[Hiatus] Cold Hard Cash 2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Silentdarkness12

Re: [WIP] Cold Hard Cash 2 - Coming together nicely!

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I know you're intending to wait a bit on addressing the balance issues, Wildweasel, but I thought I might just highlight what I found to be some of the more basic problems.

-Honestly, I think that the items are either too expensive, or enemies do not drop nearly enough money. It's far too common for me, to find myself struggling to stay equipped enough to constantly take on the low-level enemies at the start. The hitscans really are rather ridiculous at times.
-The default pistol's sound sure is beefy as all heck, but wow it does not do as much damage as I would think from the sound. Maybe that's just me being nitpicky, but that just struck me as somewhat odd.
-I think that this is another gameplay mod that does not fit certain mapsets. I think that a cvar should be added here to have the player start off with a certain amount of credits. That way, the player actually has a chance against certain mapsets that presume you'll be able to get the ultra-powerful guns at their respective time periods.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Silentdarkness12 wrote:I know you're intending to wait a bit on addressing the balance issues, Wildweasel, but I thought I might just highlight what I found to be some of the more basic problems.

-Honestly, I think that the items are either too expensive, or enemies do not drop nearly enough money. It's far too common for me, to find myself struggling to stay equipped enough to constantly take on the low-level enemies at the start. The hitscans really are rather ridiculous at times.
[...]
-I think that this is another gameplay mod that does not fit certain mapsets. I think that a cvar should be added here to have the player start off with a certain amount of credits. That way, the player actually has a chance against certain mapsets that presume you'll be able to get the ultra-powerful guns at their respective time periods.
Both of these will eventually be addressed in the form of difficulty settings; I plan on making them adjust both starting cash and a multiplier for how much cash enemies will drop. This isn't going to happen until I've got everything in, though, and prices are certainly not finalized.
-The default pistol's sound sure is beefy as all heck, but wow it does not do as much damage as I would think from the sound. Maybe that's just me being nitpicky, but that just struck me as somewhat odd.
I honestly feel like it's fine, but we'll see if I continue feeling the same way once things are more fleshed out.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Well, today's been a day full of progress, as well as creative reuse of old resources. Two (technically three!) weapons were added to the ww-cash2 arsenal; all of them being modified versions of stuff from ww-terror: the Heavy Machine Gun (a slowed-down variant of the Black Boar), the Grenade Launcher, and the Electric Grenades. In addition, more of the vending machine menus got cleaned up, there are more icons present, and in most instances of cash spawns, there is now an equal chance of them dropping money or their respective ammo types.

We're still not quite "fully playable," but this is still something.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

wildweasel wrote:the Heavy Machine Gun, the Grenade Launcher
Yholl foams at the mouth with happiness
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So you said you're not taking any weapon suggestions, but would you possibly take a original weapon sprite submission?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Crudux Cruo wrote:So you said you're not taking any weapon suggestions, but would you possibly take a original weapon sprite submission?
It really depends, honestly. The less work it takes to implement, the better, but quality is also a huge concern, even at this early stage.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Certainly. I'll see what I can cook up.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

By the way, here is a very useful resource for making sprites. http://www.3dcadbrowser.com/3dmodels.aspx?category=63

you can actually view these free models in 3d in your browser, providing perspective unattainable through pictures alone. just incase you were spriting new stuff.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

These would be nice if I had any way to alter the models, but the web viewer doesn't do the kinds of perspectives I'd need, and none of them seem to have textures or animation. I tend to go for stuff from gamebanana.com if I need models of real-world weapons; then it's only a matter of loading them in Jed's HLMV, "removing" the hands through additive translucency, adjusting the origins, and snapshotting the gun-poses that I need.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

but thats cheating :P
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Crudux Cruo wrote:but thats cheating :P
Well, let me put it this way: making a usable Doom sprite out of a CAD model takes, arguably, a lot more work than I'd care to put into one gun.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Here's a start to my mad quest at making another deagle.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

since you're using realistic sprites, ALA resident evil and the older fallout games, if you ever need more good sprites, apparently the inventory icons from both RE5 and 6 were recently ripped on spriters resource. Lotta gold and gems there

BUT ANYWHO the only thing thats kinda jarring for me is the "extreme weapon origin difference". Yes they're side view but one is far off to the side whilst the next is almost center aimed, one is much lower and another is held much higher, model rips still stick out like a sore thumb even when tweaked against sprites, ect
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Sounds like kestrel1.ogg has come weird clicketyclacks going. Probably not something you'd notice ingame, but still. :P
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Here's a redone perspective that will be a little bit better hopefully.
Attachments
deagle2.png

Return to “Gameplay Mods”