10x Universal - Spawn Queue!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dljosef

Re: 10x Universal - Spawn Queue!

Post by dljosef »

I do have an idea: have the 10x multiplier effect items as well, for when you think you really need to even the odds against the hordes. (provided you're not playing Russian Overkill anyway.)
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

So this appears to be broken on the most recent stable GZDoom 3.2.5 - it crashes on level start. I tried to troubleshoot it, but I can't figure out how to compile the ACS, it fails with ACC, GDCC-ACC, and BCC. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this working again?
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

10x Universal + Colorful Hell + LegenDoom = FUN
saegiru

Post by saegiru »

saegiru wrote:So this appears to be broken on the most recent stable GZDoom 3.2.5 - it crashes on level start. I tried to troubleshoot it, but I can't figure out how to compile the ACS, it fails with ACC, GDCC-ACC, and BCC. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this working again?
Hey, just by the way on this - it only ended up crashing on VMs that had limited memory. Found out that there is an issue with the 'spawnqueue' array value of 256. Apparently setting it to that can cause crashes on some systems. If you're having issues, if you change that value to anything lower than 256 and recompile with GDCC-ACC it should fix the issue.
SHayden

Re: 10x Universal

Post by SHayden »

YukesVonFaust wrote:I'm prepared.
Besides, What could possibly go wrong?

Jesus Christ :surprise: :surprise: :surprise:
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

One problem I have with this mod nowadays is if there's a lot of same species monsters converging ontop of one another, it causes huuuuuge slowdown (especially on maps that use the teleporting monster closets separate from the playing area). Another problem is that the monsters multiplied from monsters spawned from the BossEye actor aren't given the +BOSSSPAWNED flag, and thus aren't killed with sv_killbossmonst when the Icon of Sin dies.

Hopefully someone in the future will rewrite this to use ZScript instead of ACS.
CopperBoltwire

Post by CopperBoltwire »

So far, works great, with the exception that i HIGHLY miss the fact i could pass through monsters.
A version , as an option for this, would be a blessing.
Only issue i got with this mod...
Normally, i used to have a semblance of a chance because i could risk a pass through, now i'm cornered and slaughtered by 200+ monsters because THEY can clip with one another, but i cannot.

Makes me almost want to use cheats of some kind...

3.2.5 - GZDoom
Works fine just fine, no issues - Need to reinstall/downgrade to this version it seems...

g3.3pre-732~~~~~ - GZDoom
I don't understand that it now crashes with "Out of bounds memory access in ACS VM"
Any way to "fix" that?
It previously worked, now it does not? what gives?
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

can you add or make a seperate health spawner?
Apteral10

Post by Apteral10 »

This PK with Metroid Dreadnaught and Sunder. Have fun (And I have played Sunder map pack through Metroid Dreadnaught mod... There have been moments where my front finger felt really painful)
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

This is a fixed version of 10xu.pk3 that will work in recent versions of GZDoom.
10xu-fixed.pk3
(3.41 KiB) Downloaded 401 times
This fix is limited: you cannot have more than 10 000 monsters.
Spoiler: dirty fix
Keldian

Post by Keldian »

Can you make version for Zandronum?
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

I think it isn't possible. The problem is in RGF_NOSIGHT flag for A_RadiusGive action function. It seems that Zandronum doesn't support it. This flag is needed for giving all monsters a particular item that adds monsters to spawn queue.
If there is another way to give an item to all monsters on a map, then Zandronum support may be possible. If you know any, please share. Or we have to wait until this flag is available in Zandronum.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Would it be possible to, when monster randomizers are involved, to have a different monster of the same class be spawned in as well?
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by JadedLexi »

Loading this with the Hearts of Demons: Baron WIP build(https://gitlab.com/Brohnesorge/HeartsOf ... N/tree/WIP) gives an ACS VM error. "out of bounds memory access in VM."
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Perhaps worth noting that I've previously encountered the same issue when using both Colourful Hell and That's What I Call MIDI (only if latter is loaded last). Back then I traced the error to somewhere inside commonFuncs.h. That's as much as I know on the matter. Couldn't pinpoint the precise source of the issue.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”