Take a break!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Take a break!

Postby Crudux Cruo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:38 am

Hey, thats pretty great! I'd be more than happy to put this in, what stats/effects did you have in mind? BTW...

Crudux Cruo
"It's howdy doody time kiddies, the bad man is here."

Postby Captain J » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:11 am

i think those boxes of drinks would be fitting if it's able to drop and pick a drink, just like a mod called smart scavenger.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby VriskaSerket » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:38 pm

Crudux Cruo wrote:Hey, thats pretty great! I'd be more than happy to put this in, what stats/effects did you have in mind? BTW...

Those are some real nice bottle sprites, mate!

Spoiler:

Captain J wrote:i think those boxes of drinks would be fitting if it's able to drop and pick a drink, just like a mod called smart scavenger.

Well, besides cans, I also got the separate bottles. I can do it, if necessary.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby Crudux Cruo » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:42 pm

Ok, so if i put it in my mod, here's what i'd do: i'd make these either a backpack item or replacing blurspheres (or both). I'd only be interested in non-commercial soda's. I'll tell you what i like so far:

Bonk red: pretty easily done i'd think, 25% damage resistance is a good idea that isn't too op.
Bonk blue: I'd have to look into it but i think it'd be fun, and its worth a try. jumping and running fast wouldn't kill anything balance wise.
Cola time: i laughed when i saw this, i think its hilarious! this should be fairly easy to do as well, zandronum has a freeze sphere, so yeah.
Rainbow dash: that's pretty neat, although i'm not a huge MLP fan; i'd prefer it have something to do with spastic children or ADD :D

Crit-a-cola: this is gonna be alot of work, i would like a quake like soda with 200-400% damage for 30 seconds. Quake-aid? Dr.Quake?
Name brands: not gonna do em no way no how, original only.
I'd like one more to round out the list, maybe a true invisibility soda?

The only way i see this work is that you can have one of each as a powerup item for your inventory, or you'd have to drink it right then and there. Certainly not 6 packs... this is meant to be a balance enhancer, so some mild powerup variations wont change the game too much, but otherwise you'd have a cluster F. also, having each as a weapon would make for alot of work.

Is there a way you can use an inventory item and have it play an animation? i was thinking this for the booze and cigs too.

one other thing... i'm trying to hand draw my stuff. not saying that i wont add stuff that isn't hand drawn, but i'd like whatever i add to at least fit the ascetic and have a "doom" feel to it.

Now if you're set on your idea, thats fine, i think you should make your own mod; if thats the case i'll come up with something different, otherwise if we can collaborate i'd love to try and code these in.
Crudux Cruo
"It's howdy doody time kiddies, the bad man is here."

Postby GuardStrike » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:03 pm

Is this going to play like Redneck Rampage? With the farting and drunk mechanics and silly but, effective weapons?

Because if it is, then I am so going to play this.
GuardStrike

Postby VriskaSerket » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:17 pm

Crudux Cruo wrote:Ok, so if i put it in my mod, here's what i'd do: i'd make these either a backpack item or replacing blurspheres (or both). I'd only be interested in non-commercial soda's. I'll tell you what i like so far:

Bonk red: pretty easily done i'd think, 25% damage resistance is a good idea that isn't too op.
Bonk blue: I'd have to look into it but i think it'd be fun, and its worth a try. jumping and running fast wouldn't kill anything balance wise.
Cola time: i laughed when i saw this, i think its hilarious! this should be fairly easy to do as well, zandronum has a freeze sphere, so yeah.
Rainbow dash: that's pretty neat, although i'm not a huge MLP fan; i'd prefer it have something to do with spastic children or ADD :D

Crit-a-cola: this is gonna be alot of work, i would like a quake like soda with 200-400% damage for 30 seconds. Quake-aid? Dr.Quake?

The only way i see this work is that you can have one of each as a powerup item for your inventory, or you'd have to drink it right then and there. Certainly not 6 packs... this is meant to be a balance enhancer, so some mild powerup variations wont change the game too much, but otherwise you'd have a cluster F. also, having each as a weapon would make for alot of work.

Is there a way you can use an inventory item and have it play an animation? i was thinking this for the booze and cigs too.

one other thing... i'm trying to hand draw my stuff. not saying that i wont add stuff that isn't hand drawn, but i'd like whatever i add to at least fit the ascetic and have a "doom" feel to it.

Now if you're set on your idea, thats fine, i think you should make your own mod; if thats the case i'll come up with something different, otherwise if we can collaborate i'd love to try and code these in.

Well, I can make a Quad Damage cola thing, if you want.
As for the invis soda, I'll see what I can make. I've gotta get a good design for the box.
As for the system I had in mind for my mod, you'd pick up the packs and have it on the inventory, getting 6 bottles when used. The sprite holding the whole pack was just a silly test, beause originally it was a joke sprite I made, but then went on and made more.
I can do individual bottles, but again, you saw my style. It's not very Doom-like. I could do some research on how to edit them in Photoshop to give 'em a more legit look, but other than that...

As for the assets, if you wish to use them, and the stats ideas, for your mod, that's fine by me. I can contribute a lil', too.
But I still want to make that mod I had in mind. That, of course, doesn't mean the above should be scrapped from your mod at all.
My idea is more towards a silly fun mod rather than a serious gameplay factor, so they can coexist as separate entities, haha.

As for the cluster of weapons, there are many mods that have tons and tons of weapons and you have no choce but to switch weapons until you find 'em.
If you decide to make 'em wepons, you could shorten this a little bit by making a button change items while not changing the weapon itself (from a technical point of view).
For example: Weapon 1 is a bottle, and rather than making Weapon 2 be another bottle, all bottles are within Weapon 1, switched by pressing the reload button or secondary fire or an extra key bind. This way you can have and switch to different drinks while not actually changing the weapon itself.
However, I know nothing about scripting and such for Doom, so I don't know if it's something too complicated to implement. It's just an idea I had. Also sorry if I made the explaination too confusing :P
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby 4thcharacter » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm okay with them taking up weapon slots. It's not like you're going to use them in the midst of the battle anyway, maybe except for the whiskey.

If they really bother you put them in a number slot that you'll rarely touch like 9 or 8 via an editor. I had them placed at slot 9.
4thcharacter
"I have returned."

Postby GuardStrike » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:08 pm

VriskaSerket wrote:
Crudux Cruo wrote:Ok, so if i put it in my mod, here's what i'd do: i'd make these either a backpack item or replacing blurspheres (or both). I'd only be interested in non-commercial soda's. I'll tell you what i like so far:

Well, I can make a Quad Damage cola thing, if you want.
As for the invis soda, I'll see what I can make. I've gotta get a good design for the box.
As for the system I had in mind for my mod, you'd pick up the packs and have it on the inventory, getting 6 bottles when used. The sprite holding the whole pack was just a silly test, beause originally it was a joke sprite I made, but then went on and made more.
I can do individual bottles, but again, you saw my style. It's not very Doom-like. I could do some research on how to edit them in Photoshop to give 'em a more legit look, but other than that...

As for the assets, if you wish to use them, and the stats ideas, for your mod, that's fine by me. I can contribute a lil', too.
But I still want to make that mod I had in mind. That, of course, doesn't mean the above should be scrapped from your mod at all.
My idea is more towards a silly fun mod rather than a serious gameplay factor, so they can coexist as separate entities, haha.

As for the cluster of weapons, there are many mods that have tons and tons of weapons and you have no choce but to switch weapons until you find 'em.
If you decide to make 'em wepons, you could shorten this a little bit by making a button change items while not changing the weapon itself (from a technical point of view).
For example: Weapon 1 is a bottle, and rather than making Weapon 2 be another bottle, all bottles are within Weapon 1, switched by pressing the reload button or secondary fire or an extra key bind. This way you can have and switch to different drinks while not actually changing the weapon itself.
However, I know nothing about scripting and such for Doom, so I don't know if it's something too complicated to implement. It's just an idea I had. Also sorry if I made the explaination too confusing :P

If it will help any, I remember a certain powerup called "vanishing cream" from an old PC game called "Outlaws."

It made you partially invisible on the game.
GuardStrike

Postby VriskaSerket » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:47 pm

GuardStrike wrote:If it will help any, I remember a certain powerup called "vanishing cream" from an old PC game called "Outlaws."

It made you partially invisible on the game.

No, I didn't mean the theme of te drink, but the design on the box. A small sprite won't do, I use large textures for it, since they're actually models.
I think I could use the Q3A invis model as reference and make something in Photoshop. A 100% custom design.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby taufan99 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:30 am

Hey, I've got another idea! Why not make a berserk soda?
taufan99
Ow, I stubbed my toe!

Discord: loveliver99#8477

Postby VriskaSerket » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:59 am

taufan99 wrote:Hey, I've got another idea! Why not make a berserk soda?

I had the idea of making colas for all default Doom powerups, but then I said nah when I realized there's a lack of HD iterations to turn into decent cola designs.
A Berserk pack oughta be easy, though. Just a black boxart with a red cross, and some gradient here and there. Then a bloody "BERSERK" header. I think I'll do it.

As for the Invis cola, I think I'll use the Quake 3 invis model as the logo.
VriskaSerket
a.k.a Squig

Postby Athel » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:38 pm

VriskaSerket wrote:...Is it time for some cola?

Am I thely one who lol'd at this? :lol: Anyway, this is a nice mod. Like it. Could use different snacks and drinks as the others say. Love the sprited bottles as well. They remind me of AD2's bottle.
Athel
Oh god what do I do here

Discord: Athel#2406

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods