[3DGE] Immoral Conduct 2 RELOADED

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

[3DGE] Immoral Conduct 2 RELOADED

Post by CeeJay »

An unofficial semi/spiritual sequel to Cory Whittle's legendary IMMORAL CONDUCT. Like it's predecessor it follows a military/urban theme and to a lesser extent 1980's action movies. You won't find any sci-fi or overly fantastical weapons here. There is more focus on strategy and tactics and reloading is a thing so you'll need to be conservative, thoughtful as well as constantly on your toes. There is, however, a large amount of creative weapons and equipment at your disposal and most of which have secondary attacks and some have alternate versions (such as suppressed pistol, explosive shotgun rounds, etc.).

Action 1 and Action 2 keys activates Field Dressing and Sentry Turrets, respectively, when these are available.

Requires 3DGE 2.1.0 Test 3 or higher (find Test 3 here: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=45661&start=645)

Weapons/equipment
Spoiler:
Screenshots
Spoiler:
Download
RELOADED Edition (1.0): http://www.mediafire.com/file/zzl3ytcp7 ... reload.zip

Credits
Spoiler:
Last edited by CeeJay on Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:53 am, edited 47 times in total.
Coraline

Re: [3DGE] Immoral Conduct 2: Riot Instigator (1st public be

Post by Coraline »

Wow, very awesome. I'm seriously digging the resurgence that 3DGE has had lately, I'll be sure to sticky a topic at the 3DGE forums as well! Feel free to add it to the Wiki also.

Downloading!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [3DGE] Immoral Conduct 2: Riot Instigator (first public

Post by wildweasel »

I'm pretty impressed! You set yourself a seriously lofty goal by naming this after the first truly amazing gameplay mod out there, and you're pretty close to realizing that goal. I think that my biggest complaints are that the enemies don't seem as dangerous as they did in the original ICD, and that the weapons reload just a little bit too quickly, especially the shotguns and the grenade launcher.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

Judging by the screenshots, This is kinda fantastic.
also the Dual Hardballers.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

The only things that felt off are the shotguns, its mostly just the sprites

but everything is hella fun and feels hella like icd too! great job!
zZaRDoZz

Post by zZaRDoZz »

First public use of quake3 baby shaders in a 3dge mod? If so, congrats, they are prittay! Agreeing with ww on the baddies badassness, they could use a little boost.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Didn't Cory not want his stuff used? I mean, even if he's been out of contact and his resources have been used, straight up making a sequel to his mod seems to go too far...
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

wildweasel wrote:I'm pretty impressed! You set yourself a seriously lofty goal by naming this after the first truly amazing gameplay mod out there, and you're pretty close to realizing that goal. I think that my biggest complaints are that the enemies don't seem as dangerous as they did in the original ICD, and that the weapons reload just a little bit too quickly, especially the shotguns and the grenade launcher.
They reload fast in an attempt to not slow down gameplay too much. But I can always slow it down. I could make the enemies a little tougher as well.
chronoteeth wrote:The only things that felt off are the shotguns, its mostly just the sprites

but everything is hella fun and feels hella like icd too! great job!
Probably because you're used to seeing the eject chamber on the other side of the shotgun. In reality, this is the correct side.
TheMightyHeracross wrote:Didn't Cory not want his stuff used? I mean, even if he's been out of contact and his resources have been used, straight up making a sequel to his mod seems to go too far...
He didn't like anyone to copy his code, but that was about it. Chill, dude. It's just a mod. Reason I call it IC2 is because it bears some striking resemblance and uses some (much updated) sprites from it. With included credits, of course.

EDIT: I will edit and tweak enemies and projectiles around along with other stuff I had originally planned. After around six months of work on this, I guess I got a little lazy but it is still technically the most advanced mod i've done so far.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

its not that, the sprites are so overused that even a tweaked one like different eject part are just tiresome, and that ssg hasnt aged well

i know you're keeping in the spirit of icd, but you can still maintain that feel of the sprites whilst getting new stuff!
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Hey, i'm open to suggestions.

Keep in mind that this IS a beta.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah in all honesty, if ALL the sprites in this mod could be as sexy as the ones for the pistols, I'd be one seriously happy camper.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

I can't seem to reload the shotgun manually, I have to fire all it's loaded ammo then autoreload, seems like a bug! Pretty cool for a surprise beta though, I'm enjoying all the EDGE stuff everyone is doing lately.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

JimmyJ wrote:I can't seem to reload the shotgun manually, I have to fire all it's loaded ammo then autoreload, seems like a bug!
Because 3DGE has its own built-in reload logic that assumes an instant reload, many 3DGE mods do "fake" shotgun-style reloading by animating every individual shell to be inserted into the gun. Enabling manual reloading means that, even if you've only fired one shell, the reload animation would still depict all eight shells being inserted. Very inconvenient.

Of course, manual reloading wasn't even originally a thing in old EDGE versions; ICD-SE was designed for 1.27, before a manual reload button was even thought of.
doony

Post by doony »

this engine is very interesting, it have this more blood option, its cool, I think I already get used to shotgun slow reload
this makes the game pretty hard imo, great work, suggestions? I love the original hud, if you could add as optional I would be very appreciated
LanHikariDS

Post by LanHikariDS »

AMT Hardballer? Huh, I guessed it was a 1911, they look pretty similar.
Anyways, mod looks really fun.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”