[3DGE] "Blitzkrieg!" WWII/Wolf3D mod (enemy tracer attacks)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: [3DGE] "Blitzkrieg!" WWII/Wolf3D gameplay mod (2017)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

*reads dates*

Oh, shit.

*whistles a song*
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] "Blitzkrieg!" WWII/Wolf3D gameplay mod

Post by CeeJay »

Been working (slowly) on a revamped edition of the mod. Larger arsenal (16) complete with reloading and various effects, replaced/improved enemies, extended/improved HUD, etc. See first post for what to expect. 8-)

Release has, however, been delayed due to issues with recent versions of 3DGE. :cry:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Wonderful! This was a major inspiration for Kriegsland. Can't wait to see the new version.

Edit: two things. Since you're using the WSJ's black sniper, i got a full sheet I've made for him in my resources thread. It's yours along with everything there.

2: can i use those grenadier sprites?
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Psyched for the new version! Always loved the "Wolf 3D but more realistic" style of this mod.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

GAA1992 wrote:Wonderful! This was a major inspiration for Kriegsland. Can't wait to see the new version.

Edit: two things. Since you're using the WSJ's black sniper, i got a full sheet I've made for him in my resources thread. It's yours along with everything there.

2: can i use those grenadier sprites?
I'm currently using an alternate sniper but I might change back. As for the grenadier, it's only two additional frames (attack) copy-n-pasted by myself from other sprites. Standing/walking/pain and death are still the Heer infantry by WSJ. So credits to him, me and Laz Rojas I believe (grenadier from Operation: Rheingold).

EDIT: With your permission, I will certainly use one of the kriegsmariner sprites to replace the officer in Operation: Arctic Wolf Redux. Would make it a little more authentic.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sure! I may even enhance those sprites, as soon as i can. If i manage to do it I'll pm them for you.
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] "Blitzkrieg!" WWII/Wolf3D mod revamped edition

Post by CeeJay »

Well, as promised here is the revamped edition of the mod: http://www.mediafire.com/file/c898368v5 ... blitz2.epk

Basically combining Wolfenstein 3D and DOOM with GoldenEye 007-esque gameplay.

A little overdue, but I hope you guys find the wait worth it. Enjoy!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I can't seem to play this. I am using WinXPSP3 and there's a load of dll's missing in my 3DGE folder. I am (trying) to use the 2.1.0 version.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Well, I seem to have gotten random enemy spawning working (more or less) so I've updated the mod with a ton of new enemies and variations. First post updated.
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

GAA1992 wrote:I can't seem to play this. I am using WinXPSP3 and there's a load of dll's missing in my 3DGE folder. I am (trying) to use the 2.1.0 version.
I'm not sure if you managed to get this running yet but if you haven't, I used the latest Dev Build from here:

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/3dge/

Also, just wanted to say, great update CeeJay
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

No. It's missing lots of DLL files for me (i've downloaded it again just to be sure). =/

Maybe because of the OS?
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I wouldn't know i'm afraid. Have you tried an earlier version/build of the engine?
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] "Blitzkrieg!" WWII/Wolf3D mod (enemy tracer attac

Post by CeeJay »

Seeing as the majority of enemies were hitscan-based I decided to create a form of tracer (aka really fast projectile), it is still a little experimental but it does provide the player with the ability to dodge shots and tell where they are coming from. Also included is a few new enemies, a better looking and animated MP 40 and other variable fixes and additions.

Get psyched!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Forgot to answer your last question. Yes, i've tried to use older versions, unfortunately.

I think the best option would be to PM Coralina and ask if she knows what could be the real problem, given she knows lots about 3DGE.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Unfortunately new builds of EDGE are no longer supportive of Windows XP so you will have to either upgrade to Vista and beyond or use EDGE 2.0

Return to “Gameplay Mods”