[WIP][RELEASE] The Gunslinger: A Fistful of Death

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jdredalert

Re: [WIP][RELEASE] The Gunslinger: A fistful of death

Post by jdredalert »

The closest i can get for a western machine gun is this Gatling from Captain J resources thread:
Spoiler:
I know these were mounted machine guns and a man-portable version is far away from the reality, but the same can be said for Doom's regular one handed chaingun fired with a pistol grip, so i think it's okay to recommend that.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [WIP][RELEASE] The Gunslinger: A Fistful of Death

Post by xenoxols »

Updated with dual boomsticks, new sprites, and optional one-liners; Caleb's of course. Also there is a new video.
doony

Post by doony »

wow this mod is amazing, many good quality mods nowdays
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Besides replacing the pump shotgun with a Winchester M1887 (lever-action shotgun from the Terminator movies), the Western feel wouldn't be complete without a lever-action rifle. However, since these are the monsters of Hell you're taking on, a Western rifle used for Buffalo hunting would be a more appropriate long-gun. Lemme submit pictures of two examples, though I do not know if suitable player sprites exist or not:

Winchester Model 1876:
Spoiler:
Calibers available: .45-75 WCF, or .50-95 Express, yes, a .50-caliber version was made. This could be your repeating medium-range 'battle rifle' for horribly messing up bandito zombies and imps from a distance without wasting TNT bundles, and for softening up of mid-range nasties that are too far away for the M1887 shotgun or the double-barrel coachgun.

For your ultra-long range sniper rifle, THIS would suffice:

1874 Sharps 'Buffalo' Rifle:
Spoiler:
Caliber: .52 caliber. 'nuff said. With that long scope, you should be able to put a .52-size hole in a Mancubus' head or even put out the eye of a Baron of Hell, along with most of its brains, from all the way across a big massive map. :D

Captain J's Gatling Gun definitely needs to replace the M60. Not sure how'd you replace the BFG meanwhile in this mod, unless you're willing to use DECORATE to effectively create one of these:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Patriot1776 on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kagur

Post by Kagur »

Well if Xenoxol goes for putting all those features recommended by Patriot1776, he might as well go back to working on the Terminator mod as well. I believe that was his most successful one.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

heres a basic sharps style flintlock rifle of an edit of a rifle from ashes project

its just a base w/ little to nuttin in it

wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

m60 mg is totaly out of space here ... i think you can easy use lewis mg or browning automatic rifle fit nicely in timeline[if i close both my eyes, lewis 1913 bar 1918,exist some chance for springfield 1903 for sniping or browning auto -5 for shotgun works ... anyway it is a your mod...
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

chronoteeth wrote:heres a basic sharps style flintlock rifle of an edit of a rifle from ashes project

its just a base w/ little to nuttin in it

Nice looking sprites! BTW, the Sharps rifle is NOT a flintlock, even though it does have a flintlock-style hammer. The Sharps was one of the first rifles designed to take modern metallic cartridges, but it was a single shot weapon where the single metallic cartridge had to be manually inserted into the chamber, its mechanism basically a miniaturized version of the loading system used on modern howitzer cannons.
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Why does it keep crashing with a access violation OOOOFC every time you die?
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

Updated! Now you can dual wield revolvers, No more M60 so it's actually a western mod now, and in its place is a lever action rifle.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

No love for the western gatling gun? :(

Still, your work on these weapons keeps the high standards. Well done!
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

I can't find an angled sprite for a gatling gun. If I do find one, it'll likely be the BFG replacement.
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

Can you include the old revolver sprites as a optional mutator? And perhaps increase the scale of the shellbox, seems a tad small from what I remember in Blood. Can you remove the screen wobble when you reload the shotguns? The dynamite flashes on the screen who you pull it out the zippo lighter when you have 0 dynamite left, awfully distracting. Also you forget to change the zombie firing sounds.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

I think double the amount of pistol ammo should be dropped. I love using the pistols but my joy is cut short from ammo scarcity.
xenoxols

Post by xenoxols »

The old pistol will be a different weapon.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”