounds from Hexen/Heretic, so now ALL of those monsters (except for Lurkers) are in the game.
- Overhauled monster spawners
- Granted Satyr a leap attack (shamelessly ripped from the Project MSX Mauler's DECORATE code)
- Gave the Satyr XDeath sprite frames (courtesy of Finalizer), and changed its Gumpop death to incorporate the XDeath sprites.
- Renamed "Hellion" to "Scorcher" and made its walking animations slightly faster, thereby increasing its walking speed.
- Redid the Kamikaze's death scripts so that it actually does "Sovereign" damage (which Cygnis is resistant to).
- Made it so that the skull that the Fury Bruiser drops turns into a Phantom.
- Nerfed some of the super zombies (Dreadful, Ironblast, Strucker, Cauterizer, Sovereign) to have less health, and drop less ammo upon death, and have a small chance of dropping the weapon they're holding (except for Strucker Zombie... he always drops a Strucker).
- Debuffed Soul Harvester. Can only release three Soul Harvester Projectiles upon death only if it's his XDeath. Be warned, certain Damagetypes now ensure its XDeath.
- Buffed Chaos Serpents' health.
- Buffed D'Sparil and his serpent's health, and made them attack more frequently.
- Buffed Korax's health, adjusted PainChance to 0 (except for weapons that deal "Normal" damage), adjusted attack frequency, increased the efficacy of his damage resistances, gave him a new move... where he can summon minions.
- Reinstated Heresiarch's reflective properties.

That's all my tired little brain can remember right now.
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Nice to see Heretic/Hexen monsters.

Also nice to see that the monster pack is now more balanced..........but those damn Cauterizer Zombies..........nnngh.....
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

IKR? Old Dreadful Zombies are even worse.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”