Faspons [JULY 20 2023] - Now Monster Pack Compatible!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
JimpArgon

Re: Faspons [REL: JUL 04 / DEV: AUG 06]

Post by JimpArgon »

The "NC Hud - Faspons Patch" does not work anymore either. Unless that one too requires a base mod like the UDV does.
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

JimpArgon wrote:The "NC Hud - Faspons Patch" does not work anymore either. Unless that one too requires a base mod like the UDV does.
Yeah, that one requires the main NC Hud PK3.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

could you link the sources to the required files needed for the addons on the main post?
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

JimpArgon wrote:could you link the sources to the required files needed for the addons on the main post?
Done and done.
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

many thanks
faslrn

Re: Faspons [REL: AUG 06 / DEV: AUG 09]

Post by faslrn »

Quick update:

Code: Select all

- Fixed Ketchup V5 mod add-on
- Merged latest DEV into REL
- DEV: Added smoother grenade throw transitions from weapons
Lime

Post by Lime »

Hello!

- Welcome Back! I tested the new version with the ketchup mod, but something seems a bit Odd. for example, When you use the shotgun, their guts explode. Shotguns doesn't make enemies goes boom, sometimes they just bleed. It's like you change the code for Shotguns gore to 100%. can you fix it?

P.S - Also Tekish tweaked the HXRTC Hud 7.0 (By Herexeticdoom). could you add that in your main post?
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Lime wrote:Hello!

- Welcome Back! I tested the new version with the ketchup mod, but something seems a bit Odd. for example, When you use the shotgun, their guts explode. Shotguns doesn't make enemies goes boom, sometimes they just bleed. It's like you change the code for Shotguns gore to 100%. can you fix it?

P.S - Also Tekish tweaked the HXRTC Hud 7.0 (By Herexeticdoom). could you add that in your main post?
Hey Lime! I fixed the Ketchup mod. Looks like I went paste happy with some of the states, but I fixed it all up!

I'll look into the HXRTC hud and make a patch for it. Oh, looks like someone already made a patch. Well I'll be... I'll have to look into it to make sure it still works!

Done and done! Even made a small mod to it to make sure it notifies the user to reload the minigun when it runs dry. Added to the OP!
Baconator

Post by Baconator »

Sometimes when pinkie charges he does not seem to be hit by riotgun even when the crosshair is right in the middle of sprite.
No blood splats either. Have not tested other guns.
Maybe I am hallucinating?
faslrn

Post by faslrn »

Baconator wrote:Sometimes when pinkie charges he does not seem to be hit by riotgun even when the crosshair is right in the middle of sprite.
No blood splats either. Have not tested other guns.
Maybe I am hallucinating?
Wonder if the blood splat is being set off but since the Pinkie is running at such high speeds, it goes behind him, making it look like he doesn't get hit.
Lime

Post by Lime »

Hello!
- Forgot to tell you about the ketchup mod. if you can make the settings combined like Faspons and Ketchup on the Options, that would've been good for me (makes me feel better). That's all.

P.S - NC HUD Updated to 1.30. Don't you think it is your chance to update the patch someday? I will have my patience until then.
- Sorry for bumping.

P.P.S - The Blood Splats from the Imp are kinda bit odd. when you shoot the Imp with the Shotgun, the splatters are high, even the settings are low. Yeez, dunno why that happen.
faslrn

At least I think I'm not

Post by faslrn »

Lime wrote:Hello!
- Forgot to tell you about the ketchup mod. if you can make the settings combined like Faspons and Ketchup on the Options, that would've been good for me (makes me feel better). That's all.

P.S - NC HUD Updated to 1.30. Don't you think it is your chance to update the patch someday? I will have my patience until then.
- Sorry for bumping.

P.P.S - The Blood Splats from the Imp are kinda bit odd. when you shoot the Imp with the Shotgun, the splatters are high, even the settings are low. Yeez, dunno why that happen.
NC Hud patch has been updated to work with the newest version.

I'll look into getting the settings combined with the ketchup patch. Shouldn't be too hard!* (regrets saying this as I run into a billion issues and want to strip the flesh from my eyes)

I know there are some blood splat direction/height issues so I'll be going through and nipping those in the glutes.

-----

Also announcement: I'm not dead yet** (not a guarantee)

This also means I'll be taking some time to actually finish what I started with the new difficulty and fixing any bugs along the way. Things were roadblocking me due to life tasks but with the holidays coming up, I can finally take some time to jerk off continue playing some doom and completely fucking up my mod develop Faspons again!
faslrn

Re: Faspons [REL: AUG 06 / DEV: DEC 10]

Post by faslrn »

Alrighty,

I'm going through and fixing a bunch of small nitpicks that were bothering me. I won't be posting after every push but there trust me, files will be changing.

I'm still working on the new difficulty mode and I'm trying to get some people to test out newer changes for the monsters to see if they work well and if it is worthy addition.

In addition to Faspons, I have another project that I am working on but, I think I might need a ton of help with the sprite work. We'll see how that goes.
Baconator

Post by Baconator »

Tried Ultimate Agitation.

Got brutally sodomized.
No regrets.

Zombies and shotgunners are too PITA. Too much rolling.
The rolling sprite does not suit the theme my opinion, maybe make them rarely "warp" short distances. More demonic and otherworldy.
Like those soldier necromorphs in Dead Space.

Pain elementals summon sometimes skulls which immidiately are destroyed before even morphing into exploding one.
Also the transform rate is too high, effect would be greater when less are exploding ones.

Congratulations! You made me hate revenants even more. :D
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Hey faslrn, I stumbled upon this thing, which makes spent Casings and Magazines to disappear in water. Really like it that way, because casings and magazines staying on water really grinds my gears. But it doesn't affect Gore. Think something can be done on your side so that Gore would be affected too?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”